Loki vs Cable (full power)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Hm.

Who wins?

leonidas
cable would be eff'd. loki's tp is awesome and his magic would counter anything cable could throw at him. matter manip alone would end this without any problems for loki. in theory loki could get rid of the to virus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki makes Cable look like a punk in terms of feats.

eaebiakuya
Cabe has more raw Power, but Loki have The better powerset.

shiv
The Son Of The Goblin Queen is protected against magic.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by shiv
The Son Of The Goblin Queen is protected against magic. Eh? This a real thing?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Cabe has more raw Power, but Loki have The better powerset.

Eh, I don't know about that sir.

shiv
Yes.

shiv
It's a real thing O.B.M.

The X-Men don't talk about it.

eaebiakuya
Source to this immunity to magic?

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Eh, I don't know about that sir.

At least in theory Cable should have a lot of raw power.

What are best feats of raw power of Loki?

leonidas
raw power is meaningless here, though loki has battled with surtur for a prolonged time and gone for prolonged battles against thor, among other things. he also displayed great power against set.

cable MAY have more raw power, but it would be negligible, and loki's powerset is DAMN hard to counter. loki takes this almost every time.

eaebiakuya
I agree. But with a good TK shield, i think cable can at least do a good fight.

About raw power, some others time Thor just defeated him without much effort in a direct battle.

Smurph
I haven't seen anything from Loki to show that it's debatable who has more raw power. If Cable can reliably damage Loki, mentally or physically, he steamrolls here.

Would be happy to BZ this if someone were willing to wait until maybe mid March.

leonidas
i'd be game for that, 100%. thumb up just message me whenever.

Philosophía
Interesting.

But I have a feeling it will turn so TP-focused, it won't get space to breathe.

leonidas
well, when you go against cable that's what happens. he beat me with cable in a different bz where i used mags. judges just seemed to think his tk>mag's power. i thought it was a good bz but that the judging sucked. sneer

"Id"
Or you handled mags poorly.

abhilegend
Heh, Eradicator had no problem beating cable.

leonidas
Originally posted by "Id"
Or you handled mags poorly.

i'm sad. you made me sad. sad

eaebiakuya
I think magic is very strong against TP in Marvel:

- Enchantress blocked xavier TP. (with no effort).
- Doom blocked onslaught reed skull TP.

Loki is strong in magic than both. I dont think Cable can win via TP.

h1a8
Speculation. Characters don't share feats. TP could work on Loki

Smurph

Smurph
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd be game for that, 100%. thumb up just message me whenever. thumb up sounds good man

carver9
Cable

shiv
Source Of Cables Diplomatic Immunity To Magic and The Occult

These Books

Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor, X-Men, Cable

celeyhyga17
https://media.giphy.com/media/glmRyiSI3v5E4/giphy-downsized-large.gif

shiv
There was a time when The X-Men were knee deep in the Occult.

shiv
Things calmed down in the 90s

abhilegend

Smurph
Originally posted by abhilegend
Heh, I won fair and square. No rules broken, don't be salty now. Lol. Right.

No salt here. Just correcting your memory. Anybody could read that match and see how you handled yourself.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Smurph
Lol. Right.

No salt here. Just correcting your memory. Anybody could read that match and see how you handled yourself.
There, there. No need to be revisionist. If you want, we can go again with the match as per your rules.

I will LOVE to beat you again.

"Id"
Cable never had magic immunity.

Sin I AM
How powerful is Loki? Ive always considered him like mid herald maybe a little less?...his magical ability moves up and down

Smurph
There, there. No need to be revisionist. If you want, we can go again with the match as per your rules.

I will LOVE to beat you again. Hmm. I could bz you and spend the whole match, again, watching you squirm around the rules with out of context scans, and end up arguing about that more than the characters...

Or I could bz Leo and have an honest debate about mutants and magic, the way adults do.

Which would you pick?

"Id"
i'm sad. you made me sad. sad laughing out loud

abhilegend
Hmm. I could bz you and spend the whole match, again, watching you squirm around the rules with out of context scans, and end up arguing about that more than the characters...

You mean like the last time where you lost by majority of votes?

Heh, sound like another excuse. If you are so sure you were robbed, surely you can put the rules so that you can rig it in your favor and beat me?

For claiming to be an adult, you sure throw a hell of a tantrum.

If you want to stop complaining about one loss five years ago, surely you would pick me.

But hey, keep complaining how you were robbed.

leonidas
now i feel like a third wheel. sad

Smurph
For claiming to be an adult, you sure throw a hell of a tantrum.lol, ok.

Nobody wants to debate a worm.

Smurph

"Id"
I like the Loki vs Cable match up.

Damborgson
Lol Smurph, at least he offers a rematch to you. He straight up quit on me and never came back.

leonidas
it's definitely a fun match up. and yeah, i guess all feats unless you had reason not to have everything? i don't think there are any special stips needed for this. straight for the helluvit match up. thumb up

One Big Mob
Will this determine the top hoser on KillerMoviesCanada?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol. Right.

Welcome back. Which thread was this?

leonidas
laughing out loud

its an old bz they had, what, a couple years ago now? abhi beat smurph with eradicator when smurph was using cable. both clearly over it. laughing out loud

anyway rage, wanna judge? we can also hit up mungi. if we can find one more canadian to judge we can keep the whole thing in the family! canadian

shiv
Originally posted by "Id"
...... never had magic immunity.

