So... Where the f*ck are all these people who dislike Hardcore Henry???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
It's one of my favorite action movies ever, with a unique premise, awesome cinematography, great soundtrack, awesome characters, Henry and Jimmy are so damn charming to me.

That horse scene was hilarious.

Yet on Rotten Tomatoes and tons of sites all I see are bum reviews.

The concept was also incredibly interesting and done very VERY well in my opinion. I rarely had trouble seeing the action despite it being in first-person.

Also, its just... a really, REALLY fun, over-the-top movie, a movie you're SUPPOSED to shut your brain off for, and even if your brain is on, you can easily point out some of the better scenes. I feel awful for people who don't see the maker's vision for this film.

C'mon that massacre near the end of the movie was ****in awesome.

riv6672
I didnt like it.
It was, at best, average. I feel awful for ppl who cant see that, and feel they need to start threads trying to defend it, when no one gives a shit.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by riv6672
I didnt like it.
It was, at best, average. I feel awful for ppl who cant see that, and feel they need to start threads trying to defend it, when no one gives a shit. What didnt you like about it?

steverules_2

Flyattractor
Most people don't like it cause they didn't take any dramamine to the movie with them.

Jmanghan
If you watched it in theaters it might've made you sick.

Flyattractor
I did watch it in theater....TWICE! Best movie of that Year as far as I was concerned. More fun and Original then Deadpool was.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I did watch it in theater....TWICE! Best movie of that Year as far as I was concerned. More fun and Original then Deadpool was. Thats a pretty glowing review there. I still need to check out Deadpool, though I have Kick-Ass and Kingsman keeping me company so I think I'll be good for now.

Flyattractor
Deadpool was a Fun Movie but it now no where near as OG as the ShillFanBase made it out to be. Yeah it Broke the 4th Wall a lot but that gag has been around as long as a Stage. Kids acted like DP INVENTED it. That always made me laugh.
DP just kind of Poked Fun at Comic Book Movie tropes but didn't break any of them.

Hardcore Henry DID!!!!!!

steverules_2
Jimmy was the best character

And the fight at the end was SO good

Flyattractor
Yeah. The Jimmies were AWESOME!

Go for the Henry. Stay for the Jimmies!!!!!

Patient_Leech
I didn't like Hardcore Henry much either. I get that it was experimenting a bit with action, and I actually appreciate that. It has some nice sequences, but I don't recall it having a very compelling story or characters. And the stylistic approach might have gotten in the way of those things. So the unique approach to action is sort of wasted if you simply don't care what happens and to whom.

That being said, it has been some time since I saw it and I could possibly give it another chance on the small screen, because that's another thing: it didn't lend itself well to a big screen experience. I don't get sick with shaky First Person cam, but I typically find it annoying and distracting. However, when it's the main feature (similar to Cloverfield, which I didn't mind at all) I can sometimes look past it.

But if you check RT it is a pretty mixed bag, about 50/50 with critics and audience.

Also why not just resurrect the old thread for it rather than make a new "ragey" one?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I didn't like Hardcore Henry much either. I get that it was experimenting a bit with action, and I actually appreciate that. It has some nice sequences, but I don't recall it having a very compelling story or characters. And the stylistic approach might have gotten in the way of those things. So the unique approach to action is sort of wasted if you simply don't care what happens and to whom.

That being said, it has been some time since I saw it and I could possibly give it another chance on the small screen, because that's another thing: it didn't lend itself well to a big screen experience. I don't get sick with shaky First Person cam, but I typically find it annoying and distracting. However, when it's the main feature (similar to Cloverfield, which I didn't mind at all) I can sometimes look past it.

But if you check RT it is a pretty mixed bag, about 50/50 with critics and audience.

Also why not just resurrect the old thread for it rather than make a new "ragey" one? If you're watching an action movie for the story and characters, you're watching it for the wrong reasons.

Upon watching it I never once had any problems knowing what the hell was going on, whether it was punching, kicking, shoot-outs, throwing stuff, despite the movie being in first-person.

A silent protagonist is fine because dude had crazy motivation, his OWN motivation to keep fighting. Jimmy was pretty awesome, all his different incarnations were endearing and charming imo.

Plus it has the best... ACTION scenes I've seen, I'd put it over the Bourne movies for damn sure because you can barely see anything in those movies, and they were in THIRD-PERSON, while this one is in first-person where you'd expect shaky-cam.

Also I feel it executed the first-person concept so damn well.

Flyattractor
That and this had a pretty good Villain too. Way better then Francis in Deadpool. The Baseball Bat Gag was better then all of Francis's scenes in the entire movie.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Jmanghan
If you're watching an action movie for the story and characters, you're watching it for the wrong reasons.

Compelling characters and story are what give the action weight, so yeah, it matters.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Compelling characters and story are what give the action weight, so yeah, it matters.

And that is why Hardcore Wins.

Jmanghan
And that is why Hardcore Wins. Word, I remember watching the Colossus vs Juggernaut scene and realizing how amateur it was.

With a dumbass soundtrack to boot.

Flyattractor
Aint seen DP2 yet and not really in any rush to.

TheGrat1
I watched it in the theater with dbox seats. Wonderful experience and an awesome action flick.

Flyattractor
Loved the Movie so much...Bought the Soundtrack.

Jmanghan
Loved the Movie so much...Bought the Soundtrack. Own it on blu-ray :P

Flyattractor
Same Here Skippy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.