Why is Islamaphobia not accepted but Fear of Christians is?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Simply put, Islam as a majority commits more acts of violence then all religions combined.

Yet society rushes to accept Islam and shun Christians.

Why?

Christianity far and away has outpaced Islam by centuries as far as arcane and mid evil practices.

Surtur
Cuz leftists are hypocritical pieces of trash.

BrolyBlack
Any more insight than that?

ares834
Because Muslims are a minority in America whereas Christianity is not.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Any more insight than that?

Well I'd say they feel most christians are conservatives and thus it's more acceptable to shit on them.

This is why it's sexist if Trump insults the appearance of a female, but not sexist if people insult Sarah Sanders appearance: special rules.

Nor is it misandry if a women calls Trump fat or orange.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ares834

That almost certainly has a lot to do with it.

But it's also just an intellectual failing of the left to deal with ideas appropriately. I agree.

Also you're making this more of a political slant, so it would probably get more traction in the other forum. Just sayin.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Surtur
Cuz leftists are hypocritical pieces of trash. This. Also because they don't support local trash collector unions.

Surtur
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
This. Also because they don't support local trash collector unions.

Why would they support those unions? They have not taken strides to make sure at least 50% of trash collectors are female.

And the feminists are silent on the issue. This is awful.

BrolyBlack

Surtur

Can you name me a muslim majority country where it is more taboo to criticize Christianity than it is Islam?

Patient_Leech
The left has gone overboard with protecting Muslims for a good reason. They don't want it to turn into tons of discrimination and hatred for every Muslim everyone sees, because that's wrong, too. It's a real concern. You should treat people as individuals because not every Muslim is a Jihadist. But every Jihadist is a Muslim, and the Left seems incapable of admitting that fact.

But I think it's getting better.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The left has gone overboard with protecting Muslims for a good reason. They don't want it to turn into tons of discrimination and hatred for every Muslim everyone sees, because that's wrong, too. It's a real concern. You should treat people as individuals because not every Muslim is a Jihadist. But every Jihadist is a Muslim, and the Left seems incapable of admitting that fact.

But I think it's getting better.

If it was getting better they wouldn't pull the equivalent of an "all lives matter" when it came to denouncing anti-semitism from a muslim member of congress.

Fun fact: they had no qualms passing a resolution specifically denouncing white supremacy, but a muslim bigot? "All hate is bad".

Adam_PoE

It has less to do with minority status, and more to do with harm.

American Muslims tend to be Westernized, so Islam in America does not look like it does in other countries.

There are American Muslims in the government who support LGBTQ rights for example.

Contrast this with American Christians, who are actively working toward establishing a theocracy in the United States.

It is about apportioning concern to the level of harm.

Am I more likely to meet a Muslim or a Christian? Who is more likely to be actively working to harm people like me? And who is more likely to succeed?

It is not that the collect left are not concerned about radical Islam, it is that it is not as a great or as pervasive a threat to Americans in general or the country as a whole as radical Christianity.

Patient_Leech
If it was getting better they wouldn't pull the equivalent of an "all lives matter" when it came to denouncing anti-semitism from a muslim member of congress.

Fun fact: they had no qualms passing a resolution specifically denouncing white supremacy, but a muslim bigot? "All hate is bad".

I think various pundits are getting less and less credibility when they deny that Islam has anything to do with it. That's what I mean by it getting better.

BrolyBlack

Surtur
I would have to point and laugh at anyone saying Islam is superior to any other religion lol.

I mean they are #1 for explosions, so there is that. Technically that is an achievement.

MythLord
There's several reasons. Generally, I think it's a mix of Christians having more power in the Western world than Muslims do, Muslims being more likely to face discrimination, and Christianity having more a platform and thus being more open to criticism.

I should probably note, however, that #TheLeft doesn't hate Christians; they dislike conservatives using their personal beliefs as an excuse to demonize and discriminate groups of people. #TheLeft has also criticized Muslim and Hindu countries for their mistreatment of LGBT and females in the past. So this thread was just intentionally made to compare apples to oranges.

mike brown

cdtm
Simply put, Islam as a majority commits more acts of violence then all religions combined.

Why?

Christianity far and away has outpaced Islam by centuries as far as arcane and mid evil practices.

I'd imagine because Muslims are a minority in the states.

