Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
WOO!!!!

M3LsQYENpGg

Bentley
One pretty looking game

ares834
I'm disappointed that random encounters are back and the lack of Pokemon following behind the player. Those were two things from the LGPE games that I hoped would be carried forward. Also, I'm not a fan of the starters. Sobble is decent, but the other two don't look great. Hopefully, their evos are better.

Now, despite all that bitching, the game looks quite pretty. I like the idea of an Britain-esque region. As long as they don't keep interrupting the game with pointless cutscenes and dialogue like SuMo did, I'll be happy.

Bentley
Random encounters are more balanced than any oother formula they have tried. Hopefully we'll get rustling Grass, bubbles in ponds and other map encounters.

With 800+ pokemon we are probably still too early for them to have working walking designs on parters following you.
It's honestly effot better directed somewhere else (but it's still a cool feature)

Ridley_Prime
The Britain-like region is mostly the only thing that intrigued me but even then, is pretty much a bigger Kalos. Like with Sun/Moon and Ultra S/M, will wait till I dont have other games to anticipate in the near future and try out one of the versions then I guess. Pokemon hasnt hyped or impressed me that much in awhile to get on day 1 or something, but Detective Pikachu movie looks great!

Jmanghan
PpjVUOJkX-s

ares834
So apparently not every pokemon will be able to be transferred over... Unbelievable.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
So apparently not every pokemon will be able to be transferred over... Unbelievable. Extremely confusing and weird for what was such a hype and awesome trailer.

Ridley_Prime
Says it's due to "balance and development time concerns"... Pathetic.

Bentley

ares834
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/502/370/242.png

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
WOO!!!!

M3LsQYENpGg

Plastic looking garbage. Looks like Pokemon Go and Stadium had a bastard child.

Go back to the classic look, it doesn't even feel like Pokenon anyone, just another generic jrpg. I'd rather play a fan game like Uranium then this.

Ridley_Prime

cdtm

cdtm

Ridley_Prime

Jmanghan
I feel like they kinda dropped the ball, weird decisions all-around, half the decisions have been Phenomenal, other half aren't.

Like going ****ing IN on Smash Bros and third-party support for games yet having shitty online and this Pokemon mess.

This game will undoubtedly be fun, but it won't be one of the better Pokemon titles. :/

Jmanghan
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-sword-and-shields-japanese-launch-event-is/1100-6471305/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

Ridley_Prime
Not only that, but Nintendo has allowed preorder cancels for this steaming hot garbage. Only other thing they did for that recently was the Overwatch Switch port when Blizzard cancelled a similar event for it.

Quincy
Not sure what starter I'm going to choose - leaning towards either Sobble or Grookey. I normally go grass but I don't really care for Grookey's evolutionary chain. I do really dig Inteleon's design though.

ares834
I think this is going to be the first pokemon generation I pass on. Between dexit, the N64-tier graphics, and the poor new designs I just can't justifying supporting GF.

I'll probably go play the real SS (Soul Silver) or Black instead. That's when Pokemon was at its peak. Its been downhill ever since. sad

Quincy
Really digging this. Caught up with some buddies and we hung out to the dynamax battles and catching shit and it was a blast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.