Older games running poorly and being downgraded on the Switch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I don't get this at all.

Games that are incredibly graphically intensive get almost no downgrades, yet they had to remove certain things from Skyrim and somehow it still didn't come out as the best port.

All games that are 2015 and below should run BEAUTIFULLY on the switch, that includes games like GTA V, Skyrim, etc.

It feels like people aren't putting in the extra effort to try to make the game run too well.

However, I'm seeing promise from Dragon's Dogma, the game runs possibly better then the PS4 version, and thats before the game has even been released.

Ya'll wanna weigh in on this?

Inhuman
Most of the time this has to do with companies wanting to churn out a game as fast as possible or they have a certain date they have to have the game finished by.
So they cut corners.

-Pr-
The Switch isn't that powerful. I wouldn't have high expectations from it, to be fair.

GTA V doesn't even run incredibly well on higher-end consoles without sacrifices.

cdtm
Rockstar releasing a game that runs poorly? Nah.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by -Pr-
The Switch isn't that powerful. I wouldn't have high expectations from it, to be fair.

GTA V doesn't even run incredibly well on higher-end consoles without sacrifices. It's not really that graphically demanding of a game.

I recall 60 fps on PS3 tbh.

cdtm
Yeah, stripped down well below PC bare minimum settings. A common trick they even had to do with a relatively undemanding game like Abyss Odyssey.

Smasandian
Hahaha...GTA V was never 60 FPS on the PS3. It was 720p and around 25-30.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Hahaha...GTA V was never 60 FPS on the PS3. It was 720p and around 25-30. Maybe you noticed more then I did, game ran like absolute butter for me.

Smasandian
Ok. Even the PS4/Xbox One has GTAV at 30 FPS....at 1080p and better graphics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.