DC vs Marvel open challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
tier: can be star level, street level, solar system level, or herald tier

characters have to be from (DC) only

I'll be representing marvel

https://i.postimg.cc/w7yqPxkj/dcb.jpg

2v2, or 1v1 is fine. which ever you prefer

Supermutant
I'll take a dc street, so who's your marvel street?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Supermutant
I'll take a dc street, so who's your marvel street?

Are you doing 2v2 or 1v1?

Supermutant
1v1

AlbertoJohnAvil
alright cool. who's your pick?
ugh I hope not Bats lol, We all know street tier is stacked in Bat family favor.

He's a 70 year old character with a million feats way above street level. It's almost impossible to beat Batman at street

I'll admit I'll lose to Bats at street, but again that's me speculating on if you'll chose him. if so, we could do enhanced.

Supermutant
batman sucks that's why I choose Bane.

AlbertoJohnAvil
batman sucks that's why I choose Bane.

lol really?

Supermutant
yea I get to break the memory of Batman, while at the same time breaking your guy. So who's your guy?

AlbertoJohnAvil
How is 1 ton+ a street level. That's enhanced lol

AlbertoJohnAvil
I was deciding between Lara and Daken to be honest

Supermutant
lol you complain about Bane being higher than street, then mention wolverine meta kiddies.

With Bane he could always be limited to w/out venom. But pick your real street then I'll pick since I went first last time.

StiltmanFTW
Even without Venom, Bane is not exactly your normal street level.

Depends on the definition of "street", of course. But my point is, he operates at superhuman levels even without Venom - new continuity put a strong emphasis on this.

Flyattractor
IMO...If you have a HF...You aint Street.

Smurph
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
I was deciding between Lara and Daken to be honest You have a different definition of street level than we usually use if you'd put either of those in street.

AlbertoJohnAvil
lol you complain about Bane being higher than street, then mention wolverine meta kiddies.

With Bane he could always be limited to w/out venom. But pick your real street then I'll pick since I went first last time.

I'll go with Daken, you?

Supermutant
Stilt knows that I know even w/o a recent dose of venom, Bane is a metahuman. I was simply going by the tiers thread here where he is still listed as a high street.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=447826&pagenumber=1

So I was taking advantage of some here refusal to get with the times. evil face Bane is certainly more street than Wolverine's bastard and clone.

Supermutant
Ok I'll have my low meta choice in a minute. Deathstroke is my choice.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Ok I'll have my low meta choice in a minute. Deathstroke is my choice.

ahhh so your tier rules is different than my definition rules, my fault. didn't read up on that, Slade is more than street so are we doing enhanced? if so you can get slade and I get Domino?

Supermutant
darken is enhanced too same tier as Deathstroke, wolverine, x-23, so we are on the same level. Domino is actually a really good pick and not one that has been used here many times. Too good in fact, her luck powers would be too much of a pain to deal with. She would need some limitations.

AlbertoJohnAvil
darken is enhanced too same tier as Deathstroke, wolverine, x-23, so we are on the same level. Domino is actually a really good pick and not one that has been used here many times. Too good in fact, her luck powers would be too much of a pain to deal with. She would need some limitations.

Hmmm, so Bane vs Daken then? or If you get slade, I don't mind using Logan to make it fair. high enhanced battle

Supermutant
Logan vs Slade in a swamp. The winner will be the best there is at what they do.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Logan vs Slade in a swamp. The winner will be the best there is at what they do.

I'll do Domino in a swamp vs Slade lol

I already know about the drowning tactic stick out tongue

AlbertoJohnAvil
if neither is fine, I'll get Longshot, or Kitty Pride. Pre-cosmic upgrade . you can pick whatever marvel or Dc enhanced

Supermutant
lol that tactic never crossed my mind. What environment would you prefer? Kitty vs Hawkman is fine with me.