Which is all that really matters here. It's the US political-centric filter at work, from people on both sides of the isle (Neither party really has a monopoly on people with an opinion, who don't really know or care about issues past whatever is being volleyballed between Fox/CNN/MSNBC that week.)

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
I'd imagine because Muslims are a minority in the states.

Which is all that really matters here. It's the US political-centric filter at work, from people on both sides of the isle (Neither party really has a monopoly on people with an opinion, who don't really know or care about issues past whatever is being volleyballed between Fox/CNN/MSNBC that week.)

So then why are places with a muslim majority not in such a state where it's more taboo to criticize Islam than Christianity? Wouldn't that occur...if this really just boils down to "well it's cuz they are a minority" ?

Flashing Blade
Originally posted by MythLord
There's several reasons. Generally, I think it's a mix of Christians having more power in the Western world than Muslims do, Muslims being more likely to face discrimination, and Christianity having more a platform and thus being more open to criticism.

I should probably note, however, that #TheLeft doesn't hate Christians; they dislike conservatives using their personal beliefs as an excuse to demonize and discriminate groups of people. #TheLeft has also criticized Muslim and Hindu countries for their mistreatment of LGBT and females in the past. So this thread was just intentionally made to compare apples to oranges. YES' THE THREAD IS RETARDED.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flashing Blade
YES' THE THREAD IS RETARDED.

^Calls this thread retarded...same day he makes a thread calling Trump a fascist.

Lol. Hey kid, whose sock are you ? No need to be afraid.

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

What a retard.

eThneoLgrRnae

Why?

Because without double standards the left wouldn't have any standards at all.

mike brown
So then why are places with a muslim majority not in such a state where it's more taboo to criticize Islam than Christianity? Wouldn't that occur...if this really just boils down to "well it's cuz they are a minority" ? No. Because being tolerant of religious minorities is not a universal value. Once again, this question only makes sense in a Western context

Surtur
Originally posted by mike brown
No. Because being tolerant of religious minorities is not a universal value. Once again, this question only makes sense in a Western context

What is it about Islam that makes them unable to tolerate minority religions?

MythLord
You mean what is it about radicalist Muslims who push the Us-Vs-Them narrative, that makes them unable to tolerate minority religions?

And the answer is: pretty much the exact same thing that makes conservative Christians unable to tolerate Muslims.

mike brown
What is it about Islam that makes them unable to tolerate minority religions? It's nothing specific to Islam. It's more that in the West we had the Reformation, the enlightenment, the American revolution, and a number of other things that made religious pluralism the norm.

Surtur
It's nothing specific to Islam. It's more that in the West we had the Reformation, the enlightenment, the American revolution, and a number of other things that made religious pluralism the norm.

#WestIsTheBest

Adam_PoE
It's nothing specific to Islam. It's more that in the West we had the Reformation, the enlightenment, the American revolution, and a number of other things that made religious pluralism the norm.

That is what everyone keeps trying to explain to them. Christianity is not a non-violent religion any more than Islam is a violent one. It is that Western society tames religion. In parts of Africa, Christianity is just as radical and violent as Islam is peaceful and pluralistic in America.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
That is what everyone keeps trying to explain to them. Christianity is not a non-violent religion any more than Islam is a violent one. It is that Western society tames religion. In parts of Africa, Christianity is just as radical and violent as Islam is peaceful and pluralistic in America.

Islam is a lot shittier, it's holy book more concise and less contradictory than the bible.

And yeah Africa does sound like a shit hole.

BrolyBlack

When in doubt, use Africa as an outlier

Surtur
FTQbiNvZqaY

Surtur
When in doubt, use Africa as an outlier

Lol and the funny part is...didn't religion(specifically Christianity) play a huge role in why the west is...the way it is?

Putinbot1
When in doubt, use Africa as an outlier it's not an outlier for me.

Emperordmb
Yeah and if there was mass immigration to Europe or America from those parts of Africa I'd be just as concerned and just as quick to criticize.

Also, for western society to tame Islam... it needs to actually be able to criticize it without SJW wokescolds waiting to pounce and screech RAAAACIIIIIISSSSTTTT

Emperordmb
Islam is a lot shittier, it's holy book more concise and less contradictory than the bible.

And yeah Africa does sound like a shit hole.
I mean also, central figures man.

