Good Omens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
So the first season is out. I've watched the first episode so far and I'm really enjoying it.

Flyattractor
So how many seasons are they planning to get out of the book? Or is it just Book In Name Only like the Dirk Gently Show?

And before you say anything... I DID READ THE BOOK! Both actually

Flyattractor
Watched the first Episode....Didn't wow me.

Flyattractor
Three Episodes in and it is still meh.. I am reminded that the Book was pretty much slow burn to a not worth it pay off. That and Terry Pratchet was trying really hard to channel his inner Douglas Adams with this.

-Pr-
I'm just starting the fifth episode. I like it, though it has its issues. If not for the two leads (both are charismatic as hell), it would be much weaker, and it follows a few tropes I think are a bit too common nowadays.

On the whole, I think it's a good show, but not nearly the best thing going right now.

Flyattractor
Worth One Watch but not worth going back for a second... And they could have done better for Asapheal then Michael Sheen. Book Azaph wasn't such a wimpy Poof.. He was a Poof but not a wimpy one.

Flyattractor
Well that was a big load of nothing....but then so was the book.

Total meh.

Surtur
I've been slow watching this, but it is good. I admit it starts out slow, but I still enjoyed the first few episodes. With that said...it does really pick up once you get to the third episode. I'm on episode 5 now.

Flyattractor
Onl thing I can't remember from the book is the ending. Does the Show tack on a little bit that wasn't in the book?

Surtur
Honestly it's been so long since I read the book I don't know if I'll be able to tell unless there is a major departure lol. I haven't finished the final episode yet.

In other news though, this show has been given a second season and a religious group gathered forth a petition to have this show cancelled and sent it to netflix.

Spoiler alert: the show is on Amazon and not netflix. Lol.

Flyattractor
Really gotta wonder just WHAT they will do in a 2nd season seeing as how they Literally covered everything in the book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.