Zoom vs. The Runner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

twt
Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) vs. The Runner (with the space gem)

1st round: In a race.
2nd round: In a fight.

Who wins?

MrMind
Zoom

leonidas
zoom might win a race but i'd take runner 100/100 in a fight. different class of overall power altogether.

Zelax
Runner possibly wins with the SG. But without it, i'd say Zoom takes it.

Deadline
I'd still go for Runner in a race.....

abhilegend
Originally posted by Deadline
I'd still go for Runner in a race.....
Why? Runner was below lightspeed.

XLR87T3
Runner should logically stalemate or defeat Zoom since he has the space gem, but he is such an idiot that he will probably still lose this fight/race somehow.

And how is Runner less than lightspeed? IIRC he raced to the end of the universe along with other Marvel speedsters

carver9
Runner in both.

abhilegend
Originally posted by XLR87T3
Runner should logically stalemate or defeat Zoom since he has the space gem, but he is such an idiot that he will probably still lose this fight/race somehow.

And how is Runner less than lightspeed? IIRC he raced to the end of the universe along with other Marvel speedsters
Runner was left in dust by Makkari when he went lightspeed. He was also unable to find escape a black hole on his own.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Why? Runner was below lightspeed.

Are you talking about that race that took place in Quasar (forgot the issue). The Runner with the SG can be light years away in a blink of the eye right?

abhilegend
I'm talking about Runner not able to escape a black hole.

Deadline

When did this happen did thia hsppen when Galactus fought Inbetweener?

abhilegend
Silver Surfer v3 9

Deadline
Silver Surfer v3 9

I've actually read that issue years ago not sure if I remember Runner getting sucked in I'm quite sure The Possessor did.

I dunno not sure what to think, I dunno looks to me like The Runner has the powerset to resist a black hole.....

Galan007
^ All the Elders would have been sucked in if Galactus hadn't saved them, iirc.

abhilegend
I've actually read that issue years ago not sure if I remember Runner getting sucked in I'm quite sure The Possessor did.

I dunno not sure what to think, I dunno looks to me like The Runner has the powerset to resist a black hole.....
Everyone was sucked in.

Surfer gets owned by a black hole

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15417321_SS_v3_009_14a_zps6f32b324.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15417322_SS_v3_009_14b_zps4ceb7f9c.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15417323_SS_v3_009_15b_zps9032f545.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15417324_SS_v3_009_16b_zpsa306f7a4.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15417325_SS_v3_009_17a_zps6821d593.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15417326_SS_v3_010_03a_zps6798bc21.jpg

"Almost crushed to nothingness".

laughing out loud

Stoic

I think that Marvel makes a bigger deal of black holes than DC does. In a way it's kind of like a reverse space cheese feat for the black hole. Being that it is capable of holding even the most powerful individuals. Just an idea.

Deadline
^ yeah kinda

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that Marvel makes a bigger deal of black holes than DC does. In a way it's kind of like a reverse space cheese feat for the black hole. Being that it is capable of holding even the most powerful individuals. Just an idea.
How about no? You don't randomly assign power on black holes and the speed to escape it.

victreebelvictr
How about no? You don't randomly assign power on black holes and the speed to escape it. Some franchises make black holes a bigger deal then they are.

Since black holes consume light, I would assume that if a figure were to be comfortably above the speed of light, they could escape. :3

And Runner has been known to be one of the fastest things in the universe. :3

Facee
Runner only has about 13 appearances erm

I'm sure he would have better feats if used more.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Facee
Runner only has about 13 appearances erm

I'm sure he would have better feats if used more. Very sure. :3

Facee
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Very sure. :3
He's too powerful to pit against anyone really. If Surfer lasted seconds can you imagine someone else lasting longer?

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Facee
He's too powerful to pit against anyone really. If Surfer lasted seconds can you imagine someone else lasting longer? Yes, the Living Tribunal would win. :3

Stoic
How about no? You don't randomly assign power on black holes and the speed to escape it.

How about maybe. We did see Terrax escape into a black hole long ago and Dazzler went in after him. She was the herald of Galactus during that story, which means that it really depends on the writer. It's really just a space cheese incident since no hard number is ever really given.

abhilegend
Some franchises make black holes a bigger deal then they are.

Since black holes consume light, I would assume that if a figure were to be comfortably above the speed of light, they could escape. :3

And Runner has been known to be one of the fastest things in the universe. :3
Not marvel though.

abhilegend
How about maybe. We did see Terrax escape into a black hole long ago and Dazzler went in after him. She was the herald of Galactus during that story, which means that it really depends on the writer. It's really just a space cheese incident since no hard number is ever really given.
Except he has no other feats which suggest he is lightspeed.

victreebelvictr
Except he has no other feats which suggest he is lightspeed. Did you know that it takes about eight minutes for something at the speed of light to reach the moon?

Well, Runner has traveled across the universe in a blink, so... :3

Galan007
Did you know that it takes about eight minutes for something at the speed of light to reach the moon? You might want to recheck your calcs, friend. smile

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Galan007
You might want to recheck your calcs, friend. smile DAMN IT YOU RUINED MY ABHI LOGIC! X3

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
You might want to recheck your calcs, friend. smile He didn't say from where.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Mindset
He didn't say from where. BOOM.

Stoic
DAMN IT YOU RUINED MY ABHI LOGIC! X3

It takes about 1.3 seconds from the Earth. But you're right, with the SG he can travel to the ends of a universe in an instant, which he stated during Thanos Quest. Without the SG, he may be sub light as Abhi mentioned. However he has the SG in this instance. It really may boil down to which writer you want to go with in this case.

victreebelvictr
It takes about 1.3 seconds from the Earth. But you're right, with the SG he can travel to the ends of a universe in an instant, which he stated during Thanos Quest. Without the SG, he may be sub light as Abhi mentioned. However he has the SG in this instance. It really may boil down to which writer you want to go with in this case. I know the math thing was wrong. stick out tongue

But yes.

big juggy man
According to Marvel Official Handbook I believe the running can fly/run faster than light. But of course we all know Marvel contradicts itself from story to story.

Deadline
It takes about 1.3 seconds from the Earth. But you're right, with the SG he can travel to the ends of a universe in an instant, which he stated during Thanos Quest. Without the SG, he may be sub light as Abhi mentioned. However he has the SG in this instance. It really may boil down to which writer you want to go with in this case.

Thanos said the SG didn't make him faster.

victreebelvictr
Thanos said the SG didn't make him faster. He HIMSELF said that it did. :3

DarkSaint85
Yeah but Thanos was right.

https://i.postimg.cc/Vvc7KQnj/img-0683-1.jpg

zopzop
Current Runner loses but CLassic would have won, IMHO.

Deadline
Current? What's wrong with current Runner?

DeadpoolXXX
i dont think runner was using the gem when he blitzed the crap out of thanos but i still dont think he hold a candle to zoom.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
i dont think runner was using the gem when he blitzed the crap out of thanos but i still dont think he hold a candle to zoom. Well, what is the gem capable of?

DarkSaint85
Teleportation.

victreebelvictr

DarkSaint85
For me, Zooms fastest feat was, in the middle of battle with a bloodlusted Wally, he ran all the way back to Keystone City, to the hospital where Linda was, checked up on her, and came back.

Before Wally even knew he had gone.

AND Wally was amped by the speed he had taken from Jay Bart etc.
https://m.imgur.com/a/kN71H0q

victreebelvictr
Oh, that is impressive due to the fact that West is a speedster himself. X3

And for Runner?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.