Baldur's Gate 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Jmanghan
"Developed by the creators of Divinity: Original Sin 2, Baldur's Gate III is the official next adventure in the venerable Baldur's Gate series. The teaser trailer shows a return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms. The fate of the Forgotten Realms lies in your hands."

OcP0WdH7rTs

WHAT?!

WHAT THE F*CK?!

Jmanghan
sGtY1aPrOMQ

Arachnid1
Holy shit

Balders Gate sequel? Made by Larian? So many amazing games have been getting announced recently

Surtur
Baldur's Gate 3 looks great even when everything is going wrong

Nice

cdtm
If this is good, it would be a good Baldur's Gate game.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
If this is good, it would be a good Baldur's Gate game. That's pretty astute, cdtm.

Surtur
Wait is this game turn based

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait is this game turn based Yep. A lot of BG fans are pissed about the change.

I prefer turn based to real time though (I've never played the older BGs, but I'm endlessly pissed about Final Fantasy 15 and the 7 remake), so it's great for me.

cdtm
This may be a unicorn then.


An Infinity Engine game that is actually playable.

Maybe dropping that horrid engine has something to do with that.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
This may be a unicorn then.


An Infinity Engine game that is actually playable.

Maybe dropping that horrid engine has something to do with that.

What is wrong with the infinity engine?

cdtm
Originally posted by Surtur
What is wrong with the infinity engine?



Nothing.


If you like bad gameplay.


At the time, I suppose the Infinity Engine was alright, but compared to alternatives even back then its a clunky, unintuitive mess, only a step ahead of ASCII games like Nethack.

Nemesis X
So when does everyone think this will get on next gen consoles?

Surtur
Here is the full cinematic intro for the game:

wWHEw36gTwU

It's pretty awesome. You have illithids, dragons, a spelljammer, even some githyanki it seems.

Surtur
I remember in BG2 the illithids were so damn annoying to try to fight, especially if your party was not prepared to fight them.

NemeBro
My mother is a whore

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NemeBro
My mother is a whore I-

Is she actually?

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
My mother is a whore

I thought she was a hamster

Surtur
Early access starts September 30th. Over 20 hours of gameplay will be available:

https://screenrant.com/baldurs-gate-3-size-early-access-divinity-comparison/

StyleTime
My introduction into this series was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and it was one of the best couch co-op games out there. It's a sub-series that departed a bit from the main games, as it's purely an action rpg like Gauntlet or Diablo rather than D&D. And you only actually stay in Baldur's Gate for the opening bit iirc. It was so well done though. I played through with a friend and loved it.

I will pass on this though, and it is because of the combat system. I enjoy both action and turn based games, so I was open to Baldur's Gate 3 until I saw the gameplay videos. This particular brand of turn based combat is not for me. I get they're trying to recreate a table-top D&D experience, and that's a perfectly fine niche to fill, but it's not what I was looking for.

A new Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was finally announced last December. News has been sparse though, possibly due to COVID interfering with development. I think they actually dropped the Baldur's Gate portion of the title due to it not being all that connected to the main series.

Surtur
Originally posted by StyleTime
My introduction into this series was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and it was one of the best couch co-op games out there. It's a sub-series that departed a bit from the main games, as it's purely an action rpg like Gauntlet or Diablo rather than D&D. And you only actually stay in Baldur's Gate for the opening bit iirc. It was so well done though. I played through with a friend and loved it.

I will pass on this though, and it is because of the combat system. I enjoy both action and turn based games, so I was open to Baldur's Gate 3 until I saw the gameplay videos. This particular brand of turn based combat is not for me. I get they're trying to recreate a table-top D&D experience, and that's a perfectly fine niche to fill, but it's not what I was looking for.

A new Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was finally announced last December. News has been sparse though, possibly due to COVID interfering with development. I think they actually dropped the Baldur's Gate portion of the title due to it not being all that connected to the main series.

I admit I'm not a fan of turn based for BG. I will give it a shot, but I'm returning the game if it sucks.

Still, you should try playing BG2 then. Get the enhanced edition. It is an excellent game. It's not like diablo...it is real time combat, but you will wanna pause and decide what you want each party member to do usually(up to 6 in your party, including your character).

Great game. Like I said, get the enhanced edition.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Surtur
I admit I'm not a fan of turn based for BG. I will give it a shot, but I'm returning the game if it sucks.

Still, you should try playing BG2 then. Get the enhanced edition. It is an excellent game. It's not like diablo...it is real time combat, but you will wanna pause and decide what you want each party member to do usually(up to 6 in your party, including your character).

Great game. Like I said, get the enhanced edition.

Well, the first 2 enhanced editions did come to android, along with Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and Neverwinter Nights. Might check 'em out.

Surtur
Don't get me started on NWN, I love that game. And it is unique in that it comes with the aurora toolset to let you create your own mods. This is why, despite being released in 2002, the NWN community is still thriving. I still play it and people still make mods for it.

For me I love it more than any BG game. In NWN you don't have to worry about an entire party, you have yourself and you can hire one henchmen and u can't micromanage them. Though you can add additional characters via summoning. And if you are a magic user you can add another via your familiar if you want.

And I gotta say some of the fan made mods were of superb quality. And plenty of the high quality ones also offered many hours of gameplay, like 20-40. Hell, if you like diablo...they remade diablo 1 and 2 in mods and they are actually pretty accurate, even down to the music.

Though you say they came to android, u mean u will play it on a phone? I would recommend a PC.

Btw Planescape Torment is also excellent. More story driven than the other games, but still good.

Trocity
Anyone remember the Champions games? Norrath and Return to Arms?

Those were awesome.

Surtur
I only recall a ps2 game about champions of norrath

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
Anyone remember the Champions games? Norrath and Return to Arms?

Those were awesome. Champions of Norrath was pretty sick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.