The Trench (Aquaman Spinoff)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/aquaman-spinoff-works-1184285

Inhuman
Typical WB. If they see that a movie they released made money, then they got to milk the shit out of it.

Senor Cage
Doesn't mean it will be bad. I can see a horror inspiration for this. Could be good.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Inhuman
Typical WB. If they see that a movie they released made money, then they got to milk the shit out of it.

this shoulda been a black manta spin off instead

jaden_2.0
Y tho?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Y tho?

Cause make der Munies?

playa1258
Considering Wan's horror background and possibly of these being cheap it could make lots of profit if good.

Which is sadly all studios give a shit about.

Flyattractor
Would be fun to see this Animated.

Mindset
Too bad money is really all that matters in Hollywood now.

Flyattractor
Welcome to Hollywood.

Darth Thor
Sounds desperate to make a quick buck, and sounds like they have no faith at all in the Justice Leaguers.

WB are just out to make a quick buck now. Which is what lead to Justice League flopping in the first place.

juggernaut74
There is nothing wrong with expanding the market.

Deadline
I have a feeling these people don't really know what they're doing. It could work, but I think these people are just assuming that since Aquaman was successful that any spin-off will automatically work.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
There is nothing wrong with expanding the market.

There is if youre an actual DC Fan.

Whats next? Gonna do a spin off of Lexcorp before we get another Superman film. Or Lord forbid a Flash or Green Lantern.

BrolyBlack
Another DC disaster in waiting.

Flyattractor
Yeah. DC can't get away with just rehashing plots like Marvel can.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Darth Thor
There is if youre an actual DC Fan.

Whats next? Gonna do a spin off of Lexcorp before we get another Superman film. Or Lord forbid a Flash or Green Lantern. That's a good idea actually. Flash movie isn't going to happen because of the success of the TV show and we all know how GL did even though I liked GL more than some Marvel movies like IM 3, Incredible Hulk, and Thor 2.

I think it's cool DC is dipping into the obsure stuff from the DCU.

Mindset
There is nothing wrong with expanding the market. This is an obvious cash grab.

They don't care about making a quality movie.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Mindset
This is an obvious cash grab.

They don't care about making a quality movie. Isn't that the purpose of making movie?

Did you see this movie already? How do you know it's going to suck?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindset
This is an obvious cash grab.

They don't care about making a quality movie.

I wish that could be argued against but then I am reminded that this is WB we are talking about here so...

playa1258
Making good movies is not exclusive to Marvel or Disney with Disney having several films that outright bombed last year.

WB/DC already announced SS2 and Batman for 2021. The Trench can be a horror film like the Conjuring franchise.

jaden_2.0
The trench creatures were the least interesting part about Aquaman. Not to mention that they looked shit.

Senor Cage
If they build on the Trench, like in the books, it could very well be interesting.

Mindset
Isn't that the purpose of making movie?

Did you see this movie already? How do you know it's going to suck? No, to only make money is not the purpose of a movie.

I don't see in my post where I stated what the quality of the movie was, but based on their track record, yes, it will suck.

Darth Thor
That's a good idea actually. Flash movie isn't going to happen because of the success of the TV show and we all know how GL did even though I liked GL more than some Marvel movies like IM 3, Incredible Hulk, and Thor 2.

I think it's cool DC is dipping into the obsure stuff from the DCU.

Not good for DC fans at all, that things like this are getting the go ahead over actual DC properties.

I mean jeez at least get the Justice Leaguers done first.

The Flash Tv show hardly gets 2million viewers so thats not a reason. The first Green Lantern film was way over budgeted, and was just a poorly made film.

Originally posted by playa1258

WB/DC already announced SS2 and Batman for 2021.

I mean no ones really asked for either of those tbh.

I get it, James Gunn had his pick of projects and he chose that.

As for the Batman, its not like weve never had a Batman film before. I mean sure, keep reinventing him every 10years, but not at the expense of other Justice Leaguers who still havent had a chance to shine on the big screen.

Senor Cage
We're also getting a Plastic Man and possibly Black Canary movie. I'm down for lesser knowns. That's what the public wants, apparently.

juggernaut74
10 years ago people bitched that all we get is Superman and Batman movies. Now people cry about not getting Superman or Batman.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor

I get it, James Gunn had his pick of projects and he chose that.

If he really had a pick he would be doing a Metal Men movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.