Which MCU's character got the best 1st movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
Which MCU's character/characters got the best 1st movie? Which one did you like the most?

List:
- Captain America
- Iron Man
- Dr. Strange
- Captain Marvel
- Thor
- Black Panther
- Spiderman
- GOTG
- Ant Man

James T. Kirk
I think I'll have to go with Iron Man.

Impediment
Definitely Iron Man.

Josh_Alexander
Am having a hard time here, am undecided with a couple of them.

Sure IM has an advantage, since it was the first movie (adds attachment).

But then you have GOTG who brought a loooottt of fun. Homecoming was very emotional and Keaton did a good job for a Marvel villain.

Captain America stole the hearts of many. Thor, on the other hand, brought a lot of charm to the table, with Loki making one of the best villain portrayals.

Captain Marvel was great and seeing Jackson act as a youngster once again was out of the line.

jaden_2.0
Guardians by a royal mile.

Dr Will Hatch
Iron Man and GOTG are both REALLY close in quality. I'd call it a draw between those two, honestly. Then Black Panther.

Will be seeing Captain Marvel tomorrow. Maybe she'll jump to the top.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Iron Man and GOTG are both REALLY close in quality. I'd call it a draw between those two, honestly. Then Black Panther.

Will be seeing Captain Marvel tomorrow. Maybe she'll jump to the top.

Amazing. Top of the line when visual effects are considered, at least to my opinion.

Arachnid1
Iron Man and Spidey

BrolyBlack
Ironman hands down

Kazenji
Iron man...closely followed by GOTG.

NemeBro
Black Panther, followed by Guardians of the Galaxy.

Jmanghan
Deadpool, and Black Panther.

Kazenji
^ Deadpool's not MCU.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Deadpool's not MCU. How...?

MCU = Anything introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe in recent times?

Kazenji
It's a FOX studio's made movie.

relentless1
Iron Man easy; MCU wouldn't even be a thing without that movie

Emperordmb
GOTG

riv6672
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Am having a hard time here, am undecided with a couple of them.

Sure IM has an advantage, since it was the first movie (adds attachment).

But then you have GOTG who brought a loooottt of fun. Homecoming was very emotional and Keaton did a good job for a Marvel villain.

Captain America stole the hearts of many. Thor, on the other hand, brought a lot of charm to the table, with Loki making one of the best villain portrayals.

Captain Marvel was great and seeing Jackson act as a youngster once again was out of the line.
Yeah, theyve all been really good. Ant man brought an irrevent charm, Doc Strange defined the nature of magic in the MCU, Captain Marvel was a blast from the past...

Undecided.

Khazra Reborn
Iron Man, Doc Strange and Spidey are tied for me.

-Pr-
Iron Man, though Cap's is probably my favourite.

celeyhyga17
Iron Man

cdtm
Red Sonja.

James T. Kirk
Originally posted by cdtm
Red Sonja. https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KeenDistortedHart-small.gif

Impediment
Doctor Strange is a close second.

celeyhyga17
thumb up
Underrated!

Estacado
Captain Marvel.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Estacado
Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel brought a lot of fun. Samuel and the cat made a magnificent combination.

But IDK, in terms of fun GOTG is like no other.

Estacado
Just kiddin Captain Marvel was ok nothing special.

As in character Captain Marvel is one of the most uninteresting characters in MCU history.

Iron Man was really good followed by Gotg and Dr. Strange.

-Pr-
I'm a big fan of Doctor Strange. It's one of the more visually different movies of the MCU, and that's always a plus.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Estacado
Just kiddin Captain Marvel was ok nothing special.

As in character Captain Marvel is one of the most uninteresting characters in MCU history.

Iron Man was really good followed by Gotg and Dr. Strange.

It makes it to my top list. I loved Jackson's performance. The cat was a nice addition too. Sure, Brie had her flaws, but she did a descent job.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm a big fan of Doctor Strange. It's one of the more visually different movies of the MCU, and that's always a plus.

Strange was amazing but I was hoping to see more of Dormammu.

SquallX

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Guardians by a royal mile.
Originally posted by Emperordmb
GOTG

Yup, not even close. thumb up

It surprised everyone and remains extremely re-watchable.

