Ice Man vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Both are at They Peak (full power)

https://i.postimg.cc/K1FC52k0/mi.jpg

h1a8
Iceman

staxamillion
iceman. I don't see what magneto could do to iceman at his peak

One Big Mob
This is like throwing an ice sun at magnet Superman.

Iceman is a gay character with wasted potential. Magneto throws him into the fire sun.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by One Big Mob

Iceman is a gay character with wasted potential. Magneto throws him into the fire sun.

all serious tho, your pick?

One Big Mob
I said what I said

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One Big Mob

thumb up

shiv
Strategic Retreat to 66,000,000 ft Above Sea Level for Magneto.

He weaponizes every sattelite up there powered with solar energy cells.

And obliterates Ice Man.

smokin'

Supermutant
My pick
BUzbSXBRctI

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Supermutant
My pick
BUzbSXBRctI

you think Mags wins?

Philosophía
My pick
BUzbSXBRctI Damn, you're older than I thought.

Supermutant
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
you think Mags wins?

I think whoever you pick will lose in a BZ.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I think whoever you pick will lose in a BZ.

doubt it

Supermutant
But still smarter than you with more feats.

Supermutant
doubt it

We agree there b/c your real life would get in the way during that specific time period.

Philosophía
But still smarter than you with more feats.

Do you go, beat 4th graders in the backyard and film it, to have enough for a respect thread?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Just in case anyone needed a precedent for magnetism being able to affect water.

https://i.postimg.cc/Thm9c2Lg/rc.jpg

Mags cab disperse ice

https://i.postimg.cc/SnZ7KJ3F/dis.jpg

Supermutant

Deadline
Just in case anyone needed a precedent for magnetism being able to affect water.

https://i.postimg.cc/Thm9c2Lg/rc.jpg

Mags cab disperse ice

https://i.postimg.cc/SnZ7KJ3F/dis.jpg

I would have assumed that everything has a magentic field anyway.

leonidas
phil and supermutant are what carv and saint wish they were. thumb up

as for who wins, not sure. at full capacity either one could kill the other. mmm

DarkSaint85
You take that back.

leonidas
mhm

staxamillion
magneto could dispel ice but iceman does not necessarily need a conventional body to survive. at their peaks iceman could still freeze the atmosphere even if magneto is pulling him apart. if magneto could effect the EM brain waves then yeah but he would have to do it incapacitate iceman quicker than it takes iceman to freeze ice to not to die.

leonidas
lol pretty much. there is only so much room in the bf. at his max, mags could easily affect it in its entirety. mags should be able to either nullify or control the em energy in bobby's mind/consciousness, or bobby could freeze him. or dehydrate him. i feel like bobby has more options here since he could pretty quickly cast his consciousness into the moisture in the air, but would mags be able to disassemble it before bobby can do that then freeze him. interesting match up tbh.

Philosophía
Was it Blair who really liked Iceman?

leonidas
hmm, maybe. now that you said it, it rings a bell. he was def a fan of ironman....

he still lurks, so he can probably confirm.

Philosophía
Iron Man is probably the only popular character with close to zero fans/discussions around here.

I know Galan liked him for a while, but moved on to Firestorm like the s|ut he is.

leonidas
yeah, whichever way the wind blows with that guy. sneer

ironman is great though. i've said it before--dude has wins over almost every significant character in marvel. often underrated and one of the only characters i've read--mostly continuously--for decades now.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Philosophia
Was it Blair who really liked Iceman?

Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, maybe. now that you said it, it rings a bell. he was def a fan of ironman....

he still lurks, so he can probably confirm.

Yeah, it was me. Hell, Leo once created a thread using "Blair Wind's Iceman vs Juggernaut" (http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t406410.html)

Iceman, Iron Man, and Green Lantern were always my favorites. It's been a while since I've debated for anyone though.

h1a8
How could magneto possibly kill Iceman?
He's practically immortal and immune to magnetic powers. He could freeze Mags from the inside and can exist in vapor form.

Delta1938
Isn't Magneto amped by cold? I could swear I read that somewhere. Not arguing the No Limits Fallacy but something to keep in mind.

shiv
Seriously. Magneto with his knowledge of the periodic table and the elements which by international agreement are not listed on the periodic table...

