GL (John Stewart) vs. Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y5lgzdfp

vs.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/100647/5948604-bm.jpg

Stoic
Blue Marvel wins.

leonidas
i'd take bm actually. his antimatter and and his strength would be a real problem here i think. he's also demonstrated other energy control. in all, i think bm is a tough match for gl's.

Philosophía
John.

Senor Cage
Is this John with or without the Ultraviolet power?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Is this John with or without the Ultraviolet power?

GL, not UL

Senor Cage
BM, then.

"Id"
HNIC wins.

celeyhyga17
Could go either way. BM has a slight edge.

One Big Mob
"Green" Lantern, "Blue" Marvel

StyleTime
I feel like John has more consistently solid showings and a thicker feat catalog, so it might be hard to argue against him. On paper, BM can make a fight out of it. I'm not so confident in his physical stats currently. Depends on how much weight we're putting on past depictions vs current I guess.

deathslash
Originally posted by StyleTime
I feel like John has more consistently solid showings and a thicker feat catalog, so it might be hard to argue against him. On paper, BM can make a fight out of it. I'm not so confident in his physical stats currently. Depends on how much weight we're putting on past depictions vs current I guess. .......has BM lost some fights recently to make his average go down?

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
.......has BM lost some fights recently to make his average go down?
He has no feats which suggest he can beat John.

MrMind
John

byrdgang21
BM wins. The strength advantage and energy manipulation gives him the edge.

On another note, I'd love to see these 2 team up in a comic.

NemeBro
Originally posted by deathslash
.......has BM lost some fights recently to make his average go down? Under Ewing he did seem to have his prowess as a top tier level character downplayed. The first volume of the Ultimates actually implied America Chavez might be more powerful for example, and she got the better of him in their brief scuffle iirc.

MrMind
Originally posted by byrdgang21
BM wins. The strength advantage and energy manipulation gives him the edge.

On another note, I'd love to see these 2 team up in a comic.

The biggest quantifiable strength feat for BM is lifting a meteor the size of Arkansas

John has survived planet destruction and black hole
he can easily withstand BM's attack

As far as energy projection, John has made a solar system with his construct before

Damborgson
Blue Marvel doesn't have many quantifiable strength feats, but he's stacked when it comes to character showings.

His fights with Anti Man alone are incredibly high end.

---------

If Hal were a 10, what would Stewart be ?

MrMind
If Hal is 10
combining post crisis/new52 feats since flashpoint didn't affect GL continuity so everything is canon
John would be an 8, Kyle would be a 9

Rookie and mediocre green lanterns has performed planetary feats on random tuesday.

BM has good record true, beaten King Hyperion and Ultimate Hulk easily, had a even fight with non void sentry, of course fought anti-man as you mentioned

but John has def taken on more herald level opponents no doubt

This fight is close though. GL track records of fighting flying bricks are bad, but I have doubt of placing BM on the level of top tier kryptonians.

abhilegend
Originally posted by MrMind
If Hal is 10
combining post crisis/new52 feats since flashpoint didn't affect GL continuity so everything is canon

Rookie and mediocre green lanterns has performed planetary feats on random tuesday.

BM has good record true, beaten King Hyperion and Ultimate Hulk easily, had a even fight with non void sentry, of course fought anti-man as you mentioned

but John has def taken on more herald level opponents no doubt

This fight is close though. GL track records of fighting flying bricks are bad, but I have doubt of placing BM on the level of top tier kryptonians.
Outside of Superman, GLs have a very good record against flying bricks.

MrMind
Originally posted by abhilegend
Outside of Superman, GLs have a very good record against flying bricks.

Zod family was kicking the shit out of them

abhilegend
Zod family was kicking the shit out of them
They were also amped.

Philosophía
Originally posted by abhilegend
They were also amped. To what level?

shifty

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One Big Mob
"Green" Lantern, "Blue" Marvel

https://tinyurl.com/y2tv7k8g

leonidas
@phil: laughing out loud

abhilegend

MrMind
even Lor-Zod?

abhilegend
Lor attacked a non fighting back Guy.

MrMind
1 Zod

2 Ursa

3 Lor

where level would you put Blue Marvel at

abhilegend
Below Ursa

Damborgson
If Hal is 10

So Stewart is plenty tough then, very high end. Thanks thumb up

Stoic
Blue is above Zod. I'm constantly seeing Zod on the receiving end of hard ass kickings. Adam has yet to be ripped on like that, and yet he has been consistently low balled since his 1st appearance with very few low showings.

Senor Cage
Zod goes up against higher opponents than Blue Marvel. Both Hal and Superman are easily above BM.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Stoic
Blue is above Zod. I'm constantly seeing Zod on the receiving end of hard ass kickings. Adam has yet to be ripped on like that, and yet he has been consistently low balled since his 1st appearance with very few low showings. Berry foo hi showens 2.

BM is very much a double edged Carver on that front.

StiltmanFTW
Great new set thumb up

One Big Mob
Only very few of us will be spared when Immortal Carv rises, and I don't plan to forsake our Pope in the meantime. thumb up

Stoic
Zod goes up against higher opponents than Blue Marvel. Both Hal and Superman are easily above BM.

