Worst movie accents

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Sometimes an actor will be cast as an ethnicity that stretches his ability to come across genuine. What are some of your favorite roles/characters cast by an actor who had a really bad or disingenuous accent? Like Vigo Mortensen as Lali In Carlitos way or Keanu Reeves as Jonathan Harker In Dracula, what are some accents that made you laugh or wonder why they got miscast

Robtard
Kevin Costner in Thirteen Days (2000), he tried to do a Boston accent and he failed; miserably so. In fact, I think Costner might have failed in every accent he's tried.

In general, I find that UK actors excel in foreign accents, compared to American actors.

Dr Will Hatch
TV show, but David Boreanaz had the worst Irish accent ever during Buffy.

On the other hand, James Marsters's English accent was so good I had no idea he was from America.

steverules_2

Robtard

jaden_2.0
yicP7ZEEz1k

Ray Winstone in The Departed is pretty terrible. That bad I don't even know if it's meant to be a Southie accent or not.

Charlie Hunnam in Green Street.
oMBISGl5QkA

In fact Charlie Hunnam in anything. Even in Children of Men his own native Geordie accent sounds fake.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Even in Children of Men his own native Geordie accent sounds fake.

heh

ares834
Brad Pitt's Italian accent in Inglorious Basterds.

Great scene.

Patient_Leech
Keanu Reeves in The Devil's Advocate.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
TV show, but David Boreanaz had the worst Irish accent ever during Buffy.

On the other hand, James Marsters's English accent was so good I had no idea he was from America.

I dunno, for me Boreanaz doesn't compare to Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt or Tommy Lee Jones.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Keanu Reeves in The Devil's Advocate.

This as well as in Dracula.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ares834
Brad Pitt's Italian accent in Inglorious Basterds.

Great scene.

thumb up

TheIndyJedi
Brad Pitt's irish accent in Devil's Own
James Franco's english accent in Your Highness
Benedict Cumberbatch's american accent in Doctor Strange

riv6672

relentless1
Keanu Reeves in Dracula

riv6672
Whoa!

Dreampanther
Anybody trying a South African accent. Except, for some reason, Leonardo DiCappucino. I don't know why, but he did a really good accent in Blood Diamond.

relentless1
Cameron diaz in gangs of new york

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.