Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/22/vampire-bloodlines-2-demo-preview-reveal

I've heard good things about the first and it's been in my backlog for some while. I'm interested.

8jn5BWJd3SU

Utrigita
Same. I really enjoyed the first, but I doubt they can reproduce the feeling but I truly hope so big grin

ares834

Surtur
*orgasms*

NemeBro
The first was utterly fantastic. If it was just a bit less of an unpolished clunky piece of shit and if the final stages of the game were a bit better it would be perfect.

Surtur
Sad thing is, if this game is even half as good as the first game it will still be superior to most modern games.

Also, they better f*cking have Smiling Jack.

NemeBro
It was better than most games out when it came out too.

Gaming was not any better back then, and in a lot of ways it was worse. Don't believe the meme.

And I'm personally holding out hope that we can play as Sabbat clans as well as Camarilla. Being a Tziscime or however you spell it would be dope.

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro

Gaming was not any better back then, and in a lot of ways it was worse. Don't believe the meme.

And I'm personally holding out hope that we can play as Sabbat clans as well as Camarilla. Being a Tziscime or however you spell it would be dope.

Oh I know gaming was not better. The things people can do with games these days are amazing. However, this is more about how a game *feels*. The atmosphere of the first game was part of what made it good. I was hoping an Antediluvian should show up though. In the source material they had to use magical nukes and then amplified sunlight to kill one that was weakened. I'm also aware of the rumors the cab driver was Caine or a Malkavian.

Speaking of Malkavians, a friend of mine told me he read that you won't be able to play as them, but he can't remember where he read it. Though personally I will of course be playing as Tremere(if it's included).

Reading more about it, you play as a thin blood that is a result of a mass turning that was done in public. Interesting, they were quite weak in the first game. Pretty sure I convinced one to kill themselves.

Surtur
Brujah:

mhgZCv6XwfY

Tremere:

K-Hfkm_fA28

Toreador:

DY7XEWwCXNk

Surtur
Thin Bloods:

sAYNevZMITY

Ventrue:

JtuRwOi6S_Q

Arachnid1
That looks fkn dope

Hopefully the first one goes on sale soon so I can pick it up. Not playing the second before I do.

KingD19
You start Thin Blooded and are brought into a clan later, giving you TB powers as well as whatever clan you join up with.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
You start Thin Blooded and are brought into a clan later, giving you TB powers as well as whatever clan you join up with.

Are you sure? Because they are treating it like a separate clan when they discuss it.

Surtur
There was a rumor at one point they wouldn't be in the game, but they are here:

Malkavian- Never ending, never silent, never alone

zEbiJ3n6WA8

So this is the final clan for the game, I guess a lot of people thought it would be Nosferatu or Gangrel. I gotta admit Gangrel were really fun to play as in the first game. Of course it is still possible that DLC for the game will add more clans.

Nibedicus

-Pr-
xJh-m1qWcm0

Estacado
Damn I havent played the first but I have been waiting for a vampire RPG for god knows how long....

NemeBro
Originally posted by Surtur
There was a rumor at one point they wouldn't be in the game, but they are here:

Malkavian- Never ending, never silent, never alone

zEbiJ3n6WA8

So this is the final clan for the game, I guess a lot of people thought it would be Nosferatu or Gangrel. I gotta admit Gangrel were really fun to play as in the first game. Of course it is still possible that DLC for the game will add more clans. No nosferatu? Dropped.

Surtur
No nosferatu? Dropped.

Could added in DLC. Or with mods.

Surtur
Originally posted by Estacado
Damn I havent played the first but I have been waiting for a vampire RPG for god knows how long....

You should definitely give the first a try. It's on steam.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Estacado

Vampyr is pretty cool.

Surtur
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Vampyr is pretty cool.

Lol it is and I admit...I'm towards the end, but I guess I ate too many people?

Legit..just roaming the streets powerful vampires try to murderize me.

I just ate folk. Why is this wrong sad

-Pr-
Decent bit of gameplay:

zPnDlx7d6Mo

Arachnid1
That dude needs to work on his speech. Pauses are better than uuhs.

Anyway, the AI looks a little retarded but the game still looks phenomenal. I'm waiting on the first to go on sale but the second it does I'll grab it and give it a playthrough or two before this comes out.

Surtur
The first game really is awesome.

