The Umbrella Academy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
New on Netflix, based on the comics of the same name.. Any one watched yet? I've only watched the 1st show and part of the second. This isn't something I'd bingewatch though

tkitna
I liked it a lot. I wasnt familiar with the comics when I started watching, so not sure if that helped or hurt. They left it wide open for another season too. Recommended.

Dreampanther
Tried it and liked some of the characters but dropped it after two episodes. Just couldn't keep my interest.

riv6672
Great comic, so so show.

Flyattractor
Awww.. Saw the thread title and kinda hoped this was Rez Evil Tie In....Oh well.

BruceSkywalker
nearly 6 episodes in... its an okay show

Mindset
I liked it.

Arachnid1
Three episodes in and it's great so far. I hope it keeps it up to the end.

Arachnid1
It didn't. A lot of nonsensical BS and characters making stupid choices. It started off with a lot of promise but ended a 6 or 7/10 IMO, so just ok.

I will say though that Papa Hargreaves was a fkn RIOT. Unlike his kids, I loved every word that came out of his mouth lmao

Putinbot1
Papa Hargreaves and the last episode redeemed it for me.

Robtard
Finished it yesterday. Had a lot of dull moments, but overall as a series, I enjoyed it.

One Big Mob
It was good. I liked it. Was going to read the comics but now I don't want to spoil next season.
Reminded me of The Misfits a little, though that might have just had to do with Klaus and it not being super serious all ghe time.

Surtur
Misfits was good.

This show was pretty good too.

Eon Blue
I really enjoyed it. Great production for a TV show.

samhain
Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would have. Have to laugh at Robert Sheehan basically playing the same character he did on Misfits in terms of attitude. He is good at it though I suppose, so why not.

Galan007
Plan on binging S02 this weekend.

BruceSkywalker
will watch season 2 starting on sunday but won't binge

Surtur
Saw the first episode of the new season. Liked it a lot.

BruceSkywalker
relented and watched first episode. thought it was redundant. hopefully rest of the season isn't

Adam Grimes
Still as good as the first season for me. Really enjoying it.

tkitna
Should finish up season 2 tonight. Love the show. The soundtrack for every episode has been great too.

DeadpoolXXX
i was just gonna say..... the soundtrack is great. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
5 episodes in and this season is very lackluster. the acting is really bad. the wigs that they wear should go back to the wig department. the soundtrack sucks, but i guess they couldn't get permission from the actual owners of the music

tkitna
Finished it tonight and loved it. Cant wait for the next installment.

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
5 episodes in and this season is very lackluster. the acting is really bad. the wigs that they wear should go back to the wig department. the soundtrack sucks, but i guess they couldn't get permission from the actual owners of the music

Damn tell us how you really feel

Surtur
I'm on episode 5, really enjoying it.

Galan007
Finished the season... Really enjoyed it overall.

The only part I didn't care for was the Vanya/lesbian plot. Didn't really see the need for it at all, but Ellen Grace is a lesbian irl so I'm sure she helped them come up with that #Woke sideplot.

Stringer
Great show. Number 5 really makes it one, imo

Surtur
Originally posted by Galan007
Finished the season... Really enjoyed it overall.

The only part I didn't care for was the Vanya/lesbian plot. Didn't really see the need for it at all, but Ellen Grace is a lesbian irl so I'm sure she helped them come up with that #Woke sideplot.

I thought her name was Ellen Page?

Anyways yeah that story line felt forced. I wonder if the character is gay in the comics.

Galan007
Originally posted by Stringer
Great show. Number 5 really makes it one, imo thumb up

Originally posted by Surtur
I thought her name was Ellen Page?

Anyways yeah that story line felt forced. I wonder if the character is gay in the comics. It is... Dunno why I said Grace.

But yeah, the random lesbian #Wokeness was crammed in for literally no reason. I don't think Vanya's sexuality was ever explored in the comics(pretty sure the dyke thing was only done for the show), but it's been a while since I read UA.

Surtur
Well on wiki her full name is listed as Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page.

And I'd be genuinely curious what the writers felt making her a lesbian added to the story.

DeadpoolXXX
added nothing at all.

remove the lez crap and the story remains the exact same. no way ellen page didnt have a hand in that plotline, given how stupidly outspoken she is regarding all things in the gay community.

she probably told them she wouldnt return for season two unless they made her character gay.

BruceSkywalker
5 is the only redeemable character

there was no need for the lesbian subplotcharacter is an

so colm feore's character is an alien

Old Man Whirly!
Hell of a first episode.

BrolyBlack
Awful show, no point to it.

Surtur
Vanya is the most annoying character. And I think they made her a lesbian just so they could throw in this plot about how gay people were treated back in the 1960s.

BrolyBlack
The show is so bad I am sorry I wasted time watching

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

It is... Dunno why I said Grace.

But yeah, the random lesbian #Wokeness was crammed in for literally no reason. I don't think Vanya's sexuality was ever explored in the comics(pretty sure the dyke thing was only done for the show), but it's been a while since I read UA. My analysis too, Diego really became the most likeable character. I am in favour of LGBT rights etc., but that plot just seemed shoe horned and added nothing. Ellen Page used to be really pretty but not so much now.

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
5 is the only redeemable character

there was no need for the lesbian subplotcharacter is an

so colm feore's character is an alien

Yeah 5 is cool. And probably the most powerful besides Vanya.

We don't know what he is all we know is he isn't human. He could be from another planet or I dunno, could be like Abe Sapien or something, some kind of creature native to Earth.

Old Man Whirly!
Season 3: 4 episodes in, enjoyable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.