Marvel's Zeus vs All Star Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
AS Supes invades olympus and Zeus decides to deal with him in the same two fisted fashion that he once dealt with Hulk, pure slugfest, you know all star's power level and for this fight he has magic immunity, who wins?

carver9
Zeus kills him, with ease.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Zeus kills him, with ease.

Did you read the original post, at least?

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Did you read the original post, at least?

Yep. He stomps.

xJLxKing
Superman defeats him

Without a Magic weakness, Superman will absolutely win the majority

carver9
Lol

xJLxKing
Lmao @ the lol

carver9
Why do you think he could beat Zeus?

Senor Cage
Superman.

h1a8
Why do you think he could beat Zeus?

Because Zeus can't casually lift 200 quintillion tons with one arm. Zeus had to grow to a giant just to lift a mountain (billions of tons) and he was shown straining.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Because Zeus can't casually lift 200 quintillion tons with one arm. Zeus had to grow to a giant just to lift a mountain (billions of tons) and he was shown straining.

So anyone who have fts of lifting of this caliber or greater can beat Zeus?

StiltmanFTW
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43593/884954-allstarsuperman.jpg

h1a8
So anyone who have fts of lifting of this caliber or greater can beat Zeus?

No. It has to be their average.
Or They have to consistently operate at that level.
All star Superman was consistent at that level.

Unless you believe that As Superman won't come in to a forum fight at that level.

xJLxKing
Not to mention the speed

Stoic
AS Superman beats the clown shit out of him. No magic that he pulls will affect Superman, which means that he would do to Zeus what Hulk was about to do before Zeus went back on his word to not use magic. Without potent spells, or other powers to draw upon, most Sky Father level beings belonging to pantheons would be annihilated by characters with top tier strength. Look at Odin for example.

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Not to mention the speed

Show me All Stat Superman combat speed showings.

carver9
No. It has to be their average.
Or They have to consistently operate at that level.
All star Superman was consistent at that level.

Unless you believe that As Superman won't come in to a forum fight at that level.

This doesnt make one bit of sense.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
AS Superman beats the clown shit out of him. No magic that he pulls will affect Superman, which means that he would do to Zeus what Hulk was about to do before Zeus went back on his word to not use magic. Without potent spells, or other powers to draw upon, most Sky Father level beings belonging to pantheons would be annihilated by characters with top tier strength. Look at Odin for example.

No one said he cant physically amp himself. No Herald is beating a Skyfather, even if its fist cuff. This includes trans tiers as well.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Stoic

thumb up Superman might be able to do it without the amp.

Rage.Of.Olympus

victreebelvictr
He did state that he was going to battle with only before the battle began. erm

carver9
Huh

victreebelvictr
Huh https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mr-majestic-vs-zeus-marvel-643310/

Though, he does say by hand, so maybe he means without weapons?

He did throw a couple shots of lightning if I remember correctly...

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
He did state that he was going to battle with only before the battle began. erm Soory, I meant by hand and not weapon. :3

cdtm
Superman wins, with ease.

StiltmanFTW
Zeus sucked... he was all bulked up, amped his strikes... not to mention how he zapped the Hulk before the fight.

Doesn't help how it was Zeus' most impressive showing to date... laughing out loud

DarkSaint85

lawest9
Bump

cdtm
Zeus sucked... he was all bulked up, amped his strikes... not to mention how he zapped the Hulk before the fight.

Doesn't help how it was Zeus' most impressive showing to date... laughing out loud

Also the biggest dick he's ever been.

Sort of the inverse of what happened to Odin.

BrolyBlack
Oh my, another thread carver eventually concedes and loses.

h1a8
This doesnt make one bit of sense.

Each character comes into a forum fight with a certain level of strength, durability, etc. How is that determined amongst characters from different companies?
Do you use the highest strength showings as their level, typical showings, or some kind of weighted average?

Zeus has never operated above mountain lifting level. He has operated at far lower than that multiple times. So would you use his highest here? Or somewhere in between?

AS was established to be operating in the quintillion ton range. No other showings, AFAIK, contradicts it. I could be wrong though.

