karate kid GROWING GAUNTLET!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
kk starts off against one opponent. the opponents can use a tp signal to call in the next person on the list to make it 2 on 1 if they sense they are in any trouble at all. if both are in trouble they can signal the next to make it 3 on 1 and so on.

the opponents cannot use tp in any other way. no weapons, straight h2h until kk is ko'd or all the opponents are. featureless environment.

how many does it take to take him down?

1. batman
2. ironfist
3. panther
4. daredevil
5. batgirl
6. elektra
7. jakita wagner

cdtm
Could stop at Jakita. Hard to really say how durable she is.

Yes, she survived atmospheric re-entry. So could Equus, and KK cut off his arm. (If using current version. Multiple versions also beat/scared off Persuader, who even Mon-El has to put effort in against.)

One Big Mob
Batman and Iron Fist should be last. A couple Karate Kid kicks should be able to take out most everyone else though. I can't imagine Black Panther for instance taking too many KK kicks and he's one of the most durable here.

cdtm
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Batman and Iron Fist should be last. A couple Karate Kid kicks should be able to take out most everyone else though. I can't imagine Black Panther for instance taking too many KK kicks for instance and he's one of the most durable here.

Batman and Iron Fist. laughing out loud

Pretty sure Cage could put Bruce down with a sucker punch to the back of the head, unlike a fully chi amped Danny (And a weaker version, at that.)

leonidas
bats and danny are first because i was curious if people thought they could beat kk 2 on 1.

jakita is....VERY durable. i'd say at LEAST as durable as thing. and as strong or very close. she's sort of like cage only with superspeed and ms level h2h skills. so we are thinking kk can beat bats, danny AND bp, at the same time?

DeadpoolXXX
batman can beat kk alone.

DarkSaint85
I think he stops at 2. IF and Bats combo would be too much, IMO.

deathslash
Karate Kid is the DC version of Karnak. He has really insane feats against inanimate objects and superpowered brawlers, but when it comes time for him to fight actual martial artists, he really underperforms.

He could potentially stop at the first fight, but the Batman, Iron Fist and Panther are definitely going to take him down.

celeyhyga17
2nd lvl has a chance. Stops hard at 3.

cdtm
Originally posted by deathslash
Karate Kid is the DC version of Karnak. He has really insane feats against inanimate objects and superpowered brawlers, but when it comes time for him to fight actual martial artists, he really underperforms.

He could potentially stop at the first fight, but the Batman, Iron Fist and Panther are definitely going to take him down.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

He did just fine against virtually an entire prison worth of super crooks. Minus Persuader.

Even when tired, he refused to test his luck against Val, and calmly went back into his cell.

shiv
Bell goes Ding! Batman and Karate Kid have a sparring match. The End.

MrMind
clears. the low balling I see here sigh

we using the lowest showing from KK as measuring stick now?

Quick Freeze
Damn it Leo! I was proud of my Gauntlet post but you just HAD to have one with a cool twist! mad

The only thing I know about KK is that he can resist mind control somehow, and I don't see how that helps in any of these fights

leonidas
laughing out loud sorry broskie. the wide variation in opinion regarding kk is always interesting to see.

cdtm
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Damn it Leo! I was proud of my Gauntlet post but you just HAD to have one with a cool twist! mad

The only thing I know about KK is that he can resist mind control somehow, and I don't see how that helps in any of these fights

He's the cheesiest superhero in history.

He's a regular human type who learned "space karate", and joined the Legion by demonstrating he could fight evenly with Pre Crisis Superboy.

Everyone routinely says he has no powers, as he's karate chopping heavily armored space tanks in half, punching down mountains, or restraining PC Superboy in a choke hold and using him as a human shield.

And it's true, he does struggle with streets despite this.

But that's comics, and this is the board. Jakita is the only character here who should be able to take even one punch from him.

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by cdtm
He's the cheesiest superhero in history.

He's a regular human type who learned "space karate", and joined the Legion by demonstrating he could fight evenly with Pre Crisis Superboy.

Everyone routinely says he has no powers, as he's karate chopping heavily armored space tanks in half, punching down mountains, or restraining PC Superboy in a choke hold and using him as a human shield.

And it's true, he does struggle with streets despite this.

But that's comics, and this is the board. Jakita is the only character here who should be able to take even one punch from him.

That's all crazy, well and good and all, but do you remember when Daredevil gained Luke Cage's powers and took on Black Panther, Wolverine, Spider-Man, & She-Hulk?? shifty

shiv
Batman and KK know one another. They like and respect one another.

Batman (this may be news to the op) isn't going to call in some one else if it looks like he's not winning in his sparring match.

Val knows Batman.

All these other people he is supposed to fight... for no reason... ????

This isn't Krusher Kruul and Slugger McGee kicking off a royal rumble.

KK and Batman are always thinking and fighting. They're going to do what Batman and Judge Dredd did... locate the Op who pulled them out of their multiverses and give the Op a good trouncing.

That telepathic beacon power you gave batman. BATMAN. its like giving MacGyver a paper clip!

leonidas
tp can ONLY be used to summon in the next competitor. as i said in the OP.

DarkSaint85
I think Batman mindrapes KK thumb up

leonidas
it is funny how people think he clears or is challenged at one. laughing out loud

he might be the most misunderstood and misrepresented character in the entire forum.

Smurph
Which KK?

leonidas
that's the thing. there are several versions of a character that lives in a POSSIBLE future. it's no wonder no one can form a reasoned opinion about him....

let's say the most recent for sake of debate, and the one most people consider to be the most powerful version. anyone REALLY knowledgeable in legion history want to weigh in regarding either of those versions...?

cdtm
The weakest version of KK can react to Kryptonian level speeds and one shot mountains.

If this was Carol Danvers against this entire group of streets, how many would argue against her?

leonidas
carol? in straight h2h...? confused

shiv
Yes but if the very first opponent in the royal rumble was Carol's shield affiliate love interest she'd stop at 1.

It would be a 1000% in character for her to stop at 1.

Now if the friend were moved further down the line... now there would be an incentive to play along with the Op and clear the gauntlet.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by deathslash

Classic Val hardly ever fought legit martial artists. When he did, he got the upper hand on Batman, while just getting out of a coma.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.