Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Comics have outright been pathetic lately. Dont know what happened or what caused this but everything just seems so unorganized. I'm trying to figure out when this started. What yr did the crisis of comics began? What ongoing title made you realize comics are not where they use to be. What happened and what stood out to you?

My guess would be the issues that was dished out to the Celestials. When they started treating them as canon fodder.

Parmaniac
Political driven agenda by NPC/SJWs. At this point I literally want them dead. They are infesting Comics and Video Games and are reaching out for Animes at this point.

Eorst part is they're not even consumers of said stuff they just want it their way.

Get woke go broke.

Damborgson
2015 or so I believe. Though comics had been showing the signs for quite a bit before that, we just didn't expect this to happen.

Khazra Reborn
I started to really lose interest when continuity no longer became a priority. Then DC rebooted for the 8 millionth time, and Marvel turned Thor into a pussy, so I just gave up. People like me are clearly no longer the target audience for comics, and I'd rather go quietly into the night than be that old man that bitches about them kids.

XLR87T3
IIRC, they only said they rebooted Superman in the story, combining both his versions into one. Everyone else is the same as their New 52 versions

DarkSaint85

One Big Mob
Yes Carver, it was that specific point that had to do with the Celestials that turned Iceman into a flamboyant cock sucker. Galactus ripping a Celestial in half sent shockwaves through Marvel that ripped Iceman's anus open and he had to find a way to fill the gap.

staxamillion
for me caught a glimpse during necrosha, vamps and muties just seemed too much of the 'time' and not just a good arc

Philosophía
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Political driven agenda by NPC/SJWs. At this point I literally want them dead. They are infesting Comics and Video Games and are reaching out for Animes at this point.

Eorst part is they're not even consumers of said stuff they just want it their way.

Get woke go broke. /thread

BrolyBlack
Sad to see this.

gauntlet o doom
Early 2000s. Yes, it was that early.

beatboks
In all honesty I think its circular and you ll get many different oppinions depending on the poster.

I've experienced this a few times over my comic reading history.
I think every now and then the "industry" sees itself as loosing relevence because its not gaining a new audience and the one it has is flagging.

So every now and then it makes changes it THINKS will attract a new and hip audience at the expense of the one it has.
For example back in the early 90's quite a few old characters were killed off to make room for a new breed or just completwly guttwd characters. For me thw JSA getting killed off, Daredevil's being totally ripped to shreďs by Fisk etc.

In 2004 -2006 we also had a changing of the guard that jaded many readers due to treatment of their favorites to change legacies (Barry Allen came back so Wally got shite on, Jaimie Reyes new BB ted Kord killed etc)

Once or sometimes twice a decade the throw the baby out with the bathwater just to try and get new market penetration. They inevitably change back to keep the readers who would have always been there as the fly by nites leave

SquallX
Originally posted by Parmaniac

Get woke go broke.

Look what happen to Vic Magnona. That mans career and lively hood, and his reputation are dead thanks to mob rule.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.