Mongul vs Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's taking this?

lawest9
Mongul after a tough fight

leonidas
i'll take herc. be really close though.

Senor Cage
I'd say an even split. Mongul at his peak takes a slight majority.

cdtm
Herc, with ease.

lawest9
Nawwww......

deathslash
Originally posted by Senor Cage
I'd say an even split. Mongul at his peak takes a slight majority. who are you and how did you get Golgo's account?

Sin I AM
Mongul and it wont be that difficult

ShadowFyre
I dont see how anyone takes this easily, seem pretty evenly matched to me.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I dont see how anyone takes this easily, seem pretty evenly matched to me.

Current herc is weak

lawest9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Current herc is weak Admit I haven't been reading much lately, why is current Herc weak?

byrdgang21
Mongul wins but I can see Herc making him work for it

carver9
Of course I'm not using the weak version of any of the characters. Anyone being depowered etc... that doesnt apply here. None of my threads unless stated otherwise have any handicaps.

Kazenji
Originally posted by lawest9
Admit I haven't been reading much lately, why is current Herc weak?

All i know is that he lost his immortality and superhuman abilities after Chaos War, Not sure if he's gotten it back.

Stoic
He's back to full strength. Unless Nyx was a weakling. She wasn't but whatever.

Philosophía
Close.

I think I'd take Mongul, due to how he stacks up against Wonder Woman.

MrMind
how to mighty mongul has fallen. post crisis mongul with rings was a force to be reckon with. pre-crisis mongul was a teams buster

Senor Cage
Mongul jr. Is the one with the rings. He was facing off against the GLC by himself, iirc. He'd likely beat Herc, too.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Mongul jr. Is the one with the rings. He was facing off against the GLC by himself, iirc. He'd likely beat Herc, too.

I remember carter trying to use Mongul beating Sinestro (until Sinestro pulled off the Deus Ex Machina "I made these rings so I can control them when I want"wink as proof of "Lanterns are weak to bricks." Then when people brought up Mongul having multiple Power Rings argues he didn't use them.

Well by logic at minimum he'd have auto-shields even if he didn't intentionally use them for more than flight, since those Power Rings had similar shields(both directly said and indirectly hinted when Ganthet took over all the different Power Rings bringing up he could because they were based on the same design). But Mongul had the advantage against a team of Kyle and other GLs(granted I think only one was a good one other than Kyle) until one sacrificed himself to injure Mongul enough for the others to beat him. Mongul was winning against the team of Hal, Sinestro(almost as good as Hal) and other top Lanterns from other Corps like Carrol (Star Sapphire) , Saint Walker and Indigo-1(granted I don't think Indigo-1 has done anything I've seen outside teleportation, and I don't remember if just being near Hal would amp a Blue
Lantern Power Ring, but they're supposed to be the top of their respective Corps). And Mongul was still doing fine and literally as well as metaphorically stomping Sinestro until the plot device.

Both Kyle and Hal on their own have held their own to beaten Mongul level bricks. Including Mongul himself with Hal(and both facing Mongul Senior). Sometimes there was context or things were weird(like a Kyle/Grayven fight, where I believe Grayven had a clear advantage, Kyle got one good hit in, and Grayven went all emo and "**** this shit I'm leaving!!" and teleported away). But there's too many examples to think Mongul wasn't being helped by those Power Rings beyond flight if he's taking on teams including GLs who can do well against or even beat him one on one under Mongul's own power no amps.

Carter showing he doesn't actually understand Lanterns.

Supermutant
Herc is Herc.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Who's taking this?

Please be more specific about character versions in future.

DarkSaint85
That implies he knows the characters

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
i'll take herc. be really close though.
This hercbag

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
That implies he knows the characters

Alternative facts are still facts.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by lawest9
Admit I haven't been reading much lately, why is current Herc weak?

He's not weakened or anything...his depictions have been weak if you get my drift. He was pretty impressive in the modern gods arc when properly motivated though. Just don't think the current version is up to classic levels. Although Hercs strength level varies wildly

lawest9
Probably depends on who is writing him.

Stoic
Mongul probably edges him out in the strength department, but it's not by leaps and bounds. If Mongul were 100, Hercules would be about 90-95.

All around toughness goes to Hercules due to his immortality, which grants him several immunities that mortals do not have, even ones as tough as Mongul.

Fighting skills go to Hercules as well. His entire theme is about being a skilled warrior.

These guys are certainly in the same weight class.

panthergod
Mongul is now an amalgamation of Pre-Crisis, Post Crisis, and Nu 52 versions.

Thus, he stomps.

Booya_69
Bump.

DarkSaint85
Is this the Mongul who drives a Chevy?

Juntai
Is this the Mongul who drives a Chevy? laughing

carver9
Is this the Mongul who drives a Chevy?

Yes!!!

abhilegend
Mongul punches a hole in Hercules

DarkSaint85
Yes!!!

Scans

Stoic
Originally posted by panthergod
Mongul is now an amalgamation of Pre-Crisis, Post Crisis, and Nu 52 versions.

Thus, he stomps.

What were these feats? Mongul Junior's 1st appearance was in 1980 so this was definitely Pre-Crisis which happened in 1986, but what were his feats at that time? Hercules helped shake a planet while arm wrestling Thor, so to say Mongul Jr. stomps means that he had to have been slapping planets out of their solar orbits with ease. Since PG can't answer this, anyone that can should.

DarkSaint85
Herc never shook a planet in canon continuity whilst armwrestling Thor.

Delta1938
Don't like when my older threads are bumped.

Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.