Potential Superman BZ thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkSaint85
So am thinking of an open to all Superman BZ thread. No one under HH. Bring me your Thors, your Surfers, your Hulk's, your WWs.

Full capacity, in character, full knowledge of each other. He fights each opponent on their own, one after the other, fully healed and rested between rounds.

BFR is on, but if he can zip away and come back, that's fair game (because he hasn't been removed against his will).

Thoughts? Who would judge?

leonidas
i don't get it. you want to bz multiple people? or you want to run a bz gauntlet?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
i don't get it. you want to bz multiple people? or you want to run a bz gauntlet?

Gauntlet style. Multiple might be too messy? Discuss.

DarkSaint85
So my idea would be we all agree a 'pool' of characters to test against Superman. These would be his usual rivals - Thor, Surfer, Hulk, Hyperion, Hal, WW, Shazam, Black Adam, etc

Probably would be Marvel heavy, because it's a general consensus Superman is top dog in DC, but we can see. The usual suspects are the trinity of Thor, Hulk and Surfer anyway, so we can just do those three.

Then, we can have different 'teams'. Team Hulk, for example, would argue their corner, Team Thor etc, against Team Superman.

Basically, it would be similar to the Trans level tourney, except we have a limited pool of characters to choose from, and we would have teams behind each character.

Is Superman truly above the heralds? And I say use a limited pool, because there will always be some team who think it's clever to use Longshot, for example, and try a no limits argument. Or Constantine with prep, and start firing time travel spells etc. In short, no weird hax powers - the aim of the BZ would be for everyone to show how hey, Superman is not unique - EVERY herald worth their salt also has high end showings.

We would be limited by the in character rule - so for example, I can't say Superman flies over, tears Hulk's head off and cauterises the neck wound with HV, before flinging the body into the Sun. But full capacity still applies, so Superman can still use his speed.

It is to showcase we do, in fact, understand not only the powers of our character, but also...well, their character.

BrolyBlack
Ill be a judge

leonidas
i could get behind this. i'd take surfer. i'd need a few days to get ready but i think ss vs supes in a bz would be fun. and what have i got to lose? everyone in the forum already thinks he's well above trans and can shatter multiverses. so, yeah, i'll take you up on it. thumb up

3 judges should be good--i'd suggest bada, pr, and someone else known to really remain outside of this whole superman mess. maybe nibedicus or laminator? standard posting? 3 posts + opening?

abhilegend
Should be fun to see.

DarkSaint85
i could get behind this. i'd take surfer. i'd need a few days to get ready but i think ss vs supes in a bz would be fun. and what have i got to lose? everyone in the forum already thinks he's well above trans and can shatter multiverses. so, yeah, i'll take you up on it. thumb up

3 judges should be good--i'd suggest bada, pr, and someone else known to really remain outside of this whole superman mess. maybe nibedicus or laminator? standard posting? 3 posts + opening?

Was going to go one post only, but up for discussion!

leonidas
oh, ok. whatever. i'm down. thumb up

Galan007
The problem with, say, a Superman/Surfer BZ is going to be getting unbiased judges that don't have a horse in the race.

...Good luck with that, lol. stick out tongue

carver9
Should pick judges from the movie forum. Itll be a legit way of convincing the argument.

Galan007
*Moving to the versus forum at request of thread starter, for traffic purposes only.

Keep in mind that this is just a BATTLEZONE DISCUSSION/INTEREST thread. It is not a Superman vs. thread, and should not be treated as such at any time.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Should pick judges from the movie forum.

laughing out loud

A bag of potatoes would be better judges.

DarkSaint85
You'd actually be a great pick for a judge, Stilt

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

A bag of potatoes Warned for bashing Pr. thumb up

MrMind
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

A bag of potatoes would be better judges.

laughing out loud

sadly, they are still above carver's level though

DarkSaint85
Now now guys. All are welcome to participate.

Carver, fancy getting a Hulk team together? Rage/celey, fancy stepping up with Classic Thor/Jane?

Carver, in the past you've argued that Current Thor is just as formidable, fancy repping him?

Adam Grimes
Scans of me saying that? -Carter

Now, in all seriousness, I should be the judge as I don't have any preference towards any of the characters Darkstar proposed. The only judge. thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
laughing out loud

sadly, they are still above carver's level though

But I'm better than you though.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Now now guys. All are welcome to participate.