Warlord vs the Prince of Peace.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean also, central figures man.

Warlord vs the Prince of Peace.

Jesus legit allowed himself to be killed, Muhammad won't even let you stay alive if you write a mean poem about him. The only uncertainty is whether or not he'll torture you before he kills you.

eThneoLgrRnae
Jesus legit allowed himself to be killed, Muhammad won't even let you stay alive if you write a mean poem about him. The only uncertainty is whether or not he'll torture you before he kills you.

thumb up

And I agree that this BS notion that the reason Islamaphobia is a thing and Christianphobia isn't is because muslims are minority & Christians are a majority doesn't hold water upon closer examination. As already mentioned, Christians aren't a majority in any ME countries while Muslims are a huge majority in all of them (except in Israel, of course, which is mostly Jews) and yet practically no one in ME countries stands up for the persecuted Christians. And before someone says "more muslims are persecuted than Christians in middle east" well, yeah... that's because muslims greatly outnumber christians in those areas.

Bottom line is Christians are being exterminated throughout the ME and yet no one seems to really care. The media doesn't bother to report on it just like they refuse to report on all the white South Africans being murdered in that country.

eThneoLgrRnae
What is it about Islam that makes them unable to tolerate minority religions?

Pretty simple actually: Their so-called "holy book" the koran orders them to kill all those who refuse to convert to Islam. Muhammad himself had zero tolerance for non-muslims.

@Adam: you should be ashamed of yourself. Christianity is a truly peaceful religion unlike the cult of Islam. You judge a religion based on what it's central figure taught and nothing else. Muhammed taught war and Jesus taught peace, that is a fact. thumb up

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Putinbot1
it's not an outlier for me.

Apparently, 16% of the world population is a total outlier.

Adam_PoE

cdtm
So then why are places with a muslim majority not in such a state where it's more taboo to criticize Islam than Christianity? Wouldn't that occur...if this really just boils down to "well it's cuz they are a minority" ?

Lawsuits.

Laws designed to protect minorities became weaponized by political opposition, and mined by easy money prospectors.

It's like the old saying about activism starting as a movement, evolving into a business, and degenerating into a racket. We're well past the racket stages, which is really the bread and butter of lawyers in the country (Of which there is a glut of them, all looking for blood in the water..)

Putinbot1
Apparently, 16% of the world population is a total outlier. laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae
^triggered

Patient_Leech

Surtur

Patient_Leech
Yeah the biblical God is an eldritch abomination. Though still...I'm sure you've heard Sam Harris talk about how the Koran is less contradictory about it's more horrible aspects than the bible is.

Hm.. the only thing I can think of that you might be talking about is that I've heard Harris mention that in the ISIS propaganda magazine Dabiq they have a whole section that is dedicated to how little sense Christianity makes with God sending his son to die and shed blood and all that nonsense doctrine and how Islam is actually more straight forward and actually somewhat more compelling because it is less messy in a sense.

Is that what you're talking about?

eThneoLgrRnae
Bottom line is Jesus preached love and turning the other cheek while Muhammad preached intolerance and war. Period.

mike brown
When in doubt, use Africa as an outlier or you could use the 1000+ years of Christian European barbarism that preceded the modern era

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Bottom line is Jesus preached love and turning the other cheek while Muhammad preached intolerance and war. Period.

I actually don't entirely disagree with you. You're right. There's a big difference between Christianity and Islam in the sense that Christianity is not melded to government and state the same way Islam is and also the worst the super extreme versions of Christianity get is groups like the Westboro Baptist Church or fundamentalists who send their kids to private schools where they're sheltered from certain facts of science and reality (i.e. evolution, facts about homosexuals, etc). Which is still destructive, but it's undeniably very different from groups like ISIS that set out to dominate the world through terrorism, violence, subjugation of women, etc. That being said, it doesn't mean Christianity doesn't seep its way into lawmaking and government, because it absolutely does.

So regardless of what the Bible actually says (there are some misogynistic and pro-slavery passages), it's undeniable that the two faiths are capable of manifesting themselves in very different ways even in the 21st century.

#154 - WHAT DO JIHADISTS REALLY WANT? (2019)

- The Podcast from Sam Harris I alluded to just a few posts up. This is a must-listen for all you Islam obscurantists. It would be eye-opening for many if they actually took the time to listen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.