On the topic of the relaunched Fact Files

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
I know the matter of Darth Bane's "most powerful Sith ever" accolade has been discussed a few years back, but what do we do about the other information contained within that's clearly Legends. For example, issue 64, despite being published after the canon reformation in 2015, goes over the entire story of Dynasty of Evil. The aforementioned issue containing Bane's accolade of being the most powerful Sith up to his time was also published after Disney's overhaul, but covers the events of Path of Destruction.

So how should we treat these? In the same vein as SWTOR, Legends regardless of the publication date? Or Canon? Or shall we just dismiss them entirely? What is your solution and why?

Jaggarath
Tricky situation. The publisher had no clue what they were doing and the Story Group clearly didn't bother to fact-check anything.

Hard for me to take a source seriously given that context, regardless of the gems that might be inside.

Zenwolf
If it's not clarified I just go with what's Legends is Legends, Canon is Canon, no in-between. If it's been confirmed one way or the other though, just dismiss what the other is.

Azronger
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Tricky situation. The publisher had no clue what they were doing and the Story Group clearly didn't bother to fact-check anything.

Hard for me to take a source seriously given that context, regardless of the gems that might be inside.

Scans for what the publishers said?

Azronger
^

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Azronger
Scans for what the publishers said?

I don't think he's saying the publisher said anything, just that the publisher doesn't know what they're doing.

BestDebaterEver
Should be fairly obvious from the source itself if its referring to canon or legends. That is unless you are agenda driven as some are...

bdsmbdsm
It can't be taken as Legends imo, it just ****s too much up. But if its Canon, it basically means the OCW, the Bane trilogy, some TOTJ stuff etc. is all Canon too.

Zenwolf

bdsmbdsm
Well that's all referenced in this source, which was released post-April 2014... So it's Disney Canon.

RHaggis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.