In a zombie apocalypse would you rather be Wolverine or Multiple Man?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
For Walking Dead Zombies

Wolverine is immune to virus

Multiple Man can make 100 copies (they dont feel pain and dissapear when injured but you can make more)
Whatever weapon you have in your hand gets copied along with the copies.

xJLxKing
Hands down Wolverine

Even if you can make 1,000 copies, all it takes is one mistake to get that Virus and it's game over. As wolverine, you're still likely to survive any ambush-like scenario

StiltmanFTW
You're already infected, xj...

Bite just kills you.

StiltmanFTW
But yeah, as Wolverine you wouldn't have to worry about any of it.

Multiple Man is too limited here.

HumbleServant
Ok to make it fair. Multiple Man Has Luke Cage(TV show level skin)

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine still has a giant advantage over him, as nothing in the zombie apocalypse scenario can kill him.

Unless you're assuming that - despite being immune to the virus itself - he will still die when bitten. As that's what TWD bites do.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Bite just kills you. Right i forgot..

HumbleServant
Wolverine still has a giant advantage over him, as nothing in the zombie apocalypse scenario can kill him.

Unless you're assuming that - despite being immune to the virus itself - he will still die when bitten. As that's what TWD bites do. Hmmm. Ok. What if wolverine has bone skeleton and claws?

StiltmanFTW
He's still pretty much immortal and can kill anything that comes at him.

Wolverine is tailor-made to handle entire hordes of creatures. Even if zombies swarm him and try to eat him whole, he's healing too damn fast for them.

We're talking about the guy who went through N'Garai demons, stopped their invasion and faced Kierrok... while without adamantium.

Stoic
Wolverine no contest. He can hit as hard as a CL 100 due to the hardness and durability those claws.

darthgoober
Wolverine definitely has a better chance of surviving, but I'd still take Multiple Man. Having a workforce of 100 that functions on the rations of a single individual will allow for a much higher quality of life for me and the people I care about and would go a long way towards restarting society before too much of it is lost.

Flyattractor
But Little Jimmy has PIS/CIS Powers.. He don't need to eat sleep or even breath in some cases.

Granted getting jumped by a few thousand zombies and getting chewed on for a month or two would really suck.

staxamillion
probably wolverine. I'd choose Madrox but his dupes get a lil cray cray after so many has popped out. I'd probably have a bunch try to survive out on their own, not follow my protocol, etc.

I haven't really watched TWD tho, could wolverine eradicate all zombies eventually? or is it something else that will always be a threat?

Laminator_X
Wolverine is stealthy AF and can live off the land indefinitely.

Multiple Man is noisy and has multiple mouths to feed.

Wolverine can dispatch as many zombies as can come within arms-reach of him more-or-less indefinitely.

Multiple Man could become his own phalanx at a moment's notice, which isn't nothing, but eventually could be overwhelmed.

Zombies cant really inflict any harm on Wolverine that he couldn't recover from.

Zombies could kill Multiple Man.

No question really.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by staxamillion
I haven't really watched TWD tho, could wolverine eradicate all zombies eventually? or is it something else that will always be a threat?

There are hundreds of millions of zombies out there, perhaps even billions. Most of them would decompose into non-walking dead within a few years, the initial-outbreak zombies on the show have become progressively slower and more fragile over time, and I recall one that could no longer walk and had moss growing over it as it feebly tried to reach for passers by.

However, the survivors are all infected (or nearly so, an isolated mountain/island community or similar might be clean), and will rise as fresh zombies upon death if their brains are sufficiently intact. Even in a walled community, a neighbor passing peacefully while sleeping becomes a threat.

StiltmanFTW

All humans are infected. Every single one.

Whent they die, they turn. Regardless of what caused death.

deathslash

Unless you're assuming that - despite being immune to the virus itself - he will still die when bitten. As that's what TWD bites do. didn't Logan get infected in Marvel Zombies?

DarkSaint85
I'd take the 100 dupes who are all Luke Cage level stats.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deathslash
didn't Logan get infected in Marvel Zombies?

Yes, he did.

But --- that was a different version of Wolverine --- and a different version of zombie virus (even though it was written by Kirkman) --- AND he is specifically immune to it in this thread, check out the OP smile

deathslash
Yes, he did.

But --- that was a different version of Wolverine --- and a different version of zombie virus (even though it was written by Kirkman) --- AND he is specifically immune to it in this thread, check out the OP smile hmmm........I'd take Multiple Man. His dupes have died before without him dying and making an entire army to clear out entire towns and cities could potentially get humanity back on its feet in only a few decades.

DarkSaint85
But if it's the TWD universe, EVERY time a normal person dies, they become a zombie (I'm assuming my dupes don't).

Laminator_X
Originally posted by deathslash
didn't Logan get infected in Marvel Zombies?

The Marvel Zombies infection is magical in nature. The Walking Dead's infection never gets a detailed back-story, but has been observed to be a (likely engineered) microbial pathogen.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Laminator_X
but has been observed to be a (likely engineered) microbial pathogen.

Only in the TV show.

And this is the Comic Book 'Versus' Forum...

shadowknight
The answer depends, does getting bit automatically turn you into a zombie. How does Multiple Man powers work does a MM clone getting killed or sick affect MM alpha. Finally even if the alpha MM dies but one of the MM clone survives can he than create multiple MM. If the answer is yes MM is the one I'd choose b/c overall in building a future civilization he's much better overall. Wolverine is only good in a fight.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by shadowknight
The answer depends, does getting bit automatically turn you into a zombie.

It has nothing to do with it.

