Venom: Let there be Carnage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
So obviously we'll get Carnage but will we get rated R? Probably not cause parents will kick up a fuss

Patient_Leech
I'm not interested unless they go R-rated. At least I certainly won't buy a theater ticket, I mean.

The first one suffered greatly from PG-13 rating and too much budget, imo.

steverules_2
First one was gonna be a rated R but then parents started crying so Sony lowered the rating. Credit to Fox they stuck to their guns and kept Deadpool rated R including the sequel. Wish Sony had at least released a rated R Blu-ray/DVD .

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
First one was gonna be a rated R but then parents started crying so Sony lowered the rating...

I never heard that. I heard the director say something like, "Well, we didn't want to leave out any fans, blah blah..."

But yeah, it was teased as being R-rated for a while, I knew that.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I never heard that. I heard the director say something like, "Well, we didn't want to leave out any fans, blah blah..."

But yeah, it was teased as being R-rated for a while, I knew that.

I thought it was gonna be rated R and they changed it

Hopefully this one is rated R, wanna see Carnage going phucking mental

Estacado
Hope it will be better than the 1st.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Estacado
Hope it will be better than the 1st.

Thought you liked the first?

Patient_Leech
I thought it was gonna be rated R and they changed it

Hopefully this one is rated R, wanna see Carnage going phucking mental

I highly doubt they'll go R-rated since the first was so successful with PG-13.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but very surprised. jawdrop

Hell, they don't even want to release an Unrated version.

Are all the deleted scenes on the blu-ray?

Estacado
Thought you liked the first?
It was ok they draged the begining out for way too long...Imo.

Even as a Venom fan I would rate it a 7/10 if I didnt like him so much it would be a 6/10.

Darth Thor
^ Fans are usually harsher than general audiences tbh.

steverules_2
I highly doubt they'll go R-rated since the first was so successful with PG-13.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but very surprised. jawdrop

Hell, they don't even want to release an Unrated version.

Are all the deleted scenes on the blu-ray?

I'm not sure, there's probably deleted scenes but none of them would be anything special. I think they extended the Cletus interview.

I'm sure there were meant to be scenes where you actually see Venom full on biting heads off but obviously can't have that in a PG-13

Patient_Leech
I'm not sure, there's probably deleted scenes but none of them would be anything special. I think they extended the Cletus interview.

I'm sure there were meant to be scenes where you actually see Venom full on biting heads off but obviously can't have that in a PG-13

Yeah, that and I think I heard Tom Hardy say that all his favorite stuff ended up on the cutting room floor, like 40 or 45 minutes worth of footage.

It was ok they draged the begining out for way too long...Imo.

Even as a Venom fan I would rate it a 7/10 if I didnt like him so much it would be a 6/10.

I actually liked all the setup stuff. I really enjoyed getting to know Eddie Brock and Tom Hardy was great. It was when all the lame PG-13 action and goofy, darkly lit CGI came that I stopped caring.

steverules_2
Yeah, that and I think I heard Tom Hardy say that all his favorite stuff ended up on the cutting room floor, like 40 or 45 minutes worth of footage.

Doesn't surprise me

BruceSkywalker
i can see an r rated director's cut/extended cut for blu ray but the theatrical version will be pg-13

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i can see an r rated director's cut/extended cut for blu ray but the theatrical version will be pg-13

lol, but they didn't even do that for Venom 1. From what I understand the director refused to do it.

I think the studio is probably afraid people will realize how much better it would have been with all the cut R-rated footage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carthage

Robtard
So obviously we'll get Carnage but will we get rated R? Probably not cause parents will kick up a fuss

Can't see it going R now. First one made 855million, so they'll stick to the formulae.

Hopefully they both push the PG-13 envelope as far as they can with some proper violence and they make a good film, last one was just okay.

NemeBro
Maybe when the next movie comes out he will get some feats so he won't be effortlessly bodied by Aquaman. thumb up

Tzeentch
Am I wrong for not wanting Woody Harrelson to be Carnage? I have nothing against him, but the dude is 60 years old.

