Ford v Ferrari

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden_2.0
Vo96qDiGUiI

Matt Damon
Christian Bale
Jon Bernthal

steverules_2
Looks better than AvP

Galan007
Glad to see that Shane is still getting work. thumb up

tkitna
I will be seeing this for sure.

jaden_2.0
It's quite a cast. If it's as good as Rush I'll be happy.

Robtard
Solid cast and the premise story is something I love; will definitely be seeing this in the theater and expect to love it.

Robtard
I know 99% of KMC won't care about this film since it doesn't have someone in superhero spandex doing a back flip set to a vapid storyline, but this opens next week and I can't f**king wait. Vroom! Vroom!

BruceSkywalker
this looks oscar worthy, will go see

Putinbot1
Hot Rod guys vs Ferrari. Fantastic stuff. Can't wait.@Jaden, Rush is one of my fave recent biopics.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Hot Rod guys vs Ferrari. Fantastic stuff. Can't wait.@Jaden, Rush is one of my fave recent biopics.

Rush was a damn good movie

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
This kind of film is right up my alley. It's only out here on the 22nd though, so still have a bit longer to wait.

Robtard
Caught an early release last night; film was great. Bale's performance was excellent, from his mannerism to speech, he was in that role. Damon was solid, though his Texan accent seemed a bit forced at times and that threw me out of the fantasy, but a minor complaint at most there.

Putinbot1
Superb, Bale's performance is superb. Don't normally like him, but every now and again, American Psycho, The Machinist and now this, he steps up a level. 8/10

Impediment
Matt Damon can't do a Texas accent to save his life.

So, the premise is the Mustang Shelby versus a Ferrari race?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Impediment

So, the premise is the Mustang Shelby versus a Ferrari race? Yeah, it's a gret story, in the UK Ken Miles is beloved. So, there's that. He was
Nigel Mansell before Nigel Mansell.

BruceSkywalker

Nah the premise is too old farts looking to reclaim there superhero days stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue big grin big grin big grin

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Nah the premise is too old farts looking to reclaim there superhero days stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue big grin big grin big grin So it's about you and me Bruce? laughing

StiltmanFTW
Saw the trailer.

Looked interesting, but it's not really my thing.

Quincy
Pretty jazzed for this

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Putinbot1
So it's about you and me Bruce? laughing

well next saturday i turn 50

Zenwolf
So what's the story behind this? Didn't realize that a Ford vs a Ferrari was even a thing.

Robtard

He's tries very hard...

No, it's about the 1965-1966 Le Mans, were Ford hired Carol Shelby to head the Ford GT40 project to beat Ferrari's dominance.

Ford GT40 MKI and MKII:
https://i.imgur.com/ApGuifW.jpg

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
well next saturday i turn 50 Happy Bithday for then, I hit 53 in early Jan.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
He's tries very hard...

No, it's about the 1965-1966 Le Mans, were Ford hired Carol Shelby to head the Ford GT40 project to beat Ferrari's dominance.

Ford GT40 MKI and MKII:
https://i.imgur.com/ApGuifW.jpg The supporter cast particularly, the wife and son of Miles are amazing. It's one of those films where the supporting casy frame the main actors.

Robtard
Agreed, casting was well done all around. Josh Lucas did a great job of being a smug shit-weasel, guy who played Ford the 2nd, solid as well.

Zenwolf
He's tries very hard...

Ford GT40 MKI and MKII:
https://i.imgur.com/ApGuifW.jpg

Huh, sounds interesting. Some nice looking cars there.

Robtard
The movie is filled with lovely classic cars.

Putinbot1
Agreed, casting was well done all around. Josh Lucas did a great job of being a smug shit-weasel, guy who played Ford the 2nd, solid as well. He was excellent, guess I should look up why I recognised him.

YMike322
For ,e, it was a nice movies.

Eddepressive
i say ferrari

Robtard
Did a second viewing of this at home on Friday. Film's still solid, even with Matt Damon not being at this best here.

BackFire
Yeah, good movie. Really enjoyed it.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, good movie. Really enjoyed it.

Did you wear a bucket on your head with the side cut out, sit in a cardboard box that you marked up with a sharpie to look like a car; while pretending to steer and going "Vroom! Vroooomm! Vroooommmmm!" like you do with other car/race films?

BackFire
Until theater management came and told me to stop.

Robtard
Those bastards

jeremiah2020
I love christian bale

Patient_Leech
Hoping to watch this soon. It's one of the last Best Picture nominees I need to see in preparation for the Oscars.

Putinbot1
It's excellent!

Patient_Leech
I finished watching this. It was surprisingly good for a car racing movie, which ordinarily wouldn't really be my cup of tea, but I liked it. Christian Bale continually impresses me as an actor (Almost makes me want to go back and watch his Batman movies again). It was fun leaving it on while my 3-year-old son was in the room, too, because some scenes looked almost straight out of the Disney Cars movies. haha. He enjoyed that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.