But no matter what measuring stick you use, you have to conclude that As is far stronger than Zeus.

lawest9
Question is, can Zeus amp his strength to as supes level?

Facee

StiltmanFTW
And you still can't spell his name, Facee stick out tongue

h1a8

DarkSaint85
Can we please use his correct title please?

It's 'ASS', NOT 'AS Superman'.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

It's 'ASS', NOT 'AS Superman'. laughing

Philosophía

It's 'ASS', NOT 'AS Superman'. https://i.imgur.com/iGxFdrq.jpg

BrolyBlack
Superman kills him, with ease.

Agreed

carver9
No

DarkSaint85
Zeus didn't use magic and just physically beat the HF out of him?

Carver, get him!!!

BrolyBlack
No

Why not? Zeus besting/beating the ever living shit out of Hulk means nothing to a Superman that can lift 200 quadrillion tons.

carver9
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Why not? Zeus besting the ever living shit out of Hulk means nothing to a Superman that can lift 200 quadrillion tons.

And Hulk can physically over power Abstracts and lift up the weight of a sun at his weakest. I'm trying to understand what you are trying to get at here with 200 quadrillion tons. Pak Hulk while drained of power had enough power to destroy a planet twice the size of earth. 200 quadrillion tons ain't crap to Heralds.

BrolyBlack

carver9
Why does Supes have enough power to put Zeus down?

MrMind
Carver brings up Hulk destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth in every thread he's in just in case we don't know this feat

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
Carver brings up Hulk destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth in every thread he's in just in case we don't know this feat

Not the ft I'm talking about. I'm talking about Planet Sakaar.

MrMind
Not the ft I'm talking about. I'm talking about Planet Sakaar.

that was WWH, and Planet Sakaar is twice the earth size? scan me my man

BrolyBlack

carver9
that was WWH, and Planet Sakaar is twice the earth size? scan me my man

http://i.imgur.com/EVKa7jB.jpg

Also, it was a weakened Hulk. Correction... it's the same size as Earth.

carver9
@Brolyblack

Because he cant. You're basing this off of one lifting ft. That isn't enough.

BrolyBlack

carver9
Lol... but Zeus is a power house as well.

Jiren would destroy Broly. Broly did nothing to put himself on Jiren level.

BrolyBlack
Besides casually own all the Z warriors and a battle hardened Freeza and punch SSB Gogeta into another realitylaughing out loud

Galan007
200 quadrillion tons ain't crap to Heralds. *Quintillion.

Add a few more zeros. smile

MrMind
And Hulk can physically over power Abstracts and lift up the weight of a sun at his weakest. I'm trying to understand what you are trying to get at here with 200 quadrillion tons. Pak Hulk while drained of power had enough power to destroy a planet twice the size of earth. 200 quadrillion tons ain't crap to Heralds.

the way carver subtle lowballin superman and subtle wankin hulk, throw in false info here and there. hoping no one catches him, is sorta hilarious
carv "WWH has the power to broke planet sakaar which is twice the size of earth"
me"where did it say twice the size?"
carv "correction it's the same size"

"physically over power abstract"
who? be specific man

"lift up the weight of the sun"
you talking bout the fight with proxima midnight? he was on his knees, that's not lifting it up bro, also it says weight of the star, most stars are smaller than suns, suns are the top 10 percent mass.

"200 quadrillion" it's 200 Quintillion my man, that's 3 more zeros buddy, huuuge difference, I don't know if you purposely write the wrong figure but kudos if not for Galan pointing it out I would've overlooked it.

I gotta say not bad carv

panthergod
Superman overpowers Atlas and Samson simultaneously.

Zeus gets one shorted.

carver9
the way carver subtle lowballin superman and subtle wankin hulk, throw in false info here and there. hoping no one catches him, is sorta hilarious
carv "WWH has the power to broke planet sakaar which is twice the size of earth"
me"where did it say twice the size?"
carv "correction it's the same size"

"physically over power abstract"
who? be specific man

"lift up the weight of the sun"
you talking bout the fight with proxima midnight? he was on his knees, that's not lifting it up bro, also it says weight of the star, most stars are smaller than suns, suns are the top 10 percent mass.