NemeBro
Woody as Carnage sounds hilarious imho.

Tzeentch
Here you go kid https://youtu.be/xUFTQafdmos

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Am I wrong for not wanting Woody Harrelson to be Carnage? I have nothing against him, but the dude is 60 years old.

Age doesn't matter too much with what they can do with CGI and he can pull off crazy pretty well, so overall I think he'll do it right with proper writing and directing.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Here you go kid https://youtu.be/xUFTQafdmos

Love how he's written "Hello Eddie" with poop on his cell wall

Kazenji
Better give him a better red wig for the sequel, He looked like Ronald McDonald in that post credit's scene.

BruceSkywalker
lol, but they didn't even do that for Venom 1. From what I understand the director refused to do it.

I think the studio is probably afraid people will realize how much better it would have been with all the cut R-rated footage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

well anything is possible..... of course you know folks will complain that the film should r rated.. personally i could care less as i just want to see a good film

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Better give him a better red wig for the sequel, He looked like Ronald McDonald in that post credit's scene.

laughing out loud You're right, he did. laughing out loud

well anything is possible..... of course you know folks will complain that the film should r rated.. personally i could care less as i just want to see a good film

But it wasn't a good film precisely because of the PG-13 rating and inflated budget. The last act turned to shit.

steverules_2
laughing out loud You're right, he did. laughing out loud

But it wasn't a good film precisely because of the PG-13 rating and inflated budget. The last act turned to shit.

I didn't like the Riot fight, couldn't really see what was happening

Patient_Leech
I didn't like the Riot fight, couldn't really see what was happening

Exactly.

Darth Thor
Well this was another one where they weee on a limited budget for the first film. Given how much it made, the sequel is bound to have better/longer effects and action sequences.

TheIndyJedi
Ugh they are seriously going to tone Carnage down if the film is going to be PG-13

Arachnid1
Hope it will be better than the 1st. I wouldn't count on it.

Kazenji
Andy Serkis is up for possible director for the sequel

Travis Knight, and Rupert Wyatt are also on the list.

riv6672
of course you know folks will complain that the film should r rated..
heh heh...yeah i know at least one. smile

personally i could care less as i just want to see a good film
Same. Thats all that matters.

Oliver Brown
The audience is expecting a lot more from the second part. And I'm too curious about the plot of the movie.

Kazenji
Andy Serkis is locked in for the sequel to direct it.

steverules_2
Seems like a random choice

Kazenji
Anyone know what Serkis's Mowgli film was like ?

steverules_2

Kazenji
Shriek to be in the sequel, Naomie Harris (28 days later, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3) is in talks for the role.

steverules_2
So what Foz did with Domino in DP2 Sony is doing with Shriek Venom 2

carthage
Movie is definitely heading in the right direction

steverules_2
So what Fox did with Domino in DP2 Sony is doing with Shriek Venom 2

Edited

Kazenji
^ Didn't really bother me with Domino in DP 2, It was still like the character despite not having the white skin

who know's Sony might actually give Naomie Harris the white skin, Just have to wait and see.

steverules_2
Didn't bother me either, I enjoyed her as Domino but I just wondered if sony were doing something similar. Only thing I ever saw Naomie in was 28 days later

BruceSkywalker
Didn't bother me either, I enjoyed her as Domino but I just wondered if sony were doing something similar. Only thing I ever saw Naomie in was 28 days later

she also has been in the last 3 Bond films

Kazenji
And also last years Rampage movie.

steverules_2

Estacado
So they wrapped up filming not long ago...

Also here is a pic of Woody as Cletus....

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/ae5PWVj_460swp.webp

StiltmanFTW
@Esta

Do we know for sure if it's gonna be R-rated?

As they lied to us about Venom's r-rating, too.

steverules_2
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
@Esta

Well venom was R rated at first but then got edited to bump it down to PG13?

Robtard
Venom was R at first.

From what I've read, if Disney-Marvel didn't secure Spider-Man for more films, Venom 2 was likely going to be R-Rated. Now that SM is back in, it's far more likely they'll go with PG-13 again, with the hope of bringing the characters together in a later film.

