Who should be 'canonized' in DB next..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
In light of the tremendous success Broly's canonization has been, it got me wondering what other 'non-canon' character(s) you'd like to see made canon in DBS continuity?

For me it would be either Janemba, the Shadow Dragons(though they'd likely have to derive from the Super Dragon Balls at this point), or Cooler.

Thoughts?

NemeBro
No one.

Jmanghan
Pikkon for damn sure.

victreebelvictr
Daishinkan is canon, right?

Galan007
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Pikkon for damn sure. Always did like Pikkon. thumb up

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Daishinkan is canon, right? Lol, yes.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Galan007
Always did like Pikkon. thumb up

Lol, yes. Sorry, I am kinda new to this anime. X3

But yeah, they should go more into Minister, I want to see more fighting and less scaling. :3

I would like to see the Shadow Dragons the most though.

juggerman
Super 17
Majuub
Cooler
Dr. Lychee

BrolyBlack
Pikon, Cooler, Janemba, Pan

Bentley
Pan is already canon.

Pikkon is actually the only decent choice I can think of. Cooler is just derivative and the shadow dragons need to be fixed pretty bad. Boojack had a nice look but he did not bring up anything special.

Janemba and Hildergarn both look fun and had cool moves. I don't necessarily see them as fully fledged characters but you could redo those ideas and make them better.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by juggerman
Super 17
Majuub
Cooler
Dr. Lychee
Why would you want to see an edgelord bastardized 17 again? Cooler's the only one I really agree with but eh.

Hit pretty much was the new Pikkon when you think about it.

juggerman
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Why would you want to see an edgelord bastardized 17 again? Cooler's the only one I really agree with but eh.

The idea of an enemy that ki blasts were useless against was interesting. They could have done so much with that idea. I guess it doesn't have to be 17 specifically

cdtm
Shadow Dragons wouldn't be the same, imo, because you couldn't do Nouva Shenron being Goku and Grandpa Gohan's Ball. He's have to be his own, unrelated thing, instead of the emotional ties to the protagonist.

Bring on Cooler, finally. With him back in the drivers seat of an empire, it's the perfect time to introduce a rival.

carver9
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Pikkon for damn sure.

carver9
Cooler doesnt fit in current continuity. It wouldn't work. Uub is a good choice. I think a super Namek is needed right now. An evil, extremely powerful Super Namek. Cant think of a good one from a movie or anything though.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by carver9
Cooler doesnt fit in current continuity. It wouldn't work. Uub is a good choice. I think a super Namek is needed right now. An evil, extremely powerful Super Namek. Cant think of a good one from a movie or anything though. ...

There is literally only one movie with a Super Namek bad guy in it. He's one of two for that matter introduced before Piccolo became one iirc.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
Shadow Dragons wouldn't be the same, imo, because you couldn't do Nouva Shenron being Goku and Grandpa Gohan's Ball. He's have to be his own, unrelated thing, instead of the emotional ties to the protagonist.

Bring on Cooler, finally. With him back in the drivers seat of an empire, it's the perfect time to introduce a rival. Only thing with Cooler is that it seems implausible that Freeza's wicked brother has been running around the universe for all these years without someone knowing about it. /shrug

juggerman
I think a super Namek is needed right now. An evil, extremely powerful Super Namek. Cant think of a good one from a movie or anything though.

I always wanted them to follow up on Piccolo being trapped in Hell in GT. I thought a good story would be he gets overwhelmed by all the baddies so he is forced to fuse with his original self, Demon King Piccolo. With his new power he starts dominating Hell but the evil starts to overtake him and he craves more power. He fuses with all the dead Super Nameks like Slug and then escapes Hell. Once back in the real world he begins his rein of terror. The interesting part of this is that all his friends would be hesitant to hurt him while he would be trying to kill them.

I thought it would make a great saga.

Genii96
Is Kai Canon to super btw? I heard some characters in Kai were carried over in super

Ridley_Prime
Only thing with Cooler is that it seems implausible that Freeza's wicked brother has been running around the universe for all these years without someone knowing about it. /shrug
They could just say/reveal that Cold didnt tell Frieza about having a brother because he didnt want the two to compete at that time or something. Having a rival like Cooler would give Frieza a new purpose in his conquest for U7.

