The Wandering Earth (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
A big foreign sci-fi blockbuster got a dump to Netflix. I hope to watch it soon...

0TDII5IkI3Y

Patient_Leech
I watched this. It's mediocre at best. It does have some cool visuals of Jupiter and such.

The story telling is a mess because I think the movie is far more interested in trying to be a big James Cameron-esque blockbuster than actually being particularly compelling. But it does have its moments. Oh, and considering the premise is inherently a global catastrophe it feels a little odd that the movie only chaotically focuses on Chinese people. There's little to no action or relevance to any non-Asian locations, which is odd. Throwing in some characters in other parts of the world (like the big US market) probably would have helped the film overseas. So that was strange. It certainly would have made more sense to have some American actors in this as opposed to The Great Wall with Matt Damon.

But whatever. If you're bored there's probably worse things to watch on a lazy Sunday.

SquallX

Patient_Leech
I know, I'm just saying that it could have helped with foreign marketing. Because it just got dumped onto Netflix here and no one noticed or cared.

This is apparently a huge box office monster over there along side Endgame, but here in the States no one cares.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.