MCU: Phase 5 and Beyond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage

Impediment
Doctor Doom needs to be the next central villain of the MCU, with the methodical inclusion of the Fantastic Four.

Doom, IMO, is a far better villain than Thanos. Not saying Thanos isn't bad ass, but Doom is more interesting.

If not him, then do Secret Invasion with the Skrulls.

Eon Blue
Adam Warlock and the new cosmic affairs his appearance heralds.

The crossover material is abundant and should be used to create a true nexus for upcoming works.

Surtur
I hope they try to work Sentry into it.

Eon Blue

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Impediment
Doctor Doom needs to be the next central villain of the MCU, with the methodical inclusion of the Fantastic Four.

Doom, IMO, is a far better villain than Thanos. Not saying Thanos isn't bad ass, but Doom is more interesting.

If not him, then do Secret Invasion with the Skrulls. Agreed. It doesn't get any better than Doom as far as comic villains go, so he seems like the obvious choice now that he's an option. It's gonna be hard to top Doom in phase 6 though.

Also kind of irrelevant, but I hope they find a good way to make the Maximoff twins Magnetos children now that mutants are an option (I know the comics changed their parentage and mutanthood, but that's a stupid retcon to fall in line with the movies) and maybe retcon Quicksilvers death (that was a waste IMO).

steverules_2

Ridley_Prime
Though I expect theyll focus on Magneto first on the X-Men side of things like usual, proper buildup and execution of Apocalypse and his acolytes would go a long way for another big villain in addition to Doom.

Arachnid1

Insane Titan

Eon Blue
^ thumb up

Eon Blue

ares834
Scale and impact aren't what make a villain good. Smaller stakes can be every bit as compelling.

With that said, I don't think Doom's plans can truly be called smaller in scale when considering stuff like Secret Wars.

Inhuman
Galactus will mostly be the "villain" in a Surfer movie. Starting off as Norin's master/mentor and then Surfer turning on him.

Now with the Fox acquisition , these are some of the characters they could use....

X-Men, X-force, X-factor, any mutants
Fantastic four
Galactus
Silver surfer
Adam warlock
Annihilus
Sentry
Gladiator
Quasar
Nova
Namor
Dr Doom
All the heralds of Galactus
Deadpool
Alpha Flight
Captain Britain
The Savage land
Kang the conqueror
Mister Sinister
Onslaught
Franklin Richards
Kang
Mephisto
Blackheart
Modok
Etc,etc

BruceSkywalker
Doctor Doom, Sentry.. Warlock who should still be introduced in GOTG vol 3 ..

T'will be interesting to see how the FF and X-Men get introduced..

Norrin Radd, Firelord and Air Walker

The one true Nova AKA Richard Rider..

Namor, if something can be worked out with Universal

A better version of Blaze and then Ketch Ghost Rider

Iron Fist...

more of the Celestials..

hoping Thanos will be in The Eternals film.

Beta Ray Bill

Frankie Raye version of Nova

steverules_2
Kinda wanna see John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic after seeing this fan made pic
https://i.postimg.cc/76pBQ78w/qkzymgwejc901.jpg

Surtur

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by steverules_2

That would be cool, it could help improve Reed's image, as most just think of him as a giant dork.

Dr Will Hatch
Zack Snyder threatening to take over the MCU from Kevin Feige.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
That would be cool, it could help improve Reed's image, as most just think of him as a giant dork. He's a giant dork that can stretch.

He isn't a big beefy tough guy and he shouldn't be.

ShadowFyre
I would like Blue Marvel

jaden_2.0
They need to build slowly again. Retire a few current characters and have the new ones build momentum against less universal scope villains. Have a new team movie after the new characters are established against say the heralds of Galactus then bring back the old members that aren't dead for Galactus himself.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2

i've watched him as jack ryan in which he as good.. he'd do reed richards justice

Insane Titan

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Jmanghan
He's a giant dork that can stretch.

He isn't a big beefy tough guy and he shouldn't be.

He should be played by an actor who will be taken seriously though. Even though Reed is mostly a pacifist, he's one of the most dangerous people in the Marvel U.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.