Kazenji
Can still do alot with PG-13, It's just most director's these days are pussy's not wanting to push things.

Estacado
@Esta

No idea tbh...

Release date is October I think...

Estacado
DC6godFFABw

ShadowFyre
Nice find estacado

They shouldn't bring Toxin in yet, he wasn't born till years later anyway.

Patient_Leech
Yay, more lame, inappropriate PG-13 action.

Estacado
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Nice find estacado

They shouldn't bring Toxin in yet, he wasn't born till years later anyway.
They should keep him for Venom 3.

ShadowFyre
To be honest, even bringing Spiderman in at this point just feels awkward. Like ass to mouth

Stringer

Kazenji
Yay, more lame, inappropriate PG-13 action.

Yeah...Because make it R rated for the sake of it means instant success.

Kazenji
^ Meanwhile yes, It could do with it because of the addition of Cletus / Carnage.

Impediment
-ezfi6FQ8Ds

-Pr-
Of all the songs to use...

At least the bad guy is a different colour symbiote this time.

Any word on who the woman is in the cell?

Impediment

steverules_2

Estacado
I like.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Any word on who the woman is in the cell?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/f9/2a/6df92a68beb45c40dade957a02864e81.jpg

Jmanghan
Can't ****ing wait.

-Pr-

steverules_2

Estacado
Movie is being directed by Andy Serkis.

steverules_2

jaden_2.0
Personally don't give a fu[k if it's R rated or not. Just want it to not be as sh1t as the first attempt.

The trailer doesn't give me any hope that it will be.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Personally don't give a fu Venom was an awesome movie though.

Had me laughing through-out and really enjoyed the fight scenes.

jaden_2.0
For me it came across as they didn't know whether they wanted a funny or a serious movie so straddled between them and so neither aspect worked.

I also thought Riz Ahmed was terrible in it which is strange because he's an excellent actor. I particularly liked him in Four Lions and The Night Of.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-

At least the bad guy is a different colour symbiote this time.

Riot?...he was suppose to a grey colour.

Movie is being directed by Andy Serkis.

What's he like as a director?..i haven't seen his previous films that he has directed

as for this film i'm looking forward to it, I liked the first Venom movie and no it was far from a perfect movie and not every movie neeeds to be.

Estacado
Not to much to see here As far As his director work goes...

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0785227/filmotype?ref_=m_nm_flmg

Kazenji
Wonder how good are his previous films tho.

riv6672
Woody Harrelson as Carnage.
Whoever came up w. that bit of casting deserves a raise, though.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Venom was an awesome movie though.

Had me laughing through-out and really enjoyed the fight scenes.

Same.

Was very nicely surprised when I saw it as wa expecting it to be garbage and crapping on it for weeks/months before its release lol

For me it came across as they didn't know whether they wanted a funny or a serious movie so straddled between them and so neither aspect worked.

Dark comedy. Had bits of horror but was definitely more fun than dark.

StiltmanFTW
I want this scene to happen on screen:

https://www.denofgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/venom_life_foundation_lethal_protector.jpg

steverules_2
I hope the Venom/Carnage fight is better than the Venom/Riot fight

StiltmanFTW
I hope the Venom/Carnage fight is better than the Venom/Riot fight

The less said about the latter, the better...

Patient_Leech
It still doesn't look very good. Sadly.

If it's not R-rated with better lit scenes, then I think I'll hard pass on this.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Dark comedy. Had bits of horror but was definitely more fun than dark.

Jokes about eating people isn't dark comedy unless you're a 10 year old boy.

Recent actual dark comedy would be things like The Hunt, Parasite, Jojo Rabbit and even Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. (Actually make that any of Martin McDonagh's films)

Kazenji
It still doesn't look very good. Sadly.

If it's not R-rated with better lit scenes, then I think I'll hard pass on this.

Yeah its gonna be bullshit if it's not R-rated, With what happens in Cletus's backstory.

Patient_Leech
It's kind of bullshit that in this current semi-Renaissance of R-rated blockbusters they end up fu#king over Venom with mediocre PG-13, studio-controlled adaptations.