- The Abomination

- The High Lord

- The Askani Son

- The Same Character

- They Are Not

abhilegend
lol, ok.

Nobody wants to debate a worm.
laughing out loud

Sure, just remember that you already lost to me and not all the whining in the world would change that.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
Lol Smurph, at least he offers a rematch to you. He straight up quit on me and never came back.
You mean where I was sick? Sure, let's do the rematch.

Damborgson
You mean where I was sick? Sure, let's do the rematch.

Deal. thumb up

Let's talk terms.

abhilegend
Deal. thumb up

Let's talk terms.
Same as before I guess.

Smurph
Welcome back. Which thread was this? Thanks smile

Battlezone: God Cable vs Krypton Man

Smurph
laughing out loud

its an old bz they had, what, a couple years ago now? abhi beat smurph with eradicator when smurph was using cable. both clearly over it. laughing out loud

anyway rage, wanna judge? we can also hit up mungi. if we can find one more canadian to judge we can keep the whole thing in the family! canadian Bran will judge.

Title of top hoser needs to be decided.

leonidas
thumb up

Damborgson
Same as before I guess.

Just restarting and being able to fix our mistakes isn't fair for anyone. You still have two posts and I have 1 left, we should start from there.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks smile

laughing out loud

I had an eyebrow raise by the fifth post on the first page. PG is slacking in his old age.

Philosophía
Just restarting and being able to fix our mistakes isn't fair for anyone. You still have two posts and I have 1 left, we should start from there. Since we're at the topic...

Damborg, which DC character would you feel comfortable repping that is not Superman/Flash at the low herald and above tiers? We've done a Marvel vs DC , Marvel vs Marvel, it would be cool to close the 'trilogy' out with DC vs Marvel , sometime in the future. Throw some names out there, just to get a gauge and I'll send some your way to see what you think. If you still want to, of course.

carver9
Thanks smile

Lol... all of the judges were, unique. Had the same similarities when it comes to which character they rep. All of them are great debaters though but you all should factor in debating styles when searching for judges.

Damborgson

DarkSaint85
Tbf, Phildo will also need some time to read up on anything Marvel.

Philosophía
Absolutely thumb up that's a fitting end. (Though if I lose again we'll probably have to extend it to a 6 part starwars like contest)

I would be comfortable with the bigger names like WW, MMH, Aquaman, Green Lantern, etc!

But honestly, I'm pretty down for any character low herald and up as long as I get like a week to read up on them. thumb up

I'm trying to think of somebody that isn't already a household name, in the sense that everybody already knows how powerful he is.

I'm tempted to use Nova, maybe against Wonder Woman depending on what you think? We'll see, no hurry.

Smurph
laughing out loud

I had an eyebrow raise by the fifth post on the first page. PG is slacking in his old age. yeah, I forgot that PG outright agreed that the match was a total mess from the beginning. laughing out loud

abhilegend
Yeah, PG is such a non biased person. All the rest of the judges were just blind.

thumb up

Mindset
Cable

Damborgson

Smurph

abhilegend

Smurph
laughing out loud

StyleTime
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
I think magic is very strong against TP in Marvel:

- Enchantress blocked xavier TP. (with no effort).
- Doom blocked onslaught reed skull TP.

Loki is strong in magic than both.
I wonder if it applies to all areas though. Amora transmuted Loki and Thor's legs into tree stumps and they couldn't stop her.

And her TP defense enchantments are pretty consistent, from low levels like Monet up to even Red Onslaught.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Yeah, 2 vs 3 is so hard to decide.

thumb up

Damborgson
So yes or no Abhi?

abhilegend
I already said yes to the rematch.

Damborgson
Did you read what I posted after?

abhilegend
Did you read what I posted after?
OK, we should restart the match where we left it. Two posts to me and 1 post to you.

Damborgson
OK, we should restart the match where we left it. Two posts to me and 1 post to you.

Perfect thumb up

abhilegend
I will have my post by tomorrow if everything goes right.

Damborgson
I will realistically have to wait until this weekend

abhilegend
I will realistically have to wait until this weekend
Post is up in the old thread.

leonidas
a 3 part post....? rules were OP +3 and you had a 3 part single post? did we change the rules for the final? confused

abhilegend
a 3 part post....? rules were OP +3 and you had a 3 part single post? did we change the rules for the final? confused
Didn't stop Dambo from posting two part posts. And the site is glitching so I had to post it in parts.

Philosophía
Ahhh, we can do that for DC too. Maybe someone like Captain Atom for me thumb up Well, Atom would completely neutralize and stomp Nova, and I think everybody knows it, lol.

He has some of the best feats in comics, both in and outside fights. Dude took Hal Jordan to the back of the shed.

Damborgson
As long as its withing 10k characters there's no problem thumb up

which it looks like it is, I'll check later.

Leo, are you cool posting our final posts together when we send then to you ? Dont mean to volunteer you, I'm actually asking lol.
--------

Also Philo, okay we'll keep bouncing ideas off of each other 😂

Philosophía
thumb up

I won't keep you fine folks from each other's throats any longer.

leonidas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.