Black Manta vs Luke Cage & Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Well?

CosmicComet
Luke Cage beats up Iron Fist first.

That loser will drag him down.

Then Manta, eventually.

leonidas
hmm, we have very different opinions of manta methinks. i could see cage soloing this, maybe danny as well with his speed. together i think this is pretty much a stomp. has manta ever really gone against or beaten anyone of note other than hanging in there with aquaman? i've just always had the impression arthur holds back against him, like when spidey punches doc ock in the face for example.

Philosophía
I think Manta is more durable than he is strong but, at the same time, his punches do hurt Arthur, and if Arthur'd be that much stronger than him, the fights would never turn look like slugfests mixed with weapons. How much? Well, the best range I got is depowered Superman grappling with him:
https://imgur.com/YZ4NPXn
Who's a 'jumps hundreds of feet and pulls two digit tons' type of guy:
https://imgur.com/a/02oh3
And this:
https://imgur.com/a/DKGiQ

CosmicComet
Idk.

Thing is not even 1% as strong as WWH yet can still make him bleed in a fight.

Comic writers are often terrible with their power scaling.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Archie Clayton is hard to put at a decent scale.

Iron Fist can absorb energy, I don't think any of his weaponry outside of his eyebeams are going to hurt Cage..

I mean Cage was going toe to toe with Namor underwater... Unless your thinking BM hits harder than Namor. or Wonderman, Thing or Hulk...

cdtm
I'm convinced.

Iron Fist beats WWH.

Philosophía
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Idk.

Comic writers are often terrible with their power scaling. I also agree with this.

I dunno, on the other hand he has good fights with Deathstroke, too.

He's also kind of like Hawkman.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Luke was hanging with Namor underwater for a little bit.

https://imgur.com/a/tE7sKsu

shiv
Idk.

Where on WWH's body did Thing Strike?

StiltmanFTW
Idk.

Forget about Thing.

BEAST did that, too.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by shiv
Where on WWH's body did Thing Strike?

His face.

To be fair now, WWH took Johnny's nova attack and Storm's lightning prior to that.

Deadline
All the times that I have seen Manta go 1 on 1 with Arthur Arthur has won pretty easily. However theres no shame in losing to a guy that has at least class 80 strength, superhuman speed, reflexes and does have fighting skill. However Manta is clearly highly skilled I've seen him take out a prison guard (this was in a metahuman prison) casualy with a coin and take down highly trained guards pretty much with ease. I just haven't seen him gone up against somebody like Batman.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Deadline
I just haven't seen him gone up against somebody like Batman.

Well, he fought Deathstroke and *apparently* did pretty good.

I skimmed through the scans back when the comic got released, but don't remember exactly how it went. So you might want to ask someone to re-post them.

Cage should be able to wade through that pathetic optic blast of his and punch a hole through him, imo.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
pathetic optic blast

No such ****ing thing.

Deadline
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Well, he fought Deathstroke and *apparently* did pretty good.

I skimmed through the scans back when the comic got released, but don't remember exactly how it went. So you might want to ask someone to re-post them.

Cage should be able to wade through that pathetic optic blast of his and punch a hole through him, imo.

Well based on what I've seen I would bet he should be able to put up a fight against Batman but that's it. Clearly wouldn't make sense to put him on the same level.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Deadline
Well based on what I've seen I would bet he should be able to put up a fight against Batman but that's it. Clearly wouldn't make sense to put him on the same level.

Batman is one of those characters that everyone can "put up a fight" against laughing out loud Yet he'll still continue to embarrass heralds on a daily basis.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
No such ****ing thing.

He's not Cyclops, that's for sure.

CosmicComet

StiltmanFTW
Even DC doesn't know his strength class, so don't worry about that.

beatboks
Has he fought Hawkman?

I kinda put Hawkman around Spider-Man level in strength. I guess.

He's not. He's around a 3 to 4 tonner in strength. He has MUCH better striking power with his nth metal mace due to hie it affects gravity, magnetics etc. With the claw of horus he can strike Supes and send him flying (claw os pure nth while his mace is like 5%). The claw is said to strike with the force of a planet, the mace would strike slightly above Spidey level.

His real asset is the healing factor Nth gives him which is just below Logan level. That's the only thing that lets you hang with high tier

cdtm
Should let him hang with Cage's steel hard skin and Danny chi healing, at least.

The fact is, classic Cage and Danny have handles multiple variations of Creed. Manta has to be better then 1998 Sabertooth, at the least, because Cage just manhandled him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.