AlbertoJohnAvil
If you get Hawkman then Kitty has no restrictions

Supermutant
what do you mean no restrictions? and do you see any marvel characters in the street tier that interest you? since the original challenge I took you up on was street, I wouldn't mind going back to that. We seems to be somewhat going around in circles here with picks and counter picks lol. Not that it isn't fun, but it's not going anywhere.

AlbertoJohnAvil
No restrictions means full use of their powers

Supermutant
as long as kitty isn't some cosmic being, its all good

AlbertoJohnAvil
as long as kitty isn't some cosmic being, its all good

If you get to use Hawkman at full power then I can use Kitty at full power too. Hawkman is way above enhanced to be honest

Supermutant
lol I'm using hawkman at his normal level of power, nothing beyond meta. I don't even know what full hawkman power is. I am guessing you are concern about some hawkgod or something crazy like that. but no, nothing above meta limits for us.

AlbertoJohnAvil
lol I'm using hawkman at his normal level of power, nothing beyond meta. I don't even know what full hawkman power is. I am guessing you are concern about some hawkgod or something crazy like that. but no, nothing above meta limits for us.

Isn't Normal Hawkman well above regular enhanced

Supermutant
lmao look I saw an opportunity here to use Bane in a low effort bz with scans I already have. If you still want a match pick someone from the street tier or even some low meta that's around that level. And we can battle. If not I'm out no hard feelings.

AlbertoJohnAvil
my apologies. I'll go with Daken then. if you know someone who's equal level or around, we can start tomorrow

Supermutant
azrael ok with this bat lite vs wolvie lite no apology needed

cdtm
If one wanted to do Lobo?

AlbertoJohnAvil
azrael ok with this bat lite vs wolvie lite no apology needed

huh?

Supermutant
I picked Azrael. Are you ok with this? Azrael vs Daken

cdtm
I say go for it. Before he picks someone less bad. evil face

AlbertoJohnAvil
I picked Azrael. Are you ok with this? Azrael vs Daken

Yeah, i'm down. let's do this!

Supermutant
alright what are your stips?

AlbertoJohnAvil
no extra stips. Canon version of both characters. Standard gear/base versions. No extra dumb stuff . (like releasing a hoard of xenos and zombies during the fight &#128529wink Just a regular opening, three round, closing debate

All regular. Nothing special.

Supermutant
ok battlefield is a standard NY city street block like below. when will you be ready?

https://i.imgur.com/IGwrUyrl.jpg

AlbertoJohnAvil
anytime. you don't mind going first do you, and or whos hosting..

Supermutant
We can send OPs to each other and post it. Whatever time good for you is good for me. To me this is just a fun BZ where I can post some stuff for Azrael, but not any real strict deadlines.

AlbertoJohnAvil
okay.

and whos posting the battle and or hosting it?

Supermutant
You tell me, its your challenge. lol

victreebelvictr
I have been watching you guys talk for a while now, and I want to see that debate happen. :3

Mind if I could be a judge?

Supermutant
Fine with me, are you down with hosting too?

victreebelvictr
Uh, I guess so yeah. :3
Fine with me, are you down with hosting too?

MrMind
if you need an extra judge I can be one, since I love both characters you guys picked

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Uh, I guess so yeah. :3

sure

victreebelvictr
sure WOOP. big grin

Supermutant
Originally posted by MrMind
if you need an extra judge I can be one, since I love both characters you guys picked

awesome, now we just need one more judge as long as alberto agrees

AlbertoJohnAvil
sure

Supermutant
So what day should we send our OP's to victreebelvictr? I can make the thread, that way all our host has to do is post the OPs when we send them. Just to iron out the rules---standard bz rules, normal canon versions of characters and gear, general knowledge of opponents, battlefield as pictured above, and three post limit. Sounds good to you Alberto?

AlbertoJohnAvil
absolutely bro

victreebelvictr
Please forgive if I make a mistake, this is new to me.

