Best character redemptions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In film sometimes an evil or morally gray character who has committed crimes or heinous acts gets a small chance to redeem themselves. Who are some villains or characters of dubious moral stances that proved to be decent in the end? How did their sacrifice or choice advance the plot of the movie?

steverules_2
Originally posted by carthage
In film sometimes an evil or morally gray character who has committed crimes or heinous acts gets a small chance to redeem themselves. Who are some villains or characters of dubious moral stances that proved to be decent in the end? How did their sacrifice or choice advance the plot of the movie?

Darth Vader springs to mind

jaden_2.0
Not in film but Jaime Lannister. The Hound as well

Also in TV (and the movie that kicked it off) Combo in This is England

In movies, Derek Vineyard in American History X

Walt Kowalski in Gran Torino

Also with Clint Eastwood, William Munney in Unforgiven

Loki

Jason Dixon in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

And in neither film or TV... Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption 2. (Providing you play with high honour anyway)

Flyattractor
I hate Wimpy Bad Guys.

TheVaultDweller
Deckard Shaw shifty

relentless1
Doc Ock

Harry Osborn

The Vulture (Keaton)

Mr Freeze

Deadshot

Batman (BvS)

Jmanghan
Merle Dixon for damn sure, dude went out like a bad-ass.

Kazenji
T-800 from T2.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji
T-800 from T2.

He was already Programmed that way.

TRY AGAIN!

Dr Will Hatch
The writing was a little iffy, but Michael Rooker sold the f.uck out of Yondu's redemption arc in GOTG Volume 2.

Raptor22
Not a movie character but Theon Greyjoy.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Flyattractor
He was already Programmed that way.

TRY AGAIN!

Plus it was a different T-800 model

Kazenji
That one predator from Alien vs. Predator.

steverules_2
That one predator from Alien vs. Predator.

Scar I think he was called

quanchi112
Thanos:Infinity War.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos:Infinity War.

thumb up

Kazenji
How exactly was Thanos redeemed in the end?

Flyattractor
Especially since the "END" hasn't hit theaters yet.

But yeah. I can see them Redeeming Ol Purple PruneFace at the end of the movie...but then I already said I hate Wimpy Bad Guys.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Especially since the "END" hasn't hit theaters yet.

But yeah. I can see them Redeeming Ol Purple PruneFace at the end of the movie...but then I already said I hate Wimpy Bad Guys. Iw is a film and he saved the universe. Life is nuanced not simplistic like your pee brain. Thanos is too complex for your toon brain.

quanchi112
How exactly was Thanos redeemed in the end? His selfless sacrifice cost him everything for the betterment of the universe. If you cannot comprehend cinema why watch without an adult present.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by quanchi112
Iw is a film and he saved the universe. Life is nuanced not simplistic like your pee brain. Thanos is too complex for your toon brain.

Murdering trillions is saving the universe now? Quite the world we live in.

I know you're just having your fun, Quan, but don't let the reddit fan theories go to your head before Endgame drops.

EDIT: Clarification.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage

Motherf#cking...

RIDDICK

The end-all and be-all. smokin'

quanchi112
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Murdering trillions is saving the universe now? Quite the world we live in.

I know you're just having your fun, Quan, but don't let the reddit fan theories go to your head before Endgame drops.

EDIT: Clarification. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. Quit being emotional he gave all for the balance of the universe. It is a simple calculus my friend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.