A police dog vs a Pit Bull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Let's say for whatever reason, a police officer is attacked by a fully grown Pit Bull (As unlikely as that is to happen.) K-9 German Shepherd steps in between them.

Who wins?

XLR87T3
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIUE1A7y1x0

Nuke Nixon
Pitbull > Every other dog breed

ares834
Nah. Typically, an American Pit Bull Terrier would of course kill a German Shepard, but something like an Irish Wolfhound or some breeds of Mastiffs would crush a Pit bull.

Adam Grimes
The average pitbull is considerably smaller than the average Shepard, though.

Nuke Nixon
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

KingD19
I'd say a highly trained police dog trying to protect an officer(who they are like hardwired to sacrifice life and limb for) would take out a Pit.

NemeBro
Police dogs are trained to take down people, not other dogs I believe. A pit that was trained to fight other dogs would likely maul it tbh.

Astner
Pit Bull isn't particularly strong, it's aggressive. Which isn't much of against a dog which has been provoked into aggression as well.

Galan007
Personally, I don't think your average pitbull is going to take fully trained K9 defending their owner. Now, a pitbull bred specifically to fight or w/e is a different story.

K9's are trained to injure/maim, but not kill. A fighting pitbull is essentially trained *just* to kill whatever is in front of it... We're talking about two different types of aggression at that point.

Bentley
Yeah, I give the odds to the Pitbull provided it its healthy and has faced off against other dogs.

Fighting humans compared to fighting dogs is, literally, two different animals entirely.

juggerman
Originally posted by XLR87T3
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIUE1A7y1x0

I guess that settles it

Galan007
What does it settle?

What I got from the video is that the K9 and pitbull scrapped for a bit, and then an officer broke it up by tazing the pitbull. The K9 wasn't injured, and evidently the pitbull wasn't either.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Pitbull > Every other dog breed A Kangal has a stronger bite force then a lion.

juggerman
Originally posted by Galan007
What does it settle?

What I got from the video is that the K9 and pitbull scrapped for a bit, and then an officer broke it up by tazing the pitbull. The K9 wasn't injured, and evidently the pitbull wasn't either.

Sarcasm

Galan007
Well now I feel like an assh0le. sad

juggerman
Nah. I should have used an emoji.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.