Kazenji
It's kind of bullshit that in this current semi-Renaissance of R-rated blockbusters they end up fu#king over Venom with mediocre PG-13, studio-controlled adaptations.

Yeah, Lets make it as kid friendly as possible, Meanwhile Cletus killed his grandmother by pushing her down a flight of stairs and then tries to murder his mother by dropping a hairdryer into her bathtub, and tortured and killed his mother's dog with a drill

what a great character for kids.

Darth Thor
Jokes about eating people isn't dark comedy unless you're a 10 year old boy.

Eating people is dark. But it made people laugh. Hence dark comedy imo.

Regardless whether it works for you or not, it clearly does know what it is and worked for most people from what I can tell.

There are legit criticisms to be said towards this franchise, but your issue isnt one of them IMO.

HumbleServant
Is Carnage supposed to be more powerful than riot

rudester
Who playing Venom?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by rudester
Who playing Venom?

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/2/5/customsig_138325_vx.gif

StiltmanFTW
Eating people is dark.

Slowly eating people, crazy cannibals or zombies style, yes.

Swallowing them in a cartoonish style, taking a whole second? No.

Venom needed to be R-rated, but Sony chickened out, as always. They might chicken out again.

Kazenji
Then again take a look at how many films Wolverine got until a studio decided to do a R-rated movie for him

most of these studio's still think alot of Marvel character's are aimed at kids.

Estacado
Originally posted by rudester
Who playing Venom?
Eddie Brock.

Patient_Leech
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/2/5/customsig_138325_vx.gif

laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Slowly eating people, crazy cannibals or zombies style, yes.

Swallowing them in a cartoonish style, taking a whole second? No.

Venom needed to be R-rated, but Sony chickened out, as always. They might chicken out again.

I reckon they wanted to make it compatible with the MCU.

rudester
Eddie Brock.

Tom Hardy

jaden_2.0
Eating people is dark. But it made people laugh. Hence dark comedy imo.

Regardless whether it works for you or not, it clearly does know what it is and worked for most people from what I can tell.

There are legit criticisms to be said towards this franchise, but your issue isnt one of them IMO.

Is it not?

OK then.

tkitna
I have little to no interest in this movie, but I hope its good. My Spiderman 361 newsstand is rocking right now. If it jumps just a little more i'm selling.

Darth Thor
Is it not?

OK then.

Critics were clearly on a completely different page to mainstream audiences on that film.

So posting professional critics doesnt make it a legit criticism. In this case it just means youre with the minority opinion.

Anyway all film/art is subjective so bad choice of words on my part.

jaden_2.0
"Mainstream audiences" also like reality TV and manufactured pop music. Maybe looking to them for what constitutes good isn't a great idea.

Darth Thor
"Mainstream audiences" also like reality TV and manufactured pop music. Maybe looking to them for what constitutes good isn't a great idea.

As opposed to critics who liked Superman Returns and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ?

For a film I havent seen I would personally personally trust the majority over a handful of people who claim to have superior taste.

That said I make up my own mind, and I found your criticism of the film odd. But hey if it didnt work for you then it didnt work for you. All film is subjective. So Feel free to miss the sequel, but ill be watching for sure.

roughrider
I still don't want to encourage these films from Sony, because it's enabling them in their efforts to keep Spider Man and not let Disney get the full rights.

I say that while acknowledging Spider Man: Into The Spider Verse was one of the best of 2018.

Still...

jaden_2.0
Yes critics often like complete garbage too.

Perhaps enjoyment of films like Venom are tied to people's knowledge of the source material. I don't read comics so I judge the films on their own merit.

I probably dislike it out of disappointment more than anything. Tom Hardy is one of the best actors working today. Had high hopes for it.

Hopefully Andy Serkis can do a better job of it.

Patient_Leech
I agree with jaden. Venom 1 was a mess. Tonally and even the action was poorly executed.