Adam is a high herald. He simply has less showings. But, he has great endurance unlike Zod who often enough, wakes after having his KO'd head shoved into cement. Zod, Gladiator, and King Hyperion narratively speaking, stand neck and neck. Adam was written to trounce this level of opposition. Was King Hyperion weakened? He put decent damage on the Juggernaut. Outside of his fights with Kal, which are chock full of goodies within themselves (namely Superman's character), Zod is pretty squishy when confronted by true heavyweights. Adam at his serious focused best, would beat the shit out of Zod. Superman may win, but Hal would have an extremely tough fight that could go either way.

MrMind
Zod is pretty squishy when confronted by true heavyweights.

lol that is...so false... Zod has great track records... even before flashpoint he was able to rip apart 2 imperiex probes

the same probes who are high herald on the kmc list, the same probes that were shit stomping the dc earth heroes

also he was owning the shit out of bizarro till he give bizarro ptsd

after flashpoint he has even been more ridiculous, the list of big guns he's beaten is long

abhilegend
Adam is a high herald. He simply has less showings. But, he has great endurance unlike Zod who often enough, wakes after having his KO'd head shoved into cement. Zod, Gladiator, and King Hyperion narratively speaking, stand neck and neck. Adam was written to trounce this level of opposition. Was King Hyperion weakened? He put decent damage on the Juggernaut. Outside of his fights with Kal, which are chock full of goodies within themselves (namely Superman's character), Zod is pretty squishy when confronted by true heavyweights. Adam at his serious focused best, would beat the shit out of Zod. Superman may win, but Hal would have an extremely tough fight that could go either way.
Yeah, Zod is really squishy when faced by Cyborg Superman, Eradicator and Enchantress.

Oh wait, he isn't.

Delta1938
As far as energy projection, John has made a solar system with his construct before

Although shared, him and Sinestro combined their blasts to create an explosion that lit up the solar system and sent them flying from the Earth's system to Oa pretty quickly. I only saw a scan(and not sure if him taken over by technology had to do with it) but he created a wormhole. Also destroyed a continent, though that pales compared to the previously mentioned. In his MOSAIC series he raised huge mounds of dirt throughout Oa to create walls to keep the thousands of cities (I think it was at least one in every galaxy patroled by GLs) and reinforced them with his energy for days, it eventually breaking after it was sustaining fire from several of the cities because they wanted to go back to killing each other. He casually contained Martian Manhunter in a construct, IIRC beat Wonder Woman off panel(she was restrained, I think it was John) and his auto-shields protected him from anti-matter and a supernova.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Delta1938
Although shared, him and Sinestro combined their blasts to create an explosion that lit up the solar system and sent them flying from the Earth's system to Oa pretty quickly. I only saw a scan(and not sure if him taken over by technology had to do with it) but he created a wormhole. Also destroyed a continent, though that pales compared to the previously mentioned. In his MOSAIC series he raised huge mounds of dirt throughout Oa to create walls to keep the thousands of cities (I think it was at least one in every galaxy patroled by GLs) and reinforced them with his energy for days, it eventually breaking after it was sustaining fire from several of the cities because they wanted to go back to killing each other. He casually contained Martian Manhunter in a construct, IIRC beat Wonder Woman off panel(she was restrained, I think it was John) and his auto-shields protected him from anti-matter and a supernova.
He also destroyed Black Lantern Xanshi (created by billions of BL rings) along with four other lanterns.

That's a ridiculous feat in itself.

Stoic
lol that is...so false... Zod has great track records... even before flashpoint he was able to rip apart 2 imperiex probes

the same probes who are high herald on the kmc list, the same probes that were shit stomping the dc earth heroes

also he was owning the shit out of bizarro till he give bizarro ptsd

after flashpoint he has even been more ridiculous, the list of big guns he's beaten is long

Those Probes ranged in power. Don't bullshit me.

MrMind
http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/George-Costanza-OMG-Facepalm.gif

Delta1938

So are you arguing they were literally made to range in power?

panthergod

Stop lying.

They had varying portrayals. They were literally portrayed as being identical in power. Period.

DarkSaint85

What were their weakest showings?

MrMind
anyway shouldn't brought up Avruiskin zod fighting the probes this is far off topic

anyway Stoic is wrong though New52 zod has great track record, he stomped martian manhunter, one shot both supergirl and cyborg superman, beaten eradicator and kyle rayner. beaten Hal in 1 of the 2 matches.

his fight with Rogol literally shaken the phantom zone- a prison infinite in space and time.

also no Probes didn't range in power

DarkSaint85
Didn't he give himself a lobotomy at one point, and was still fighting? This is the Suicide Squad run I am thinking of.

MrMind
yep suicide squad v5 18
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Suicide-Squad-2016/Issue-18?id=113068

I am interested to know which embarrasing ass kickings you were referring to

Booya_69
Bump

Stoic
Blue Marvel punches his lights out.

abhilegend
John

Philosophía
John, obv.

Stoic

Senor Cage
Current John stomps.

TheHulkster

Pagan, Sentry, Hickman's Hyperion, Ultimate Hulk, and Maestro are up there.

MrMind
John

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.