"200 quadrillion" it's 200 Quintillion my man, that's 3 more zeros buddy, huuuge difference, I don't know if you purposely write the wrong figure but kudos if not for Galan pointing it out I would've overlooked it.

I gotta say not bad carv

The In-Betweener. Same comic, In-Between controlled an IG user and the Phoenix Force.

It was an all consuming sun that was going nova but it was contained. Doesnt sound like a tiny star to me and he was standing up by the end of it. He was not on his knees.

One Big Mob
I do everything in my power to stick up for you Carver - I'm skyping and PM'ing posters to stow their wrath daily - but sometimes even I can't help you if you don't want the help. erm

carver9
Lol

StiltmanFTW
It's true. Bran even showed me his dick (1214 times) on skype cam.

He's doing everything in his power to stop us from ending you, carv. I literally got titanium razors implanted in my hands, they said they were guaranteed to cut through chocolate meat as if it was peanut butter.

carver9
It's true. Bran even showed me his dick (1214 times) on skype cam.

He's doing everything in his power to stop us from ending you, carv. I literally got titanium razors implanted in my hands, they said they were guaranteed to cut through chocolate meat as if it was peanut butter.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

MrMind
It was an all consuming sun that was going nova but it was contained. Doesnt sound like a tiny star to me and he was standing up by the end of it. He was not on his knees.

he was not standing up lol
http://i.imgur.com/Y0qPtcS.jpg

nobody stand like this, he was obviously still on his knees when midnight pulls the spear out

carver9
he was not standing up lol

nobody stand like this, he was obviously still on his knees when midnight pulls the spear out

Is he on his hand and knees?

MrMind
Is he on his hand and knees?

on his hand? no
on his knees? yes

carver9
on his hand? no
on his knees? yes

But hes up, right? Do you remember his position before?

MrMind
But hes up, right? Do you remember his position before?

his upper body is straight up because midnight pulled the spear out. but he was not standing up unless hulk stand and walk with his knees on the ground lol

carver9
his upper body is straight up because midnight pulled the spear out. but he was not standing up lol unless hulk walk with his knees on the ground lol

Wait a minute. So how did he get straight up? Did she lift him up and then pulled out the blade or was he already up? If she lifted him up and pulled out the blade, you need to prove it. Do you remember what position he was in before your scan?

MrMind
Wait a minute. So how did he get straight up? Did she lift him up and then pulled out the blade or was he already up? If she lifted him up and pulled out the blade, you need to prove it. Do you remember what position he was in before your scan?

comics don't draw every little detail every moves in a battle, sometimes you gotta use common sense. we see hulk was not on his hands anymore when midnight pull the spears out, before that last scene he was on his hand and knees. you should be able to connect 1 dot to another
how do you think his "upper body" get straight up? if you think hulk lift his upper body by himself, you need to prove it.

also you are moving the goalpost, you were originally saying hulk was standing up, he was not standing up, he was on his knees

carver9
comics don't draw every little detail every moves in a battle, sometimes you gotta use common sense. we see hulk was not on his hands anymore when midnight pull the spears out, before that last scene he was on his hand and knees. you should be able to connect 1 dot to another
how do you think his "upper body" get straight up? if you think hulk lift his upper body by himself, you need to prove it.

also you are moving the goalpost, you were originally saying hulk was standing up, he was not standing up, he was on his knees

Why would I need to prove Hulk got up on his own when we see that he is up? Lol!!! I'm going by what I see, not some made up story on what happened. Imo... he is on his ft but that can be debated against since that part isn't drawn out. The only thing I care about is him being up with the weight of a sun on his back.

h1a8

The Hulk that fought Zeus was operating at below a million tons.
Look at the specifics of the fight.

It didn't take more than a million tons to phuck Hulk up.
Thing with 100 ton strength busted the shit out of a stronger Hulk's face.

MrMind
Why would I need to prove Hulk got up on his own when we see that he is up? Lol!!! I'm going by what I see, not some made up story on what happened. Imo... he is on his ft but that can be debated against since that part isn't drawn out. The only thing I care about is him being up with the weight of a sun on his back.

despite him being on his knees here you say he is on his feet,

you are going by what you see eh? that's him "being up" by your definition?

carver9
The Hulk that fought Zeus was operating at below a million tons.
Look at the specifics of the fight.

