Morrowind is free today

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/25/18280778/morrowind-free-elder-scrolls-25th-anniversary

Good game if you use mods.

Jmanghan
You could've posted this in gaming deals and sales.

like I just did, lol.

Surtur
Heh, I saw it after I posted this, but then again this is a one day deal so it warrants it's own thread, just in case others don't check the other one.

ares834

cdtm
PC gamers and their modding.

If you have to add "when heavily modded" as a caveat, then maybe the game wasn't so good to begin with.

I see it all the time with Skyrim and Fallout, too. It's like absolutely no plays them out of the box, or plays it on a console.

Kazenji
There's also times where people create patches to finish off the game, Because the publisher pushed the game out half baked.

ares834
Originally posted by cdtm
PC gamers and their modding.

If you have to add "when heavily modded" as a caveat, then maybe the game wasn't so good to begin with.

I see it all the time with Skyrim and Fallout, too. It's like absolutely no plays them out of the box, or plays it on a console.

No. Back in the day, the game was amazing without mods. However, it is dated so mods are highly recommended (mainly ones to improve upon graphics).

As for Skyrim and Fallout, both games were good without mods. But if you are playing on PC there is no reason to not improve upon the experience by using mods.

Surtur

ares834
Yeah, the spell creation was quite broken. What was really broken though was alchemy.

You could create something called "Fortify Intelligence Potion" to temporarily increase intelligence. And since potions power and duration is based on intelligence, by creating another Fortify Intelligence Potion after using one the new potion would be stronger. This creates an infinite loop and before long you could be creating potions that increase your stats thousands or even millions of times while lasting basically forever.

NemeBro

ares834
I plan not to every time. But I'm too weak and it's too fun to do so I always give into the temptation.

Surtur
Once I beat the game and had done all the quests I wanted I decided to just kill everything. I created a potion to weaken myself so I could catch a disease and I became a vampire. After that, I just went and slaughtered everyone in the game. If you kill the king you get a ring that makes you immune to all magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.