Swamp Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
So, I wasn't actually even aware this was happening until I saw the first teaser:

znF-usxKP7o

Though I am a bit dubious about this one, because it seems they already have issues with the show, which could also spell possible issues for the larger DC TV universe:

http://collider.com/swamp-thing-dc-universe-problems/

riv6672
Swamp Thing (and Man-Thing for that matter) have never translated well into live action, imo.
Cant put my finger on why, but they've just never been given the respect, you know?

As to the streaming aspect, i dont stream, so i cant really comment.

Putinbot1
Lets hope they go with Alan Moore.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
Swamp Thing (and Man-Thing for that matter) have never translated well into live action, imo.
Cant put my finger on why, but they've just never been given the respect, you know?

As to the streaming aspect, i dont stream, so i cant really comment.

I remember watching re-runs of the 1990 show as a kid, a few years later, back when the SciFi channel was still kicking around. IIRC, they actually got a couple of seasons out of that one, even though I remember the show not actually being all that good.

riv6672
SyFy has such low overhead they can keep shows on the air that wouldnt last anywhere else.
Sometimes it leads to these shows getting the chance to get better...sometimes not.

Kazenji
xVnHZ5SF1Jg

Robtard
Actually has some promise from that trailer. Will check out the first ep or two for sure.

BruceSkywalker
watched the first episode.. i did like it, but wanted a little more.. this show has promise

Robtard
Agreed, good enough to watch the 2nd ep and see where this goes.

Did enjoy the horror-esque approach they're apparently going with this as well.

Galan007
So yeah, this show has already been cancelled...

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/swamp-thing-canceled-1203234773/amp/

Flyattractor
isn't the Whole DC Streaming getting Cancelled?

-Pr-
I read that it would not so much be cancelled, but folded in to Warner's streaming service when they launch next year as they don't want two streaming services. Classic Warner though, ****ing around with DC.

Flyattractor
Yeah. AT&T is a real Bean Counter so I am sure that is hurting things.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Galan007

Not surprising in the least, considering the show had already hit troubles before the pilot even aired. Pity though. Based on the first episode, I thought there was some potential there.

Darth Thor
Well I guess I wont bother with this then.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Galan007

shame coz this show had a boatload of promise....

Originally posted by -Pr-
I read that it would not so much be cancelled, but folded in to Warner's streaming service when they launch next year as they don't want two streaming services. Classic Warner though, ****ing around with DC.

i hope they don't charge people who already subscribe to dc service if they do fold it into their new streaming service next year

Surtur
Originally posted by -Pr-

Good because Doom Patrol needs to continue.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well I guess I wont bother with this then.

Why...because there might be only 1 episode?

they have said they will show the entire season 1 and then that's it.

Robtard
I'll still watch ep2 later tonight and keep going until it turns to shit or I finished the season/final.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why...because there might be only 1 episode?

they have said they will show the entire season 1 and then that's it.

Even the last 3 episodes of Season 1 got the axe..

If it was planned as a limited short series, then id watch, but that clearly wasnt the plan.

BruceSkywalker
watched the second episode.. it was good... shame wb or whoever is canceling this coz its turning out to really good

TheVaultDweller
Kinda bummed this was ended before it even started. I've liked the horror vibe of the first 4 episodes.

Though I have read rumours that they might actually be planning on going the movie route with this character down the line, which might also have had something to do with it getting cancelled so quickly.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Kinda bummed this was ended before it even started. I've liked the horror vibe of the first 4 episodes.

Though I have read rumours that they might actually be planning on going the movie route with this character down the line, which might also have had something to do with it getting cancelled so quickly.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.