Who Can Survive This - Silver Surfer Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
http://i.imgur.com/WWuXD1y.jpg

Surfer tries the following attacks in order

1. Expands the orbit of electrons

2. Boil the blood and fluids of their bodies

3. Places singularities in their eyes

And this lineup needs to survive it. If they dont make it to the end, what kills them?

1. Shazam

2. Orion

3. Superman

4. Wonder Woman

5. Martian Manhunter

6. Doomsday (HP)

7. Hank Henshaw

ghostman
who can survive bravado?

superman.

leonidas
because ss is a very unreliable narrator? anyway, if we assume the attacks actually work as they are supposed to, no one except henshaw survives the first--his consciousness might be argued as 'metaphysical', hence it's not made of electrons, protons and neutrons. everyone else--including henshaw's body--would dissolve into nothing.

is it possible to speculate he couldn't separate some of that at the atomic level? maybe.

boiling fluids is something that would hurt but they'd all survive i think. two singularities would rip apart nearly all of them, especially opened up behind their eyes. the pull of the different singularities would literally shred their brains. hard to imagine anyone surviving that. even henshaw's consciousness would likely be shredded by 2 of them.

superman is superman though. thumb up

xJLxKing
Can you actually show SS doing that to someone?

Philosophía
If we take the statements as true, considering he's not telling he can do this to an actual durable/invulnerable character, these two probably won't work at these levels:

As for the singularity, Wonder Woman/J'onn might have problems with it.

abhilegend
You can't survive imaginary scenarios. Originally posted by leonidas
because ss is a very unreliable narrator?

https://i.postimg.cc/KK6dcNmm/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/S2cHnMKC/image.jpg

"Here, this random gun will destroy the universe".
https://i.postimg.cc/N2YSmjyV/image.jpg

"My power can destroy a galaxy".

But yeah, how can you say that Surfer can't do something he said!

Philosophía
Even if we take the statements at face value, it's like Orion telling a random dude "I will atomize you" and then saying "that means he can atomize Thor!". It's an ability - the same as any other - but, there's levels to this shit, as Daniel Cormier would say.

DarkSaint85
Stops at 1. Shazam was turned inside out by the Void Hound, but he just tanked it.

abhilegend

DarkSaint85
Living Tribunal has six eyes, so is 3 x more susceptible to this attack thumb up

abhilegend
Totes vulnerable.

leonidas
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Can you actually show SS doing that to someone?

why would i have to...? he's asking a hypothetical question related to a hypothetical attack. i could just as easily ask if you can prove any of them can survive having 2 black holes opened up behind there eyes? no? then they all die. /shrug

for the thread to generate meaningful discussion (which seems to be more and more rare lately) we need to suppose it would work as advertised. assuming it does, what support is there to counter it ACTUALLY working besides the all-too frequent "this is a marvel character vs dc characters" defense?

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
why would i have to...? he's asking a hypothetical question related to a hypothetical attack. i could just as easily ask if you can prove any of them can survive having 2 black holes opened up behind there eyes? no? then they all die. /shrug

for the thread to generate meaningful discussion (which seems to be more and more rare lately) we need to suppose it would work as advertised. assuming it does, what support is there to counter it ACTUALLY working besides the all-too frequent "this is a marvel character vs dc characters" defense?
Would you say that the black hole attack would kill Thanos or Odin because they have no feats of that either?

xJLxKing

DarkSaint85
Put it this way.

Bane(enraged):. 'I'll RIP YOU APART!!!'
DS (creating a thread): imagine Bane can do this. Who survives?
1. Batman
2. Luke Cage
3. Silver Surfer
4. Odin
5. Eternity

Hypothetical question. Imagine Bane can do it.

leonidas
lol wut? it's not my thread to start. borg was asking the question. and the attack WAS hypothetical. as in--he's never done it. so asking for proof of him doing it is ridiculous. might as well not have opened the thread. so, for the thread to have meaning, we must assume he tries it and we can discuss what we think would happen IF he did. and ALL threads are created to generate discussion--or they should be. many have...other reasons for cropping up.

and sure i asked for proof of wf's durability. that has nothing at all to do with this purely hypothetical thread though. because, you know, that thread had an ACTUAL, non-hypothetical event as it's basis and people were and are leaping to ludicrous conclusions. i simply asked for parameters around which we could gauge the actual, non-hypothetical feat itself. not even close to the same thing. at all.

Damborgson
Wtf Xj laughing out loud

xJLxKing

abhilegend
Originally posted by abhilegend
Would you say that the black hole attack would kill Thanos or Odin because they have no feats of that either?
Dambo? Leo?

Damborgson
Dambo? Leo?

It's a black hole behind the eyes man, yes I think it would kill them. Were it to be performed successfully.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Stops at 1. Shazam was turned inside out by the Void Hound, but he just tanked it.

I also remember Black Adam having a tesseract the size of a football field expand inside his head, and he took that. Not Shazam, obv, but I see them as largely equals in this department.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
It's a black hole behind the eyes man, yes I think it would kill them. Were it to be performed successfully.
So another character to be removed from tier list.

Damborgson
So another character to be removed from tier list.

No.

Plenty of heralds have one shot hax abilities like that.

You think Thanos would resist a black hole in his brain, that's on you.

Doesnt mean Surfer is trans tier or anything.

leonidas
thumb up

Philosophía
Damborg, everybody resists a black hole in his brain, every time he gets into a black hole.

Which many characters have done.

Gravity works that way.

Damborgson
If comics were written according to real world physics, yeah.

But how often are they really written to reflect reality like that?

leonidas
lol i guess that's true. but saying a black hole opens in your brain just seems so much more brutal and in comics, i'd wager the effect would be...dramatic on most of these guys.

leonidas
and yes i'm sitting at work with no students extremely bored.... lol

Philosophía
I agree with the potency of a real life black hole is not translated well from real life into comics. Gravity, though, generally is simple enough that it works the same way in comics, too.

Then if we go back to comics, we have people like Superman casually chill in and treat them as slingshots to fly from one end of the Universe to another , where GLs, heralds go into them, and they get minor headaches. Sometimes it is treated as potent that Thanos gets 'bloodied' https://i.imgur.com/eAK4Ugc.png], other times not so. Batman has survived black holes.....btw. So...you know.

Black holes are about as efficient in comics as bullets are against street levelers.

Originally posted by leonidas
lol i guess that's true. but saying a black hole opens in your brain just seems so much more brutal and in comics, i'd wager the effect would be...dramatic on most of these guys. thumb up

That's why I'm going on 'gut' feeling and saying that WW and J'onn might have problems . Because the actual 'comic black holes' are hilarious.

BrolyBlack
This threadlaughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.