And I mean detractors can say otherwise, but Cooler wouldnt be as much a staple as he is in games and other media like Broly if he wasnt popular. He would no doubt be the next in line if they were to canonize another villain imo. Getting his what-if Golden form in Heroes alone is more love than any of the other movie characters have gotten in recent times.

MrMind
I think all the past dragon ball movies should be canonized

cdtm
Cooler doesnt fit in current continuity. It wouldn't work. Uub is a good choice. I think a super Namek is needed right now. An evil, extremely powerful Super Namek. Cant think of a good one from a movie or anything though.

Did Broly?

Or King Cold, when he was introduced?

It's easy enough to make something up about dividing up the galaxies, and an agreement not to intrude on each others territory. But with Colds death, Cooler decided to renegotiate their agreement, on the basis it was under Freeza's protection that he was killed. Or, perhaps the agreement has a time limit, with a missed window to renew due to Freeza's time in hfil.

Or maybe they fight over Cold's portion.

Or something.

Galan007
Maybe if Cooler had been staying completely under the radar this whole time, like Broly, I could see him entering the fray randomly. But if he was out wreaking havoc across the galaxy/universe, it seems odd that Goku, Beerus, the Galactic Patrol, or even Freeza himself wouldn't have mentioned him at some point. /shrug

...Here I am pretending like it's out of character for Toriyama to preform gigantic asspulls, lmao.

Estacado
Cooler would be cool As Frieza needs allies against Vegeta and Goku As he mentioned in the movie.

Golden Cooler and Golden Frieza team up would be dope...

BrolyBlack
Its odd we have never seen Cooler and Freeza fight together at all.

cdtm
Freeza has no friends. Even his own father didn't care much when Trunks killed him.

It anything, Freeza and Cooler would be rivals.

What Galan said about Cooler raising hell and no one noticing: What it he didn't raise hell? Maybe he's more Sinestro or Darkseid, to Freeza's Trigon. E.g., Cooler has his galaxy completely under control, and even is beneficial to his subjects. Beerus gives him reign, because he's a tyrant that keeps stability.

Maybe Beerus specifically tries to keep Goku in the dark on Cooler, since he keeps all the petty tyrants in check.

Just spitballing how they could work him into canon.

Galan007
I actually like the premise. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Freeza has no friends. Even his own father didn't care much when Trunks killed him.

That's because he knew he was next on Futrunk's hit list...

He obviously cared to some extent, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered treating his wounds and rebuilding him as a cyborg, futher enhancing his powers.

One Big Mob
Cooler is the secret boss behind the Galactic Patrol. He's like the big Jew banker of Dragonball but also he can fight and he knows things and has been training for them.

The Moro arc ruins his operations and now he needs to make an appearance.

MrMind
metal cooler was so cool, he's not faggy like frieza, he's cooler

Genii96
IMO, Frieza should unlock his next form which looks like cooler's own final form prior to golden

Golden Frieza and golden cooler vs SSJB Goku and Vegeta would be epic

Galan007
If Freeza unlocks another form, then Goku and Vegeta are f*cked.

Quincy
Cooler probably.

Also I like Tapion *shrugs*

Estacado
Originally posted by Genii96

Golden Frieza and golden cooler vs SSJB Goku and Vegeta would be epic

thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by Quincy
Cooler probably.

Also I like Tapion *shrugs* I liked Tapion as well. Sort of like an elvish Trunks.

Felt like he was underutilized, though.

BruhMan
SS4. DBZ Broly actually kind of stuck a foot in the door of it being a possibility.

In light of the tremendous success Broly's canonization has been, it got me wondering what other 'non-canon' character(s) you'd like to see made canon in DBS continuity?

For me it would be either Janemba, the Shadow Dragons(though they'd likely have to derive from the Super Dragon Balls at this point), or Cooler.

Thoughts?