Bite just kills you in TWD.

staxamillion
thanks for the clarification stilt. definitely wolverine for me. might even be the key to defeating the infection by wolverine and kids passing on immunity.

Flyattractor
MM is a decent Choice.. If you plan right it can be pretty easy to deal with the TWD Zombies... They are Dumb as Shit. Literally. Its only the retard actions of the characters on the show that make them a serious long term threat.

DarkSaint85
They're also all Luke Cage level in durability. Dude was shrugging off gunfire....rotten zombies aren't doing anything to them.

staxamillion
hmm I didn't see the luke cage post. so anyone can become a zombie at any time since everyone is infected?

is it likely that multiple man succumbs to infection overtime just because he's not wolverine?

so if they both can survive the bite and are immune, then multiple man.

even with the cray dupes I can have enough for sentry patrols, farming, construction etc it limitless supply

per op I can whenever I find a weapon and ammo and dupe that as well. I'd send a dupe out and practice for accuracy then absorb them for my own stats then all my dupes then on will be upgraded. same thing id send a dupe or two raiding ever so often anyone that made it back could relay the experience.

if multiple man can still become a zombie afterwhile no deal

Parmaniac
I honestly think I'd take the dupes (especially with the later added upgrade) Wolverine might be better for fighting Zombies but with 100 dupes I can rebuild villages and shit.

DarkSaint85
Imagine if before duping, I had a gun, ammo, food and water etc.

All 100 dupes would also be fully kitted out.

They don't need to eat, they can starve to death if needed. I'd have all the food and water I need, plus an army of super durable armed men.

And you better pray I'm not sitting in a tank when I dupe, lol

Parmaniac
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Imagine if before duping, I had a gun, ammo, food and water etc.

All 100 dupes would also be fully kitted out.

They don't need to eat, they can starve to death if needed. I'd have all the food and water I need, plus an army of super durable armed men.

And you better pray I'm not sitting in a tank when I dupe, lol Just hold your own dupes, exponential dupe growth :v

One Big Mob

Bite just kills you. So a bite on the toe kills you if not amputated, but not the amputation?

HumbleServant
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Wolverine is stealthy AF and can live off the land indefinitely.

Multiple Man is noisy and has multiple mouths to feed.

Wolverine can dispatch as many zombies as can come within arms-reach of him more-or-less indefinitely.

Multiple Man could become his own phalanx at a moment's notice, which isn't nothing, but eventually could be overwhelmed.

Zombies cant really inflict any harm on Wolverine that he couldn't recover from.

Zombies could kill Multiple Man.

No question really. When multiple mans copies get hungry he could just delete them and make more. He has power to delete a remake them whenever he likes. You only have to worry about yourself

HumbleServant
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But if it's the TWD universe, EVERY time a normal person dies, they become a zombie (I'm assuming my dupes don't). No the dupes dont turn. They just disapear once they get hurt. You can then just replace them with another fresh one.

HumbleServant
Originally posted by shadowknight
The answer depends, does getting bit automatically turn you into a zombie. How does Multiple Man powers work does a MM clone getting killed or sick affect MM alpha. Finally even if the alpha MM dies but one of the MM clone survives can he than create multiple MM. If the answer is yes MM is the one I'd choose b/c overall in building a future civilization he's much better overall. Wolverine is only good in a fight. 1. You have Luke Cage level skin. The zombies cannot bite and pierce your skin.
2. A clone getting killed or sick does not affect alpha. Those clones can be deleted and more can be made.
3. If the alpha one dies all clones disapear, but if the alpha gets sick or injured the clones are still perfectly fine even if you make them while sick/injured they are made perfectly healthy.

HumbleServant
hmm I didn't see the luke cage post. so anyone can become a zombie at any time since everyone is infected?

is it likely that multiple man succumbs to infection overtime just because he's not wolverine?

so if they both can survive the bite and are immune, then multiple man.

even with the cray dupes I can have enough for sentry patrols, farming, construction etc it limitless supply

per op I can whenever I find a weapon and ammo and dupe that as well. I'd send a dupe out and practice for accuracy then absorb them for my own stats then all my dupes then on will be upgraded. same thing id send a dupe or two raiding ever so often anyone that made it back could relay the experience.

if multiple man can still become a zombie afterwhile no deal With Luke Cage level skin I doubt he would ever become a zombie unless he gets hit by a large missle or something and dies. Something I doubt would happen.

Yes you can learn skills/experience from all dupes and all dupes have your skills/ experience

Flyattractor
Luke Cage level Dura? That is a lot of broken Zombie Teeth.

Laminator_X
Luke-cage level durability? Is that recent development? Getting hit by non-trivial force triggers his power, but I don't think he's durable apart from that, at least as I remember him from David's X-Factor run. If he's capped at 100 Jamies, he could get overwhelmed by a large herd.

He can work around needing food and water for dupes when they're in his immediate vicinity, but it does place a limit on some of the useful things he might do by spreading out.

I'm not saying he's useless or anything, just less well equipped than Wolverine.

DarkSaint85
It's for this thread.

Why would you need to feed/water them? They can die off, and be replaced by fresh ones if needed.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by One Big Mob
So a bite on the toe kills you if not amputated, but not the amputation?

The bite is toxic in so far as it's highly septic, on account of being full of rot. It's like the pits in Komodo Dragon teeth that catch bits of food to sit there and decay giving them an infectious bite, only more so since the walker's whole mouth is rotting flesh. It's unclear whether there's a higher level of toxicity apart from that.

Amputation can save people from getting sick and dying, just like with gangrene.

Die by any means, you will rise, even if you've never seen a zombie. The infection is pandemic.

Putinbot1
Wolverine, because he is Wolverine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.