It didn't take more than a million tons to phuck Hulk up.
Thing with 100 ton strength busted the shit out of a stronger Hulk's face.

Hulk before fighting Zeus survived the sun being thrown on him. Tanked 133 Hercules of power pounding on his insides. 1 Hercules under the same writer held New York in place. Mulitple that time 133.

carver9
despite him being on his knees here you say he is on his feet,

you are going by what you see eh? that's him "being up" by your definition?

You can clearly see his knees above the dirt. Also, I want to see what position you'll be in with the weight of a house on your back. Hell, a ton on you back. You would not be "up" like Hulk was.

MrMind
pffft I blame the artist for not drawing hulk's position in 360 different angles for carver to examine

obviously hulk was standing straight, there's a giant hole under hulk that we can't see and obviously hulk was standing on his feet in this hole, obviously...

carver9
pffft I blame the artist for not drawing hulk's position in 360 different angles for carver to examine

obviously hulk was standing straight, there's a giant hole under hulk that we can't see and obviously hulk was standing on his feet in this hole, obviously...

Know you're being sarcastic but I would not say straight up... kind of in a crouch position. You're the one that is saying Proxima lifted him up. Nothing even indicates that happened.

MrMind

man I hate to be a page stretch whore but have to blow up the scan so you can see

does hulk looks like he's in a deep squat position to you?

do you not have an idea where the ground could be at

https://dwn368xgtz4t5.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/20180520194346/SqtFrt3-e1474709895923.jpg

DeadpoolXXX
superman wins

carver9
@Mr. Mind...

So the Hulk scan, is his knees touching the ground, yes or no?

MrMind
yes

h1a8
Hulk before fighting Zeus survived the sun being thrown on him. Tanked 133 Hercules of power pounding on his insides. 1 Hercules under the same writer held New York in place. Mulitple that time 133.

Yet Zeus hit him with less than a million tons of force, yet Thing hit Hulk with less than 200 tons of force and busted Hulk's face.

You know that characters don't operate at the same level in every showing. A character operating at 1000 tons in one scene can be operating at 100 tons max in another. That's how comics work.

A writer can have someone that can lift a billion tons max crush Hulk like Zeus did.

carver9
The circles in this scan is his knees. The arrows is the start of the dirt (ground). The arrow between the crouch area is the spreading of those sexy Hulk legs. If he is on his knees, how in the WORLD can we see his knees. Why is there open space between his legs as if he is standing up? Why is his knees above the ground? Wtf... man.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/40289026/Screenshot_20190217-020140_Chrome.jpg.html

h1a8

carver9
Yet Zeus hit him with less than a million tons of force, yet Thing hit Hulk with less than 200 tons of force and busted Hulk's face.

You know that characters don't operate at the same level in every showing. A character operating at 1000 tons in one scene can be operating at 100 tons max in another. That's how comics work.

A writer can have someone that can lift a billion tons max crush Hulk like Zeus did.

How many tons was Doomsday operating at when him and Superman fought? What about Darkseid? When Doomsday beat him, how many tons was Darkseid operating at. How about this, when you answer it, if its over 100 tons, please prove it.

carver9
@H1...

Gotcha. Remember, you tend to bring up Doomsday piercing Superman with his claws that shot through him like butter (per your words) but pages before this, Superman was koed by a gas station. Does this mean Doomsday attack won't do anything to an elite at their best?

MrMind
You're the one that is saying Proxima lifted him up. Nothing even indicates that happened.

midnight pulled out the spear that has the weight of the star, hulk does not have weight of the star no more on his back, midnight turns hulk back to human. this literally one scan and we been arguin for 2 pages

https://i.imgur.com/uXuESx0.jpg

The circles in this scan is his knees. The arrows is the start of the dirt (ground). The arrow between the crouch area is the spreading of those sexy Hulk legs. If he is on his knees, how in the WORLD can we see his knees. Why is there open space between his legs as if he is standing up? Why is his knees above the ground? Wtf... man.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/40289026/Screenshot_20190217-020140_Chrome.jpg.html

you only see part of his knees, the other part was covered by muddy dirt wind blowing.
there aren't open space between his legs and ground because we don't know where exactly the ground is in the location below hulk. the artist was retarded didn't draw it out very well, which in turn give you an excuse to argue something so ridiculous.

h1a8
@H1...

