TRANS TIER ORION VS THANOS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
This is Orion who tore out Darkseids heart in a physical fight, can he do the same to A standard unamped Thanos?

MrMind
yes

DarkSaint85
I don't think he can.

Orion was fated to kill DS. Just like Drax and Thanos.

lawest9
Sorry about the mispronunciation of the title, spell check failed me again and too late to change it now.

Supermutant
Originally posted by lawest9
This is Orion who tore out Darkseids heart in a physical fight, can he do the same to A standard unamped Thanos?

https://i.imgur.com/H0tW4Mw.gif

-Pr-
Originally posted by lawest9
Sorry about the mispronunciation of the title, spell check failed me again and too late to change it now.

I've no problem editing it, but I'm honestly not sure what the title is supposed to be, so post in here and let me know.

panthergod
Absolutely, as Darkseid is superior to Thanos in every way.

lawest9
Thank you kind sir, the intended title is ..........TRANS TIER ORION VS THANOS.

Insane Titan
No chance does he do it to Thanos.

panthergod
Originally posted by Insane Titan
No chance does he do it to Thanos.

He did it to a character far beyond Thanos.

Thanos gets cut by bone chaw Wolverine.

Cry purple puss chin tears about that fact.

Senor Cage
Orion destroys

Stoic
Thanos would absolutely destroy Orion in a one sided beatdown that would put the beating that he gave the Surfer to shame.

No contest, and Thanos is a low to mid Sky Father.

Senor Cage
Base Orion was able to own a skyfather plus being in Godhead. Now think of him at his true form.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I don't think he can.

Orion was fated to kill DS. Just like Drax and Thanos.
Is there a mechanism for Orion to kill DS?
I think that feat is solid.

DarkSaint85
The mechanism being the plot - because they're solidified concepts. Story tropes. The son fated to kill the father etc etc.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by panthergod
He did it to a character far beyond Thanos.

Thanos gets cut by bone chaw Wolverine.

Cry purple puss chin tears about that fact. Because he was fated to do so , as Drax was to Thanos.

Non canon means nothing you cherry picking loser.

Go have another unstable episode somewhere else.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanos would absolutely destroy Orion in a one sided beatdown that would put the beating that he gave the Surfer to shame.

panthergod
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Because he was fated to do so , as Drax was to Thanos.

.. And because he was that formidable, as well. Astro Force is universe level as he used it to augment himself against Darkseid.

He can beat character far beyond Thanos, cry more about that irrefutable fact, pleb.

I don't give a shit about your fanboy whining, cretin.

Thanos was competitive with Lobo and resorted to EP during a slugfest. Considering he struggled against Morg physically, Orion absolutely tears his heart out before he can blink.

Nah, I think I'll laugh at your pathetic desperation as usual, Titty.

But go ahead an amuse me some more with your reaching, you predictable puppet.

Galan007
Hmm.

Granted Orion was prophesied to kill Darkseid, but that doesn't mean it made the feat of one-shot killing Darkseid easier for him or w/e. Bear in mind that Orion was raging like he'd never raged in that fight, which evidently allowed him access to power-levels we'd never seen before.

Example:
https://i.imgur.com/qq3bGyW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zvXEWGE.jpg

Prior to that, Orion had most consistently been portrayed as slightly inferior to Superman alone, yet here he gestures away Superman+Kyle+Flash+Donna like they're low-level fodder. He was an absolute beast in that fight, no doubt.

RadZoa
According to Death Battle Darkseid is like a trillion times faster than Thanos so I don't think Thanos has much chance here

Insane Titan

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Galan007
Hmm.

Granted Orion was prophesied to kill Darkseid, but that doesn't mean it made the feat of one-shot killing Darkseid easier for him or w/e. Bear in mind that Orion was raging like he'd never raged in that fight, which evidently allowed him access to power-levels we'd never seen before.

Example:
https://i.imgur.com/qq3bGyW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zvXEWGE.jpg

Prior to that, Orion had most consistently been portrayed as slightly inferior to Superman alone, yet here he gestures away Superman+Kyle+Flash+Donna like they're low-level fodder. He was an absolute beast in that fight, no doubt.

thumb up

A fully unleashed Orion is nothing to scoff at. He's easily trans to skyfather.

Stoic
Originally posted by RadZoa
According to Death Battle Darkseid is like a trillion times faster than Thanos so I don't think Thanos has much chance here

And that's why you should never rely on these types of sources. You have to even ignore many of the posters that have trouble comprehending what was actually written on panel, because oftentimes they inflate writer intent. If Orion ends up killing Darkseid it's simply because Darkseid isn't as powerful as people think that he is, or he's not the real deal. Superman kicked his ass, but then again that may not have been the real deal, so Orion may end up defeating a clone.

The point is this. Using Darkseid as some sort of measuring stick holds very little weight because his defeats have been retconned away throughout his entire history.

Thanos chokes the life out Orion.

TheHulkster
Thanos defeats his future self hand to hand and it is stated that his future self is giving his all. That future self defeated the MU. Thanos stalemates a Phoenix Force being, defeats a mortal Beyonder, etc. Phoenix Force destroys Pre-Crisis Darkseid. Thanos destroys Orion.

panthergod

panthergod
And that's why you should never rely on these types of sources. You have to even ignore many of the posters that have trouble comprehending what was actually written on panel, because oftentimes they inflate writer intent. If Orion ends up killing Darkseid it's simply because Darkseid isn't as powerful as people think that he is, or he's not the real deal.

Prove that hilarious lie.

Let's see the proof.

per Final Crisis writer intent, the New Gods are Galactus level.

There goes that dishonest BS.

Again, prove that lie.

Superman beat Darkseid on Apokolips. Give the on panel proof that Superman beating Darksied was ever a clone barring the Legends fight which was retconned into Desaad.

More lies that have already been debunked.

the 'True form/avatar concept is not a Thanos clone/Doombot argument, as extremely illiterate people invested in lying about comics have continually claimed. Morrison isn't concerned with battleboard fanboys. He's interested in reconciling differing contradictory portrayals into one whole. He specifically acknowledges the difference betwen their classical Celestial forms and the mortal forms they inhabit in Final Crisis.

Thanos grets his hear torn out of his chest by the most skilled physical Top tier+universe level/Inerton shattering EP aura far easier than mid tier sub She-Hulk level Drax did.

panthergod
https://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x296/acewasp23/fbbed87d.jpg
https://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x296/acewasp23/fbbed877.jpg

We know for a fact Thanos is inferior to Darkseid against Lobo, who was fighting a far more competitive slugfest with, and who withstood his EP.

panthergod
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Thanos defeats his future self hand to hand and it is stated that his future self is giving his all. That future self defeated the MU.

..That was a deteriorated Old King Thanos, inferrior to the time when he beat older, weakeened heroes and a Galalctus who needed a energy rifle and looked inferior to Cosmic Ghost Rider, lmao.

That wasn't Pre-Crisis Darkseid, try again. and that was a BFR into the Source Wall at most. Also pre-pantheon absorption under Byrne/Simonson.

Phoenix Force is sub Thor.

Darkseid beats Thor and Surfer together.

a weakened future Darkseid is above Mordru and Controller/Time Trapper combined.

You wont win a feat war or a comparative formidability argument here.

h1a8

No he isn't, he's a trans. And tiers don't mean anything. A lower tier can easily beat someone of a higher tier. It's all about the match-up.

TheHulkster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.