But I would love to learn if you guys could be patient with me. :3

Supermutant
sure man thanks for volunteering

victreebelvictr
sure man thanks for volunteering No, thank you for giving me the chance. :3

Alright, about what time will you guys be sending me your arguements?

Supermutant
yeah whatever time is good for Alberto. maybe monday or tuesday, I think he missed my post.

So what day should we send our OP's to victreebelvictr?

victreebelvictr

AlbertoJohnAvil
yeah whatever time is good for Alberto. maybe monday or tuesday, I think he missed my post.

hmmm how about tomorrow we post our OP's?

Supermutant
I think we should get our OP's to victree by Midnight, Tuesday. Of course we can send them to him if we are done earlier. As I will probably be finish with mine on tomorrow but you never know about real life. After victree gets them both and when its convenient for him, he can post them in the BZ thread that I will make on tomorrow sometime.

victreebelvictr
Perfect. :3

Supermutant
My OP has been sent. Also, Alberto do you want a third judge in case there is a tie?

AlbertoJohnAvil
sure

Supermutant
Are you ok with Bentley being a judge?

AlbertoJohnAvil
sure

victreebelvictr

Supermutant
Alberto, where you at?

leonidas
laughing out loud i'm sensing a pattern developing....

Supermutant
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud i'm sensing a pattern developing....

laughing the crazy thing is that he was the one who issued the challenge, and wanted the OPs to be finished on this past Monday. Guess my rep scared him away.

leonidas
you are scary. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Unlike me sad

Supermutant
lol Thanks to victree for agreeing to host and judge. Also thanks to Mr. Mind and Bently for being judges also. Too bad Alberto basically did this:

o9nYe8vseYE

DarkSaint85
Maybe they do things differently in Comicvine. we're probably too intenseand knowledgeable.

MrMind
I used to be on comic vine from 2008-2011, they were alright back then, not as knowlegable and good at debating compare to here, they don't have cool respect threads, but the atmosphere was nice. and the server makes posting scans much easier there.

then the marvel fanboys took over, so all the level headed people left for CBR. and so many retarded movie versus threads being made. they don't allow you to make the threads that's been done before. So all the cool topics were like from like 10 years ago.

Supermutant
Alberto sent his post, so this is back on.

Supermutant
Evidently, Alberto has yet to send in his post to victree. Even though he claimed he did, so Alberto you have some explaining to do here.

victreebelvictr
Alberto, this is my first host, you better not mess this up for me. :3

DarkSaint85
Lol.

Such mysterious goings on!!

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol.

Such mysterious goings on!! I love the way you spelled that. :3

MrMind
I love the way you spelled that. :3
are you postin their op soon?

victreebelvictr

DarkSaint85
Can't post mutant's...

victreebelvictr

Supermutant
Alberto has yet to turn in his OP, and its safe to believe that he has no intention of participating in this BZ. He claimed he turned it in on Sunday, but Victree hasn't received anything from him. And Alberto has stopped responding to my PMs, and has even stop responding to this thread (which he created).

lol Dude is ducking me hard. Even with all that, I will still give him until midnight on tomorrow (Tuesday) to turn his OP in. That will be 1 week after the deadline which I think everyone would agree is more than enough time. No reason has been given for his delay and he has been posting in the VS forum just fine.

Any other Daken fans out there that would like to rep him here are welcome to take his place in this BZ.

Supermutant
So that's it. Alberto was a no-show to both his own challenge and the latter part of his own thread.

leonidas
can't say i didn't warn you....

DarkSaint85
Well, I hope he takes this lesson with him back to Comicvine.