Gotcha. Remember, you tend to bring up Doomsday piercing Superman with his claws that shot through him like butter (per your words) but pages before this, Superman was koed by a gas station. Does this mean Doomsday attack won't do anything to an elite at their best?

I'm not going to take Superman's highest durability feats and equate someone's strength to because they damaged Superman. That's what you are doing here.

If you want to equate someone's strength based off who they damaged then you must go on the average durability of the character (not highest or lowest).
Hulk, on average, can be damaged by forces far less than a million tons. Therefore Zeus applied less than a million tons when he busted Hulk.

carver9
midnight pulled out the spear that has the weight of the star, hulk does not have weight of the star no more on his back, midnight turns hulk back to human. this literally one scan and we been arguin for 2 pages

https://i.imgur.com/uXuESx0.jpg

you only see part of his knees, the other part was covered by muddy dirt wind blowing.
there aren't open space between his legs and ground because we don't know where exactly the ground is in the location below hulk. the artist was retarded didn't draw it out very well, which in turn give you an excuse to argue something so ridiculous.

So you're saying she grabbed the spear while he was in this position....

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111164621/5656312-star+2.jpg

And he bounced up as soon as she snatched the spear out of him? Nothing even come close to this being the case. Also, hulk knees isn't match up with the ground, its match up with the dirt bouncing off the ground from the shockwaves from her attack. We see Hulk knees above the dirt bouncing off the geound.

carver9
I'm not going to take Superman's highest durability feats and equate someone's strength to because they damaged Superman. That's what you are doing here.

If you want to equate someone's strength based off who they damaged then you must go on the average durability of the character (not highest or lowest).
Hulk, on average, can be damaged by forces far less than a million tons. Therefore Zeus applied less than a million tons when he busted Hulk.

So how many tons did Doomsday generate stabbing through Superman like butter?

BrolyBlack
And Hulk can physically overpower Abstracts and lift up the weight of a sun at his weakest. I'm trying to understand what you are trying to get at here with 200 quadrillion tons. Pak Hulk while drained of power had enough power to destroy a planet twice the size of earth. 200 quadrillion tons ain't crap to Heralds.

He's doing it one-handed without much effort, the combined strength of both arms and he could do triple or quadruple this tonnage.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114841/4237612-0431445043-20654.jpg

carver9
Is that why hes straining in the last panel?

Galan007
Where is he "straining" in that scan?

BrolyBlack

He's not straining, he's talking normally with one arm behind his back. Even if he was, he lifted 200 quadrillion tons one-handed.

MrMind

when gym rats lift weights they make sound, doesn't mean they are maxing out everytime

BrolyBlack
Carver is making things up.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Where is he "straining" in that scan?

Last panel "Nn". This tells me that him lifting this isn't done as easily as Broly mentioned it.

Galan007
The dialogue "nn!" doesn't imply that Supes was "straining", lol.

He was effortlessly holding 200 quintillion tons in half-press position, then grunted a bit when he fully pressed it. IOW, in that final panel he is actually exerting more than 200 quintillion tons of force, as he overpowered/broke the machine itself.

...with one arm...easily.

BrolyBlack
Last panel "Nn". This tells me that him lifting this isn't done as easily as Broly mentioned it.

You can't be serious. You have never made the noise "nn" before speaking????? Its a pre dialog thought that comes out as a noise before speaking, its part of off the cuff conversation.

He already knew bad news was coming. Read the scans dude.

BrolyBlack
https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-25-2015/go4xCz.gif
Waiting for Carver to concede

carver9
I'm sticking by what I said. Those words doesnt indicate ease.

BrolyBlack

celeyhyga17
U guys are arguing semantics.

