"Let go, Luke"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
So just prior to Luke's death in the TLJ novelization, he hears a "familiar" voice that tells him to "let go"... And when he does, Luke peacefully sublimates into the Force, etc.:

https://i.imgur.com/X5s5kwp.jpg

Any thoughts on who might've been conversing with Luke there? Perhaps Yoda..? Maybe Obi-Wan..? Could it have even been Anakin..? Or was the voice just the hallucinations of an old man as he was dying..?

mmm

Zenwolf

Galan007
Yeah, Obi-Wan's voice would be the obvious... But why not just say "Ben" or "Obi-Wan" in that case? /shrug

Personally, I like the Anakin theory. thumb up

Freedon Nadd
Luke from the future, maybe?

One Big Mob
Anakin was telling Jacen to go into oneness to fight the Cosmic Omnipotent God King Onimi, so it'd be a nice little nod to EU to have Anakin guiding his line.

"Kill Yourself Luke"

- The Chosen One

Galan007
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Luke from the future, maybe? This made me lol for some reason.

ares834
Yep. It's a pretty obvious callback to ANH. It's undoubtedly Kenobi.

Tzeentch
Could be nobody at all. As the text says it could just be his memory.

TheIndyJedi
Anakin

Total Warrior

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Galan007
So just prior to Luke's death in the TLJ novelization, he hears a "familiar" voice that tells him to "let go"... And when he does, Luke peacefully sublimates into the Force, etc.:

https://i.imgur.com/X5s5kwp.jpg

Any thoughts on who might've been conversing with Luke there? Perhaps Yoda..? Maybe Obi-Wan..? Could it have even been Anakin..? Or was the voice just the hallucinations of an old man as he was dying..?

mmm

Who cares? Disney "star wars" sucks.

And did you actually waste money on that extra toilet paper book?

The Last Jedi novelization could also be used as:

A paper weight

A doorstop

A beer-coaster (my favorite)

S_W_LeGenD
TBH, Disney ruined the character of Luke Skywalker. I was really excited for the Sequel Trilogy but...

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is the only contribution from Disney which I deeply appreciate.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Galan007
This made me lol for some reason.

Time Travel is massive plot device for stories nowadays.
It wouldn't be surprising at all if it was Luke from an alternate timeline trying to change some massive events via small butterfly effects.

Geistalt
That's not going to happen. They threw away the character of Luke altogether to make way for Rey. They expressed their intent through Kylo Ren: "Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to."

Bentley
I think they should go blazing canons with mysticism by resurrecting Luke but having him not engage Kylo on purpose.

TheNuisanceBird
It should be Anakin.

Bentley
I have played in my head several scenarios about Anakin surviving his fall from grace and going into a quest to redemption but it really goes against the growth of the character who literally went from "trying to solve everything himself" to "actually changing his mind"

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Bentley
I have played in my head several scenarios about Anakin surviving his fall from grace and going into a quest to redemption but it really goes against the growth of the character who literally went from "trying to solve everything himself" to "actually changing his mind"

True.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.