Supermutant
Lol well I think the most important thing is that I have another BZ victory.

victreebelvictr
Lol well I think the most important thing is that I have another BZ victory. By default, but yeah sure. X3

Supermutant
It is disappointing that Alberto would lie about completing his OP, and then just run away. I think most posters would consider Daken the favorite in this matchup. As I was looking forward to repping Azrael.

victreebelvictr
It is disappointing that Alberto would lie about completing his OP, and then just run away. I think most posters would consider Daken the favorite in this matchup. As I was looking forward to repping Azrael. Honstly, your arguement was very well placed. X3

I like the fact that you used everything against him, even the fire hydrant! X3

Supermutant
Honstly, your arguement was very well placed. X3

I like the fact that you used everything against him, even the fire hydrant! X3

cool thumb up

victreebelvictr
HIP.Originally posted by Supermutant
cool thumb up

MrMind
man this could be such a cool battle, too bad it's over, I would've love to take the place and rep daken

victreebelvictr
man this could be such a cool battle, too bad it's over, I would've love to take the place and rep daken Too bad Daken sucks. stick out tongue

Supermutant
man this could be such a cool battle, too bad it's over, I would've love to take the place and rep daken

You can still take Alberto place and rep Daken against my Azrael.

MrMind
You can still take Alberto place and rep Daken against my Azrael.

alright I'm down, I'm gonna write up my OP tonight, are you using Jean-Paul's composite feats from both post-crisis and nu52?

lol I'm so bad debating with street levelers but this should be fun

Supermutant
Yeah but of course no Justice League Odyssey stuff. And we will need another judge lol.

MrMind
Let's get Stilt, Darksaint or Phil

Supermutant
ok if Darksaint agrees he can judge

DarkSaint85
Sure;!!

MrMind
just pm OP to victre, is it 2 or 3 posts after the OP for each of us?

Also after OP posted, who's going to post first?

Supermutant
2 posts after the OP for a total of 3 posts. You or me can go first after that. We could also send our last post to Victree if you want. I'm good either way.

How much time do you need to finish this BZ? I was thinking a week from today (March 7) should be enough for me.

And thanks for stepping up so quickly.

edit previous rules --Originally posted by Supermutant
Just to iron out the rules---standard bz rules, normal canon versions of characters and gear, general knowledge of opponents, battlefield as pictured above, and three post limit. Sounds good to you Alberto?

MrMind
I think we should post our own posts after OP

do you mind posting first after victre post the OP?

yeah a week is fine

Supermutant
I don't mind going first, but I think whoever goes first should also get to post last.

Supermutant
By the way big thanks to Galan who cleaned up the BZ thread and added Mr. Mind name, so we should be good to go.

MrMind
I'm not familiar with battlezone, so yeah whatever you decide is fine with me.

Supermutant
cool it shouldn't take me too long to get my second post in. also Alberto I see you watching this thread lol

DarkSaint85
As a judge, just bear in mind that I will take a dim view of last posts that have brand new arguments (am saying this for Mr Mind as he's new).

By that I mean, I'm hoping that the very last post doesn't suddenly have an argument saying 'Oh, and BTW here is Daken with Wakandan tech, able to hack Shi Ar technology blah blah (or whatever)'.

And then poor Supermutant can't argue against it because he's already finished. You get my point.

Supermutant
yeah I won't bring up anything new (not mention in other posts) in my last post.

MrMind
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
As a judge, just bear in mind that I will take a dim view of last posts that have brand new arguments (am saying this for Mr Mind as he's new).

By that I mean, I'm hoping that the very last post doesn't suddenly have an argument saying 'Oh, and BTW here is Daken with Wakandan tech, able to hack Shi Ar technology blah blah (or whatever)'.

And then poor Supermutant can't argue against it because he's already finished. You get my point.

Got you, Supermutant is posting the very last post in this battlezone

but I will keep that in mind in my next battlezone thumb up

victreebelvictr
GONE.

victreebelvictr
GONE. LIKE MAGIC.

