Pick your top 3 movie villains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
A good movie is defined as much as it's protagonist as it's antagonist.

I created this thread so you can share who are your top 3 movie villains and why.

Tell use why they rank on top of other villains.

-Pr-
Only 3? Okay...

The Xenomorph - Legit the only monster that ever gave me nightmares as a child. Brilliant on so, so many levels.
Darth Vader (in the OT at least) - Brilliantly crafted. Great design. Excellently exemplifies the idea of "less is more", and still holds up today even after what the prequels did.
Amon Goeth (Ralph Fiennes - Schindler's List) - ****ing chilling.

Honourable mentions: Nicholson's Joker, Eckhart's Two-Face, Terrence Stamp's Zod, From the MCU Thanos and Loki, Zack Snyder.

I'm leaving out Tim Curry's Pennywise because that was technically a tv-movie iirc, but he'd be up there otherwise. Top three for sure. D'Onofrio's Kingpin would be up there too. I mean, he's technically MCU, so...

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by -Pr-
Only 3? Okay...

The Xenomorph - Legit the only monster that ever gave me nightmares as a child. Brilliant on so, so many levels.
Darth Vader (in the OT at least) - Brilliantly crafted. Great design. Excellently exemplifies the idea of "less is more", and still holds up today even after what the prequels did.

Honourable mentions: Nicholson's Joker, Eckhart's Two-Face, Terrence Stamp's Zod, From the MCU Thanos and Loki, Zack Snyder.

I'm leaving out Tim Curry's Pennywise because that was technically a tv-movie iirc, but he'd be up there otherwise. Top three for sure. D'Onofrio's Kingpin would be up there too. I mean, he's technically MCU, so...

Only 3, so we can see your top of the top.

Honorable mentions is allowed though smile

Eon Blue
1. Thanos
2. Ego
3. Killmonger

steverules_2
Not Thanos biscuits

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by -Pr-
Only 3? Okay...

I actually agree with all of this.

X2

steverules_2
Mmmmm I dunno, think Vader from Rogue 1 deserved a mention unless he's considered part of the OT

-Pr-
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
I actually agree with all of this.

X2

thumb up

Originally posted by steverules_2
Mmmmm I dunno, think Vader from Rogue 1 deserved a mention unless he's considered part of the OT

Yeah, sorry, I consider Rogue One Vader to be pretty much OT Vader. I just wanted to separate him from the prequels.

playa1258
Vader
Joker
Palpatine

riv6672
Hans Gruber.
He was smooth. I almost wanted him to win.

Dolores Umbridge.
She literally turned my stomach w. her combo of racism/abuse of power over children.

Ledger Joker. His commitment to his mission was beautiful in its awfulness.

relentless1
Joker (Dark Knight)

Darth Sidious (Star Wars 1-6 ?9?)

Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)

Flyattractor
Jason, Michael, and Freddy.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Jason, Michael, and Freddy. Ridiculous and mindless foes just like you. You really have a bad habit of projecting.

More complex characters are out there and beyond your grasp, simpleton.

Esau Cairn
The Kurgan from HighLander.

Hans Gruber.

No.3 is a toss up between:

Anton Chigurh. The hitman from No Country For Old Men.
OR
Gary Oldman's corrupt cop in The Professional OR Gary Oldman as Drexel in True Romance.

Impediment
Hans Landa
Amon Goeth
Hannibal Lecter

Putinbot1
Warden Samuel Norton in the Shawshank Redemption.

Keyzer Soze the Usual Suspects

Energy Exec. Bartholomew in Rollerball

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Ridiculous and mindless foes just like you. You really have a bad habit of projecting.

More complex characters are out there and beyond your grasp, simpleton.

I am your Fav Villain ...aint I QUEON!?

BruceSkywalker
Vader

Ledger Joker

Hans Gruber/Hannibal Lector

riv6672
^^^Lector would be in my top ten, for sure.

Dramatic Gecko
This is probably just my WEEB talking but Frieza in the new Broly movie was a exceptionally devilish and irredeemable scoundrel. He doesn't make my top ten usually but in that movie he makes it to the top three because he's just so well written/drawn/performed.

Then of ofcourse I gotta mention Sheev. Say what you want about the prequels but his performance in episode three and six was captivating... the way that man gets your attention at an opera is unnerving.

Then of course my prize... Roy Batty. An antagonist not truly evil only at odds with the powers that be. Struggling with inner turmoil in the search for answers and survival. A dem fine movie sir I say. A dem fine movie.

Bentley
The Xenomorph is definitively up there. Can't think of a better Monster villain that embodies the Otherness so perfectly.

John Carpenter's Thing is also amazing in that regard. His concept works so perfectly in the setting where it was introduced that it definitively deserves a nod. You could say It works as a good counterpart of the Xenomorph, making you see the Otherness in people.

Now, the third one should be a villain of a different nature, I'm thinking O'Connor from 1984's adaptation or Frederick, the Minister of Interior that reprograms Alex in A Clockwork Orange. I'm struggling to find a character that personifies this kind of dehumanization (Palpatine definitively operates like this) but it's definitively the kind of thing I'd indulge into this list.

riv6672
^^^fine choice on the xenomorph. It really did have a sense of otherness.
Plus the phallic, violation factor cant be ignored. It was just a nasty creation all the way through.

Darth Thor
1) T-1000
2) Pennywise (original)
3) The Emperor in ROTJ (hey the guy made us root for Vader)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.