BrolyBlack

StiltmanFTW
What matters is that feat easily puts him above Weakeus who got f*cked up by a spear or fell on his ass when Ares of all people punched him in the face.

StiltmanFTW

BrolyBlack
Or its "nn" before learning he's dying which he pretty much already knew. Even if its a "strain" its the lightest strain since Carver strained his brain thinking too hard.

The point is, this was a one-handed feat, Carver has nothing on this feat.

StiltmanFTW
It doesn't matter.

He could've shat himself, that feat still beats Zeus sitting on his ass and doing nothing majority of his panel time.

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
If a fairly built nerd picks up a cell phone, he probably won't even think twice about it. He can do it with basically little to no effort.
If he picks up a 30lb dumbbell and grunts slightly(nn), did he strain? A little maybe... Was it difficult for him, probably not and could probably lift a lot more based on his frame?

You can use a dozen other words or phrases to replace strain. *shrug*

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
You can use a dozen other words or phrases to replace strain. *shrug*

You know those words well, naughty boy love

Galan007
I don't think carv is seeing the bigger picture here.

Superman was exerting 200 quintillion tons of force initially with NO visible effort whatsoever:
https://i.imgur.com/IoaoJUj.jpg

It was only when he exerted significantly MORE THAN 200 quintillion tons of force, and overpowered/broke the machine itself, that he grunted ever-so-slightly:
https://i.imgur.com/xA5yg2E.jpg

Nothing about the scene indicates that it was 'difficult' for Superman at all, though... He did it with one arm, ffs.

BrolyBlack
Yea its just garbage when carver says whatever he wants facts be damned.

xJLxKing

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think carv is seeing the bigger picture here.

Superman was exerting 200 quintillion tons of force initially with NO visible effort whatsoever:
https://i.imgur.com/IoaoJUj.jpg

It was only when he exerted significantly MORE THAN 200 quintillion tons of force, and overpowered/broke the machine itself, that he grunted ever-so-slightly:
https://i.imgur.com/xA5yg2E.jpg

Nothing about the scene indicates that it was 'difficult' for Superman at all, though... He did it with one arm, ffs.

Carver will drive all of us insane sooner or later.

HQ scans and in-depth analysis of each panel is not going to save you from him, Galan.

We must join him or perish sad

BrolyBlack
Sadly we are all at the mercy of Carvel's noncomprehension, ignorance, green colored glasses and illiteracy and not understanding basic English.

DarkSaint85

The original words:

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
He's doing it one-handed without much effort, the combined strength of both arms and he could do triple or quadruple this tonnage.

No one is saying he did it with a mere flick of his pinky finger.

Everything BrolyTime said is true.

BrolyBlack

celeyhyga17
Like I said semantics.

Without much effort.
Very little effort.
With little effort.
Effortlessly.
Little to no effort.
With some effort.
With a bit of effort.
Not a lot of effort.
Almost no effort.
Nearly without effort.

DarkSaint85
Like I said semantics.

Without much effort.
Very little effort.
With little effort.
Effortlessly.
Little to no effort.
With some effort.
With a bit of effort.
Not a lot of effort.
Almost no effort.
Nearly without effort.

Good list.

None of that list includes the word 'straining'.

Not to mention, the effort, minimal or otherwise, only came when he utterly destroyed the machine. NOT when lifting the initial 200 quintillion tons.

celeyhyga17
Same with straining.

Was there some straining involved? Looks like there was some. Probably nothing to write home about. Was the amount of strain exhausting? Not from my understanding. It was clear he could have done a lot more.

DarkSaint85
I passed my exams without much effort.

I was straining to pass my exams.

Do those two statements look like equal amounts of effort to you?

celeyhyga17
Now this is going into other things. The "straining" involved in the thread seemed to be a relatively short period of time. And the whole scene in general including the "nn" seemed to be a momentary exercise anyway.

So to get a clearer picture...
Were u straining throughout the entirety of the exam or at one or two things? If it was only at certain parts, were these parts an extensive portion of the exam?

DarkSaint85
Moreover.....he had ZERO effort in lifting 200quintillion tons.

He exerted some effort to break the machine. Was it rated for 201 quintillion tons? 200.0000001 quintillion tons? 2,000 quintillion tons? 2 billion quintillion trillion googleplex tons? We don't know.

