Epic is clueless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
1. No offline mode.

2. No mod support.

There used to be a fix for the first, but they "updated" the launcher to tie games to being online. Why would I buy a game from their store, if I can't access it whenever my internet connection is down due to isp problems/maintenance? Why would anybody?

This is basic goof-up's 101. Requiring persistent internet for single player games NEVER ends well.

Smasandian
I forget if Steam allowed offline mode when it was released.....I thought it didn't but I could be entirely wrong.

I agree....there should be an offline mode and they will probably add on pretty quickly.

On a side note, it's funny to see people go nuts over the Epic store and its exclusives. History is repeating itself because I believe most of the comments remained the same when Steam was required for Half-Life 2.

cdtm
Remember when Epic gave away Super Meat Boy? I accepted it, and added it to my library. I did not install it.

The Epic launcher updated.

Super Meat is no longer in my library. If I want it through Epic, I must buy it.

Watch me run to buy anything on the Epic Store after this. If you don't INSTALL something, you could LOSE it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
Remember when Epic gave away Super Meat Boy? I accepted it, and added it to my library. I did not install it.

The Epic launcher updated.

Super Meat is no longer in my library. If I want it through Epic, I must buy it.

It's still in mine

have you tried getting into contact with Epic games support?

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
It's still in mine

have you tried getting into contact with Epic games support?

Not yet. Only just now found out about it.

The You Don't Know Jack game seems to be missing, too. Basically anything I didn't actually install, is now gone from the library.

And on their website, under "payment history", the Finch game isn't showing up. Only Subnautica and the current one (But Finch is installed in the library)

Kazenji
I didn't have Super Meat boy installed and it's in my library but i did have the Jackbox party pack installed and that's still in there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.