Arachnid1
For anyone interested, the first is on sale for ten dollars rn

Surtur
Hmmm

Vampire The Masquerade 2 to Include Trigger Warnings

-Pr-
Delayed until next year:

https://twitter.com/VtM_Bloodlines/status/1293064749157167105

BackFire
Some bad news for this title. Both the lead writer and creative director have been fired.

-Pr-
Saw that. Wonder what happened, considering at least one of them, iirc, worked on the original.

Surtur
Yeah, the writing is on the wall.

I'll pass on the game until I see it in the equivalent of the bargain bin: on some steam sale.

The game was SUPPOSED to be released in December. All the writing should have been done.

I swear this better not be some woke shit. The signs of it infecting this game have been there for the last year or so.

Now if it's to fix the wokeness inserted? Okay good.

BackFire

Surtur
Jesus christ it's supposed to be dark.

This is a setting where merely not going insane is considered a win.

Surtur
I mean it's literally called the World of Darkness.

BackFire
Yeah. Just a rumor so take it with a grain of salt.

Surtur
I mean okay but with their past bullshit about trigger warnings and all this I think these fruitcakes would be sad enough that your reason is the actual reason

BackFire

Surtur
Damn right you should play the original. Great game.

Make sure you install the unofficial patch though. I do think it is automatically included with the steam version though.

BackFire
Damn right you should play the original. Great game.

Make sure you install the unofficial patch though. I do think it is automatically included with the steam version though.

How much does it cost on steam these days? Probably pretty cheap yeah?

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
How much does it cost on steam these days? Probably pretty cheap yeah?

I guess it depends on how you define "cheap". It's $19.99.

If that is too much then you could always keep an eye out for a sale. But it is worth it. And make sure you get the unofficial patch too. It fixes things and restores certain items and features that weren't active when the game shipped(like choosing a history for your character). The reason is because towards the end of development the game was rushed out.

Speaking of that, because of that the final couple hours of the game are more combat heavy than they might have been if given more time. I only point this out because you can create a character who barely has to lift a finger and can make people do things, etc. There are a lot of ways to avoid a fight, until the end. So make your character one that is decent at combat. My character was a blood mage so I was fine.

BackFire

Surtur
And now the senior narrative designer has left the project.

They really are gonna just f*ck this up aren't they?

Arachnid1
And now the senior narrative designer has left the project.

They really are gonna just f*ck this up aren't they? If this wasn't bad enough, they just hired Samantha Wallschlaeger as the new lead narrative designer. She wrote Mass Effect Andromeda.

My hype for this game tanks more and more every time I hear some awful news concerning its development. It went from a day 1 buy to a deep sale, just like that. Fck.

Surtur
I went from really looking forward to this game to dreading it.

A good game could have revitalized the series and produced multiple sequels. This doesn't sound like it will do that.

Surtur
Lol

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 delayed indefinitely

Trocity
Seeing a Samantha Wallschlaeger game fail makes me so happy.

cdtm

Nah.

The shite to gold ratio may have been comparable, but the sheer variety was loads better. They were more willing to take risks,. and the focus was strictly on the content.

Nowadays its more about just taking what works and turning it into a massive mmo, and nickling and diming people for different colored clothes.

The dlc and loot box stuff was at least balanced out by the fact Mass Effect and Skyrim were genuinely good games, unlike the cesspools of Andromeda, Fallout 76, Fallout 4 (And from the looks of it the Cyberpunk game is a bit disappointing..)

Smasandian
I liked how you called Fallout 4 a cesspool. I can understand some people not liking it as much as the previous games but Fallout 4 is far from being a cesspool of a game. If your idea of cesspool is Fallout 4 then I wonder you dealt with the countless amounts of LJN shit titles.

But I assume you have never played it...and there is no loot boxes in Fallout 4. There is DLC but they are substantial.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I liked how you called Fallout 4 a cesspool. I can understand some people not liking it as much as the previous games but Fallout 4 is far from being a cesspool of a game. If your idea of cesspool is Fallout 4 then I wonder you dealt with the countless amounts of LJN shit titles.

But I assume you have never played it...and there is no loot boxes in Fallout 4. There is DLC but they are substantial. cdtm is a troll that needs to be banned asap.

cdtm

But I assume you have never played it...and there is no loot boxes in Fallout 4. There is DLC but they are substantial.

That was a random list of bad games and problems with modern gaming in general.