But 200 quintillion? Ain't nothing but a thing. With one hand.

DarkSaint85
Now this is going into other things. The "straining" involved in the thread seemed to be a relatively short period of time. And the whole scene in general including the "nn" seemed to be a momentary exercise anyway.

So to get a clearer picture...
Were u straining throughout the entirety of the exam or at one or two things? If it was only at certain parts, were these parts an extensive portion of the exam?

Put it this way.

Until you told me I was actually doing an exam, I didn't even realize I was being tested, so effortless was it.

DeadpoolXXX
the scientist said they still hadnt found an upper limit to his strength as he was lifting the 200 quintillion tons. so that was definitely nowhere near his max.

he also destroyed a machine capable of producing that much force with ease (you can actually see bits of the machine falling downward in the scan.)

Zelax
All Star Superman.

CatL18
I don't understand why All Star Superman is thought to be stronger than Post-crisis~Rebirth Superman.
His feat is far below post~rebirth Superman's high-end feats.

h1a8
Originally posted by CatL18
I don't understand why All Star Superman is thought to be stronger than Post-crisis~Rebirth Superman.
His feat is far below post~rebirth Superman's high-end feats. Because that's his average. Post Crisis/rebirth might have better feats but their average is far lower. Plus we really don't know AS Superman's limits. It could be the same Or above Post Crisis Superman's.

So using only high end then you are correct.

carver9
Moreover.....he had ZERO effort in lifting 200quintillion tons.

He exerted some effort to break the machine. Was it rated for 201 quintillion tons? 200.0000001 quintillion tons? 2,000 quintillion tons? 2 billion quintillion trillion googleplex tons? We don't know.

But 200 quintillion? Ain't nothing but a thing. With one hand.

Wouldn't this ft be considered hyperbole?

DarkSaint85
Why?

carver9
Why wouldn't it be? It's a statement from an unknown character. Dont you view statements as hyperbole? What is the credibility of this character statement?

carver9
This question is pointed at Dark, all. Please dont put on your thongs and upsettingly join in on this convo.

DarkSaint85
Why wouldn't it be? It's a statement from an unknown character. Dont you view statements as hyperbole? What is the credibility of this character statement?

Erm....are you high right now?

If anyone else has a view, please jump in.

DarkSaint85
8 years ago:

Beat me to it. I was just making this thread up in my head as well...

I would class them as:

1 Feats not depending on art - taken as gospel. Nobody here questions that Superman can fly, for example.

2. Feats depending on art - Drax's anti-Thanos aura, some depictions of speed fighting, and bullet-timing.

3. In-character narration. By this I mean, if Reed or Pym says that he's tested Cyclops' eye blasts, and they contain the equivalent of 1 million Newtons, we believe him. I won't believe Johnny Storm if he said this.

4. Comic Narration. This one is a bit iffy, particularly when we start looking at the Silver Age or pre-crisis comics.

5. Character narration. Spiderman telling the story of the Sentry stalemating Galactus.

carver9
Erm....are you high right now?

If anyone else has a view, please jump in.

I agree with Reed being a trust worthy source of info when it comes to justifying things. What about that scientist though? As of right now, we are looking at a statement from a person who have no background or entitlement of being an accurate source of information. You literally have told me for yrs now that we do not accept statements. Is this an exception and if so, why?

For everyone that is viewing this, its directly aimed at Dark. If you want to know why, please PM me.

-Pr-
For everyone that is viewing this, its directly aimed at Dark. If you want to know why, please PM me.

So you only want to be ridiculed by one person, not many. Okay.

DarkSaint85
I agree with Reed being a trust worthy source of info when it comes to justifying things. What about that scientist though? As of right now, we are looking at a statement from a person who have no background or entitlement of being an accurate source of information. You literally have told me for yrs now that we do not accept statements. Is this an exception and if so, why?

Do you have examples of Leo being untrustworthy? If so, then we can cast doubt on his statement. Do you have reason to doubt him (perhaps because the actual effect was less than the statement?). If so, post it.