TheIndyJedi
Between Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy for me

steverules_2
Gotta give it to IM, it kickstarted the whole thing off

quanchi112
Gotg.

steverules_2
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gotg.

Cause it had Thanos?

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
Cause it had Thanos? No, just the best first film. Thanos best film is IW. He was the star. Everyone finally saw my favorite character on the big screen in his final form.

steverules_2

quanchi112

steverules_2

quanchi112

steverules_2

steverules_2

TheIndyJedi
I first saw him in an ig comic and I knew it. I collected like crazy as a kid. Starlin was amazing. Both reign supreme in separate mediums. Thanos is my alpha and omega.
Do you not think Thanos is a little bit of a copy of Darkseid?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Do you not think Thanos is a little bit of a copy of Darkseid? No, Darkseid is completely different than Thanos. This is a poor attempt.

ares834
"Kirby had done the New Gods, which I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You'd think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said: 'Beef him up! If you're going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!'"

whistle

steverules_2
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Do you not think Thanos is a little bit of a copy of Darkseid?

Think they have a similar look but different objectives?

quanchi112
So in your own reply he is inspired by Metron not Darkseid. Point proven. There is more to the rest of the article you plagiarized from.

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
Think they have a similar look but different objectives? They are not even remotely similar in look, lore, history or motivations.

ares834
So in your own reply he is inspired by Metron not Darkseid. Point proven. There is more to the rest of the article you plagiarized from.

"in my first".

wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
"in my first".

wink They beefed up a guy who was inspired by metron. The look, lore, history, and motivations are not the same. Saying he is a Darkseid rip off is absurd.

steverules_2

quanchi112

steverules_2
Thanos is purple with a prune chin. I do not think they look anything alike like a major and Black Adam.

Okay yeah after side by side look quite different

Robtard
Iron Man

It's also still my favorite of the MCU.

TheIndyJedi
No, Darkseid is completely different than Thanos. This is a poor attempt.

That's fair. I do agree Thanos is a great villain.

James T. Kirk
Originally posted by Robtard
Iron Man

It's also still my favorite of the MCU. 21 movies into the series now and your favourite is still the 1st? Guess ya mustn't think much of the series overall then.

TheGrat1
Black Panther 9.25
Gotg 9.0
Captain America 9.0
Iron Man 9.0
Strange 8.5
Ant-Man 8.5
Spider-Man 8.0
Thor 6.5

Have not seen Ms. Marvel yet.

steverules_2

cdtm
They are not even remotely similar in look, lore, history or motivations.

Correct.

One is made by a hack, the other by the King of all comics.

WolvesofBabylon
Iron Man and GOTG

quanchi112
Correct.

One is made by a hack, the other by the King of all comics. Thanos has become bigger in culture than anything king ever did outside the niche comic fans. Movies influence culture a helluva lot more then comics ever have. Starlin gave us the greatest character in all of fiction in a Thanos of Titan.

cdtm
Thanos has become bigger in culture than anything king ever did outside the niche comic fans. Movies influence culture a helluva lot more then comics ever have. Starlin gave us the greatest character in all of fiction in a Thanos of Titan.

You're slowing down in your old age, you usually shoot down opposition within a few parsecs. laughing out loud

quanchi112
You're slowing down in your old age, you usually shoot down opposition within a few parsecs. laughing out loud Thanos and I both win.

Surtur
Doctor Strange is #1 for me. Probably cuz I love magical characters. Then I'd say GOTG is #2. Followed by Cap, Black Panther, Iron Man, and Thor.

Surtur
I remember years ago when I was a teenager and I got this thick book and it had bio's of a bunch of Marvel characters and it also listed their powers and had power ratings. Reading that is how I first discovered Thanos, then I went and read Infinity Quest or whatever the series is where he collects the stones, and also the story where he gets the IG.

Then years later he had a solo series, I think it went only 12 issues, but it was good. That's the last I've read about him.

Robtard
Originally posted by James T. Kirk
21 movies into the series now and your favourite is still the 1st? Guess ya mustn't think much of the series overall then.

That's silly logic. Just because I think IM is still the best MCU flick doesn't mean I don't like others a lot as well. The fact there's so many quality comic films in the MCU is why I think it's a great series overall.

eg Empire Strikes Back is still my favorite SW flick, but I still like the series overall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.