So I have little to no hope in this one, but with Andy Serkis involved I will still keep an eye on it.

jaden_2.0
The thing is it's not like you can't mix brutal OTT violence and gore with comedy and still have a coherent tone. He Never Died is my favourite example. Starship Troopers, Fright Night, Cabin in the Woods. All great examples.

carthage
Trailer 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmWuCgJmxo&pp=sAQA

ShadowFyre
Beat me to it. Carnage looks great imo

playa1258
Nice me like.

carthage

Estacado
Im a huge Venom fan.

Thought the 1st was kinda meh...

This trailer is hype though!!!!

ShadowFyre
Yes. He used them quite often. Venom could to in the punisher what if

Darth Thor
That looks awesome.

riv6672
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Beat me to it. Carnage looks great imo
Agreed.
That was why I liked the Venom movie. Faults aside they nailed the visual to the wall.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by riv6672
Agreed.
That was why I liked the Venom movie. Faults aside they nailed the visual to the wall.

There is two shots that stand out in the church. When Cletus changes looks amazing and when Carnage is in front of the stained glass like some kinda ****ed up Jesus

steverules_2

BruceSkywalker
watched the trailer... this looks okay.. hopefully better the the first one

riv6672

ShadowFyre
Venoms symbiote covers him and Carnages like morphs him

Patient_Leech
Uh, it still doesn't look that great. The trailer is well done, but the movie still looks mediocre at best.

jaden_2.0
Uh, it still doesn't look that great. The trailer is well done, but the movie still looks mediocre at best.

And I was thinking it was gonna have to be me that said it, as usual.

Kazenji
Carnage has done it plenty of times, There's even a panel of him throwing an axe that he's created.

Kazenji
Ugh...wonky edit button, guess i'll have to double post then

as for this movie, I'll still go see it but the trailer hasn't exactly hyped me up.

riv6672

Darth Thor
I take it most you guys arent a fan of the humour.

riv6672
What humor?

Darth Thor
What humor?

Got it.

I personally laughed my ass off in the first one. Loved that film.

carthage

SquallX
I take it most you guys arent a fan of the humour.

Humors not bad, overuses of humor is though.

The first Venom was okay, it should have been dark and gritty, but instead they went for the pg13 angle instead. It payed off, but the film was lacking.

Hopefully the humor in this one is tone down.

riv6672

Darth Thor

riv6672
Ah right. I just think a large part of why Venom worked was that dark comedy between the Symbiote and Eddie.

And yeah the fact that Venom was portrayed well in terms of the visuals.

This one looks like it's doing everything that worked from the first.
I was actually going to use the term dark humor.
Not sure how Hardy was doing his lines w. a cgi character but it was some good rapport in the final product.

Darth Thor
I was actually going to use the term dark humor.
Not sure how Hardy was doing his lines w. a cgi character but it was some good rapport in the final product.

thumb up

Patient_Leech

CoolBlackKnight
These Venom movies aren't for me I guess. I just don't find them funny or interesting.

But for those that do, enjoy.

Kazenji
Looks like us Australians & New Zealanders have to wait until October to see this movie now

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2021/08/venom-2-let-there-be-carnage-release-date-australia-new-zealand/

riv6672

Kazenji
Seems like the October release date is everywhere now

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/venom-2-delayed-to-october/

Darth Thor
Yeah was gonna say last trailer didnt show release date. Probably pushed due to Delta variant.

Estacado
Wasnt the tongue thing Venom's habbit?

Cant remember Carnage doing it...

Old Man Whirly!
Wasnt the tongue thing Venom's habbit?

Cant remember Carnage doing it... think they both did, but I remember Venom more doing it.

Estacado
Oh phuck the release date is the 15th of October. sad

BruceSkywalker
gonna see with real low epectations

Kazenji
Movie could be delayed until Jan 2022

https://www.gamesradar.com/venom-2-could-be-delayed-to-january-2022/

Kazenji
The movie is PG-13 after all

https://screenrant.com/venom-2-carnage-movie-rating-pg-13-updates/

BruceSkywalker
film shoulda been r rated

Darth Thor

Estacado
So going by the New the spot Cletus gets the symbiote by biting Eddie.

Estacado
The runtime is 90 minutes.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>