Arachnid1
They're replacing the entire god damn developing team

Holy shit, legit lol

cdtm

StyleTime
Originally posted by cdtm
The shite to gold ratio may have been comparable, but the sheer variety was loads better. They were more willing to take risks,. and the focus was strictly on the content.
Nah. That's true for most AAA titles, but not for gaming in general. I'd argue we're in the best time ever if you want experimental, artsy, or just classically fun games. There's so many platforms, and it's so easy to find them now.

It's why I encourage folks to explore indie games, especially if they feel unsatisfied with the current big name franchises.

Smasandian
I find indie and AAA games very comparable in terms of risk tasking.While I agree AAA games can be less risky but I also find indie titles can also be bland.

I think it's just a product of the sure amount of quality developers out there...be it AAA to smaller indie.

cdtm
Indie's don't count. stick out tongue

Couldn't agree more. Shovel Knight is the best Megaman game in the past two decades. Hollow Knight is in house Nintendo quality.

It's just like with professional wrestling, WWE was shite but we had Chikara.

If you were lucky enough to have them come around.

Surtur
Originally posted by Trocity
Seeing a Samantha Wallschlaeger game fail makes me so happy.

Yeah, but I really loved the first game(i love the world of darkness and i think it is the only WoD game to truly capture the feel of it). So I was really looking forward to it but it just seems that BS and maybe even politics helped derail it, I don't know.

It's a shame. There is a lot of potential.

StyleTime
I find indie and AAA games very comparable in terms of risk tasking.While I agree AAA games can be less risky but I also find indie titles can also be bland.

I think it's just a product of the sure amount of quality developers out there...be it AAA to smaller indie.
Oh, I don't mean to sound anti-AAA games. I play and enjoy plenty of them myself, and agree that indie titles don't always push creative boundaries. I don't even think being creative or experimental is required to be good. I just meant that you'll find the types of games I mentioned more often in the indie space than you will in the AAA space. I don't think it's particularly comparable either. You won't see a game like Flower or weirdness like Octodad in the AAA world. Or even Concrete Genie.

When I see someone rip on modern gaming, it's usually because they're looking at a very narrow line of games they didn't like. It's very similar to folks ripping on modern music. If's fine if you don't have mainstream tastes, but it's not a knock on the medium. It just means you're searching through the wrong channels.

Doesn't make AAA games bad of course. They can't go off the wall as often though, due to needing to hit financial goals.
Originally posted by cdtm
Indie's don't count. stick out tongue

Couldn't agree more. Shovel Knight is the best Megaman game in the past two decades. Hollow Knight is in house Nintendo quality.
Mega Man 11 is pretty solid. Inexpensive too.

Yeah Hollow Knight rocks. And Shantae is a great example of a somewhat grassroots success story too. It was just some obscure Gameboy Color title from a no-name studio forced to do licensed properties to make ends meet. They doubled down and revived the series due to fan interest, even funding an entry through Kickstarter. Now, they're 5 games in with Shantae and the Seven Sirens and the franchise is considered a mainstay of the modern Metroidvania genre. I love seeing stories like that. thumb up

It's actually become somewhat of a "premium" indie title. The price point has risen a bit on each title. Slightly below Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, which is another success story.

cdtm
want to get a Shantae, just not sure where to start.

Smasandian
Originally posted by StyleTime
Oh, I don't mean to sound anti-AAA games. I play and enjoy plenty of them myself, and agree that indie titles don't always push creative boundaries. I don't even think being creative or experimental is required to be good. I just meant that you'll find the types of games I mentioned more often in the indie space than you will in the AAA space. I don't think it's particularly comparable either. You won't see a game like Flower or weirdness like Octodad in the AAA world. Or even Concrete Genie.

When I see someone rip on modern gaming, it's usually because they're looking at a very narrow line of games they didn't like. It's very similar to folks ripping on modern music. If's fine if you don't have mainstream tastes, but it's not a knock on the medium. It just means you're searching through the wrong channels.

Doesn't make AAA games bad of course. They can't go off the wall as often though, due to needing to hit financial goals.

Makes sense. I do hope some AAA developers take a bit of a risk..but I also find when they do, there is a higher chance of being skewered if the risk doesn't pay off. As gamers, we are not always agreeable to when developers change popular titles. Just look at Assassins Creed, they change the game up because people were complaining every game is the same. Yet...they do so...and now people are complaining its not Assassins Creed enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.