A Star is Born. Best Movie of the year.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
This movie deserves more nominations. And should un doubltavly win Best Movie, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, and best Actress.

Robtard
I enjoyed it, more than I thought I would. One big flaw, the last 3rd of the film wasn't as good as the first two.

But Green Book (2018) was superior in every category imo.

I suspect both films will win some awards.

BruceSkywalker
nah sorry TI, but A Star is Born will just win Best Song

steverules_2
He's not TI he's sparkles

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
I enjoyed it, more than I thought I would. One big flaw, the last 3rd of the film wasn't as good as the first two.

But Green Book (2018) was superior in every category imo.

I suspect both films will win some awards.

I tend to agree. I liked A Star Is Born, but perhaps the more depressing theme in the third act made it less great. Although, yes, it's certainly a story that needed to be told.

But yeah, I just saw Green Book and found it pretty superb. That and VICE are my favorites for Best Picture this year. The Favourite sucked and I haven't seen Roma yet, but I'm trying.

And I think First Man got snubbed from a Best Picture nomination. Liked it a lot.

BrolyBlack
Best movie of the year. Gaga second to none performance.

Patient_Leech
Gaga did prove to be a great actress, very true.

BrolyBlack
Unbelievable actress. I love her

Patient_Leech
I'm a little bit of a closet Gaga fan, actually. I like some of her music.

BrolyBlack
I like her country music and acting, not a big fan of her previous stuff but regardless she has an amazing voice and vocals that rival Whitney.

Bentley
Gaga is the best

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I tend to agree. I liked A Star Is Born, but perhaps the more depressing theme in the third act made it less great. Although, yes, it's certainly a story that needed to be told.

But yeah, I just saw Green Book and found it pretty superb. That and VICE are my favorites for Best Picture this year. The Favourite sucked and I haven't seen Roma yet, but I'm trying.

And I think First Man got snubbed from a Best Picture nomination. Liked it a lot.

Vice was excellent too. I enjoyed that more than A Star is Born as well. Bale was great as expected.

The Favorite I tried to watch but lost interest quickly, might give it another shot.

Not seen Roma either.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Not seen Roma either.

Watched it last night. I definitely admired it more than I liked it. It's very slow moving and takes probably the entire first act to hook you much. I think he definitely deserves Best Director, but the story reminded me of shitty feminist literature I was forced to study in high school. The male characters are scumbags and the women just have to be stronger to overcome. So yeah, given the current state of man-hating in the media it will probably win Best Picture.

I HOPE that wasn't the point of the story, but it was definitely there. But the way it's filmed is brilliant, so yeah he needs best director for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.