Philosophía
For everyone that is viewing this, its directly aimed at Dark. If you want to know why, please PM me. PM sent.

carver9
Do you have examples of Leo being untrustworthy? If so, then we can cast doubt on his statement. Do you have reason to doubt him (perhaps because the actual effect was less than the statement?). If so, post it.

You're changing your argument. You've literally told me that statements doesnt hold weight but now you're saying it's more on if the person have lied before or not. Mentally documented.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
So you only want to be ridiculed by one person, not many. Okay.

Lol, nope. I believe Superman lifted what he lifted, I'm pointing out Dark due to his inconsistencies.

Galan007
Please dont put on your thongs ...What goes on in that head of yours? ermmnone

One Big Mob
laughing out loud

Carver is awesome. If I have to put up with Dirtstain to get prime Carver material, then it's still worth it.

DarkSaint85
You're changing your argument. You've literally told me that statements doesnt hold weight but now you're saying it's more on if the person have lied before or not. Mentally documented.

Lol. I've ALWAYS said it. From 2015, and 2016:

Lol. Please re-read:

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/36037/746281-absorptionnovablastks3.jpg

'That was my BEST shot' - Human Torch. If not going all out - what is his 'best'???

Then, re-read:
http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/fantastic_four_249-250.shtml

'He took it! My FULL Nova Blast! Enough to raze the whole city block if I'd let it loose.

I would say you have no idea about the comic I am talking about, but even when the comic is in front of you, it seems that you have no idea. I am NOT talking about collateral damage. I am talking about the characters themselves, a notable braggart, Johnny Storm, who boasts and is a kid prone to exaggeration - in his own words, saying that if he let it loose, it would have razed a whole city block. Which is small fry, and not that impressive compared to the JLA.

Then, I showed the well known hotheaded Johnny, who, don't forget, in character, boasts - I show him with his 'best shot', being absorbed and one-upped by Iron Man. Does this mean Iron Man can absorb a star's worth of energy, and increase it? OK.

I THEN had a narration, on panel, which says his energy output of the Nova Blast is like a nuke. Woop de do. So that's THREE scans, from different time periods, all showing that when he actually uses it, it's not all that.

I can see you trying to scan dump and drown the thread, though, with characters not in this thread - trying to muddle the issue. Stick to Human Torch showings.

And again:

thumb up

This isn't Johnny Storm, who is a known braggart, talking about his Nova Flame burning hotter than the Sun, or something.

Nor is it Wolverine, using his 'best at what I do' as a way of intimidating people.

Nor even is it Superman, talking about how every opponent he faces is the toughest he has ever faced.

It's Barry, a police forensic scientist (so familiar with scientific concepts), who isn't given to boasting or lying.

Flash FACT. Not Flash Opinion, or Flash Guesstimate.

I'm OK with character statements, DEPENDING on who they're from.

carver9
Lol... so wait a minute, I went from a booty humper to dirt stain. Gross crap that is on people kneecap when they slide to first base? I dont know if that's a step up in the world or a huge step down. Wow!!!

Can you answer my question Dark?

abhilegend
Please dont put on your thongs

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

Profiled

One Big Mob
Lol... so wait a minute, I went from a booty humper to dirt stain. Gross crap that is on people kneecap when they slide to first base? I dont know if that's a step up in the world or a huge step down. Wow!!!

Can you answer my question Dark? Bruv, think this over and read it again.

DarkSaint85

Can you answer my question Dark?

I'm not sure what your question is. I've always said it depends on who the statements is from. If it's Reed vs Johnny, and their statements differed on science, I would take Reed. On picking up chicks, Johnny.

On the sliding scale, I would place more emphasis on feats if they actually happened, vs character statements. Not sure why this is news? I've not been inconsistent?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Bruv, think this over and read it again.

Carv is going Worldbreaker. You cannot reason with him. He seen rage now.

-Pr-
Lol, nope. I believe Superman lifted what he lifted, I'm pointing out Dark due to his inconsistencies.

Might want to use a mirror there, friend.

Galan007
carv can do pretty well until he goes full carv and just starts carving-out. Then everything just crumbles, like Manhattan under Hulk's feet.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>