Magneto can take a scrap of some random space debri, excite it, smack it around in orbit, and accellerate it down toward ice man's general vicinity... he doesn't have to be precise... sped up, with gravity speeding it further and Magneto accellerating it further still, Magneto's radioactive little slug... ...before it smashes into the exosphere... it'll be just about stable... ...the first atom in its path, it is going to smash that atom, and then it's going to smash that atom's particles, it's going to smash all of them (thrown in front of it), and the next, and the next, and the next and when it gets to the first molecule... it's going to smash that too, and the next and the next, each of these molecules, atoms and particles being smashed will be smashing into neighbouring particles... there's going to be an expanding field of death in a bullet, then in a fan, and finally you guessed it, in a Mega Cloud Shape.

For a speedster at ground level with fantastic eyesight who can perceive all this in super slow motion, The speedster will see what appears to be a second sun which just popped out of thin air, and if the speedster has enhanced durability... a tiny little pin prick as bright as the sun that's expanding and expanding and expanding and burning green and red and white orange yellow violet and black it will look beautiful and it will be the last thing he or she sees.

The initial slug won't even make it to the ground. It doesn't need to. Everything in the air and on the ground within Ice's general locale will be falling or flattened and partly craterized radioactive waste.

On A Kmc Battlefield with none of Xavier's precious humans around to coddle... This is a viable option for Magneto. The Master Of Magnetism.

h1a8
Originally posted by shiv
Seriously. Magneto with his knowledge of the periodic table and the elements which by international agreement are not listed on the periodic table...

Magneto can take a scrap of some random space debri, excite it, smack it around in orbit, and accellerate it down toward ice man's general vicinity... he doesn't have to be precise... sped up, with gravity speeding it further and Magneto accellerating it further still, Magneto's radioactive little slug... ...before it smashes into the exosphere... it'll be just about stable... ...the first atom in its path, it is going to smash that atom, and then it's going to smash that atom's particles, it's going to smash all of them (thrown in front of it), and the next, and the next, and the next and when it gets to the first molecule... it's going to smash that too, and the next and the next, each of these molecules, atoms and particles being smashed will be smashing into neighbouring particles... there's going to be an expanding field of death in a bullet, then in a fan, and finally you guessed it, in a Mega Cloud Shape.

For a speedster at ground level with fantastic eyesight who can perceive all this in super slow motion, The speedster will see what appears to be a second sun which just popped out of thin air, and if the speedster has enhanced durability... a tiny little pin prick as bright as the sun that's expanding and expanding and expanding and burning green and red and white orange yellow violet and black it will look beautiful and it will be the last thing he or she sees.

The initial slug won't even make it to the ground. It doesn't need to. Everything in the air and on the ground within Ice's general locale will be falling or flattened and partly craterized radioactive waste.

On A Kmc Battlefield with none of Xavier's precious humans around to coddle... This is a viable option for Magneto. The Master Of Magnetism.

Basically Iceman stomps. That's all you had to say.

AlbertoJohnAvil
We agree there b/c your real life would get in the way during that specific time period.

i'm free now. we can start today

Magnon
Dissociating water into hydrogen and oxygen like that is an example of electrolysis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water#/media/File:Electrolysis.svg

Electrolysis requires voltage/current (as opposed to magnetic fields) to be applied across the target. Therefore, Mags' feat of dispersing the icicle was a feat in control over electricity rather than magnetism.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Magnon
Dissociating water into hydrogen and oxygen like that is an example of electrolysis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water#/media/File:Electrolysis.svg

Electrolysis requires voltage/current (as opposed to magnetic fields) to be applied across the target. Therefore, Mags' feat of dispersing the icicle was a feat in control over electricity rather than magnetism.

who do you got winning?

Supermutant
i'm free now. we can start today

eek!

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Yeah, it was me. Hell, Leo once created a thread using "Blair Wind's Iceman vs Juggernaut" (http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t406410.html)

Iceman, Iron Man, and Green Lantern were always my favorites. It's been a while since I've debated for anyone though.

laughing out loud

too bad. we could use more seasoned debaters. thumb up

WhiteKnightR8
Magneto, as mentioned Mags has control over water molecules and can disperse ice, and heres this which always makes me Lol

Galan007
Been done. This is not the first time I've had to remind you to use the search function.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.