THIS too. Janemba is one of my favorites.

BruhMan
Originally posted by Estacado
Cooler would be cool As Frieza needs allies against Vegeta and Goku As he mentioned in the movie.

Golden Cooler and Golden Frieza team up would be dope...

I just have to wonder what the master plan is for Frieza. The mentioning of "allies" makes me wonder if there's gonna be a huge final war involving Frieza, Goku, Vegeta and Broly somewhere down the line.

cdtm
Originally posted by BruhMan
I just have to wonder what the master plan is for Frieza. The mentioning of "allies" makes me wonder if there's gonna be a huge final war involving Frieza, Goku, Vegeta and Broly somewhere down the line.

Freeza's definitely not done with Broly.

The obvious thing, is he kidnaps his former henchmen, and uses them as leverage to force Broly into submission.

Or, it's entirely possible he plays the contrite patriarch, offering to let him control his form. Since, as they said, Goku is considered an enemy, and Freeza used to be their boss. Common enemies make allies, if nothing else. (And then Freeza create's a loyal "bio-Broly. smile )

Either way, I think one thing is certain: Freeza will survive.

I mean, he's died twice already, and was brought back by popular demand. At this point, I'm pretty sure he's here to stay.

NotAllThatEvil
Launch

victreebelvictr

Damborgson
I absolutely protest Pikkon ever being canon.

Give his theme to Piccolo, the only white robed green martial artist the series needs.

Also I'd like to see the Bojack gang. But have them attack the Earth while Goku and Vegeta are gone.

So while the two are taking on Moro, the rest of the crew has to dig deep to beat the gang.

Galan007
Pikkon is what Piccolo strives to be when he grows up. uhuh

Damborgson
One more of those and the zippers coming down

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/uhuh.gif

Galan007
Eww, that's gross. thumb down

Reported. thumb up

Ridley_Prime
Hm... I wonder how much toy sales Golden Cooler made and such. If Cooler's remained a decently profitable character in other lines like that in general, wouldn't be reaching that much to say they might find him worth re-exploring for a movie or something at some point.

And it's not like Piccolo and Pikkon getting attention has to be mutually exclusive, similar as they are. If I had to choose though, would say focus on making Piccolo able to do more in the story again on occasion over bringing Pikkon pack, much as I liked Pikkon as a breath of fresh air in between the Cell and Buu arcs... Mostly comes down to Piccolo having some of the coolest techniques IMO, nice as some of Pikkon's were (thunder flash attaaack!). And even if Pikkon did come back, we wouldn't hear his rad Bruce Faulconer score again, outside of fan videos I guess.

StiltmanFTW
Launch.

Technically never stopped being canon, but Tori pretends she did.

Astner
Cell Dorado. The name alone make sit worth it.

BruhMan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Launch.

Technically never stopped being canon, but Tori pretends she did.

Its really annoying how he pretends to have forgotten about her...she was a whole supporting character in Dragonball laughing out loud

NemeBro
Originally posted by Astner
Cell Dorado. The name alone make sit worth it. That's actually not bad. thumb up

Damborgson
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/b2/06/12b206b0ec78f326ae59a7654106f19e.jpg

I dig it

StiltmanFTW
The only Cell Dorado that should be canonized is the one with g-spots, Damborg.

MPmJGYdDNTI

Galan007
Originally posted by Damborgson
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/b2/06/12b206b0ec78f326ae59a7654106f19e.jpg

I dig it Actually looks pretty badass.

StiltmanFTW
No, Mister Moderator.

He has no g-spots!

This is the Golden Cell we deserve:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2s7jbeh.png

http://i65.tinypic.com/11r57qx.png

http://i67.tinypic.com/288xriw.png

http://i66.tinypic.com/2mw9m9t.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/4pulxl.png

http://i67.tinypic.com/11jpzch.png

http://tinyurl.com/y9jl3csj

Galan007
laughing out loud

You can always tell when Stilt's been drinking.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

MrMind
SSJ Bardock

that movie was terrible but Bardock was always too cool to not go SSJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.