Supermutant
victree you can still edit it or I'll see if galan will move it. No problem

MrMind
victre when you post long links for image you gotta click and open it first then copy it from the bar, then paste it. you can't just copy it from the pm straight up

just the emma scan need to change on my OP, will you fix it for me bud? thanks
https://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/The_Gambit/Daken/ChipsEmmasDiamondForm.jpg

victreebelvictr

victreebelvictr

MrMind
no worries man, it's just one pic maybe the mod can help

victreebelvictr
no worries man, it's just one pic maybe the mod can help Yeah, could you ask him?

I am new at this...

Supermutant
I can ask Galan to fix the link, if needed. Should be an easy fix.

victreebelvictr
This will probably be my last time hosting. X3

MrMind
just sent galan the pm, easy work, victre no worries man

victreebelvictr
just sent galan the pm, easy work, victre no worries man I AM BEING BABIED.

Supermutant
your doing great a couple of small issues that are easily corrected, is no biggie. links messing up or forum posting issues happens all the time in bzs.

victreebelvictr

MrMind
it's cool lets all sit down and smoke a bit
https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarxtpNtTtdp21yw/giphy.gif

victreebelvictr
it's cool lets all sit down and smoke a bit
https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarxtpNtTtdp21yw/giphy.gif You see?

THE ONLY THING I CAN SEE IS A WHITE LITTLE SQUARE, THERE IS NO PICTURE.

MrMind
You see?

THE ONLY THING I CAN SEE IS A WHITE LITTLE SQUARE, THERE IS NO PICTURE.

that happens to me too when I dont use vpn, am currently in shanghai, China legit trollin their people hardcore by blockin the internet

victreebelvictr

Supermutant
My last bz, my opponent had their final one posted twice b/c links did not show up right the first time. Also I had formatting issues before, so no big deal here.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Dude i never ran. i had to do stuff irl

victreebelvictr

DarkSaint85

Supermutant

Which does not explain the lying about turning in you OP. Or refusing to answer my PMs when I can see you on this site and responding to threads in the VS forums.

Its very convenient that once this battle start, you decide to show your face again in this thread.

I never had a problem with postponing this b/c of real life issues but you never stated such. So don't try to pull that nonsense now, I will show the pms.

victreebelvictr
Which does not explain the lying about turning in you OP. Or refusing to answer my PMs when I can see you on this site and responding to threads in the VS forums.

Its very convenient that once this battle start, you decide to show your face again in this thread.

I never had a problem with postponing this b/c of real life issues but you never stated such. So don't try to pull that nonsense now, I will show the pms. I want to see them. :3

Supermutant
Then you Alberto went silent until today. So why lie? So why not response b/c you have been on this site? Why would you even come in this thread now like anyone would buy your foolishness?

victreebelvictr

Galan007
I can ask Galan to fix the link, if needed. Should be an easy fix. Originally posted by MrMind
just sent galan the pm, easy work, victre no worries man The link should be working now.

Let me know if you guys need anything else.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Galan007
The link should be working now.

Let me know if you guys need anything else. Thanks, I suck at this. XD

MrMind
Originally posted by Galan007
The link should be working now.

Let me know if you guys need anything else.

Galan always come through thumb up

victreebelvictr
If you guys see any more of my mistakes, please ask Galan to fix them, my device can be annoying and can only do this to an extent. erm

DarkSaint85

Lol.

Damborgson
Nah bro you ran once or twice at least by now lol.

Supermutant
Alright judges this BZ is over, and you can send your verdicts to Damborgson. He will post them in the BZ thread once he has received them all. Thanks again to the judges, Damborgson, and Mr. Mind for a very timely and fun match.

Supermutant
Originally posted by Damborgson
Nah bro you ran once or twice at least by now lol.

starts @ 0:26

Rt4qtQGVh1Y

MrMind

G9dSGaDad_4

Galan007
Suffice to say: I would urge against accepting any 'challenges' from AlbertoJohnAvil from now on. You'll just end up wasting your time, it seems.

With that being said, props to MrMind for stepping up in the BZ with Supermutant. thumb up

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>