Carver, fancy getting a Hulk team together? Rage/celey, fancy stepping up with Classic Thor/Jane?

Carver, in the past you've argued that Current Thor is just as formidable, fancy repping him?

Thought Leo challenged you? Are you backing down?

Adam Grimes
Are you?

DarkSaint85
Thought Leo challenged you? Are you backing down?

No, not backing down....he's only repping Surfer.

I'm trying to get a pool of characters to fight against. If (and that's a massive if) Superman wins against Surfer, for example, would you accept that Superman is above the best heralds in Marvel?

Of course not. For this BZ to work, I want it to be absolutely complete. One post per team, single fights (not 3 characters against Superman at the same time), against his rivals.

To show that he's above them. Then we can finally end the whole cycle of 'Superman vs Hulk/Superman vs Thor' etc etc threads, then we can have new and interesting threads with Supes in it.

cdtm
Someone should do Monica Rambou.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Galan007
Warned for bashing Pr. thumb up lOL

Diesldude
The jumping feat shows, he was practically out of energy, up up and away and he destroys a planet. Can't do range attacks and energy drains against him because he's too fast. He can't lose especially if he pulls out a multiversal destroying punch that will destroy the entire lineup one after the other. My 2 cents.

carver9
No, not backing down....he's only repping Surfer.

I'm trying to get a pool of characters to fight against. If (and that's a massive if) Superman wins against Surfer, for example, would you accept that Superman is above the best heralds in Marvel?

Of course not. For this BZ to work, I want it to be absolutely complete. One post per team, single fights (not 3 characters against Superman at the same time), against his rivals.

To show that he's above them. Then we can finally end the whole cycle of 'Superman vs Hulk/Superman vs Thor' etc etc threads, then we can have new and interesting threads with Supes in it.

But BZ doesnt dictate anything though since the judges themselves are bias. This is why during most of their post, they even write their reason why a character should win which is the reason I said it is best to get judges that are not familiar with comics at all. Example, I would NOT use Philo, you, or Abhi as a judge for Superman and no one in their right mind would use me as a judge for Hulk. I read through BZ consistently and bias does take place. It doesnt bring FACTS on the outcome of a battle.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude
The jumping feat shows, he was practically out of energy, up up and away and he destroys a planet. Can't do range attacks and energy drains against him because he's too fast. He can't lose especially if he pulls out a multiversal destroying punch that will destroy the entire lineup one after the other. My 2 cents.

Is Superman amped SIGNIFICANTLY off an unknown amount of suns in this battle?

Diesldude
Is Superman amped SIGNIFICANTLY off an unknown amount of suns in this battle? Numbers of suns doesn't matter, it's about how much time he spent in them and it was probably a few seconds.

Diesldude
I think you guys should list the guys first or make a post with all the guys that could be used in this BZ. OR I guess the guys that want to participate can just say I'll rep this guy. Should be good to see.

Adam Grimes
That'd get messy I think. It'd be better if we decided on a limited list and then the posters decide who's going to represent who.

Remember this is Dark vs the world.

DarkSaint85
But BZ doesnt dictate anything though since the judges themselves are bias. This is why during most of their post, they even write their reason why a character should win which is the reason I said it is best to get judges that are not familiar with comics at all. Example, I would NOT use Philo, you, or Abhi as a judge for Superman and no one in their right mind would use me as a judge for Hulk. I read through BZ consistently and bias does take place. It doesnt bring FACTS on the outcome of a battle.

That's why Leo suggested Pr and Bada, two mods. In effect, it would serve as a cast iron 'mod ruling'.

I suggested Stilt (if he agrees). We all know his views on heralds, lol. Nibedicus, from the movies forum, is another choice.

Having judges who are unfamiliar with comics is dangerous - as it opens up shenanigans if they don't know what's happening.

Anyway, am interested to know if you're considering it.

Supermutant
Superman threads always bring out the best in everyone. I am teaming up with Carver and Alberto to represent Pro. Hulk.

DarkSaint85
I think you guys should list the guys first or make a post with all the guys that could be used in this BZ. OR I guess the guys that want to participate can just say I'll rep this guy. Should be good to see.

Well, I was envisioning it being the usual suspects. Surfer, Thor, Hulk, WW, that kinda thing.

In effect, it will combine ALL the usual arguments about 'XXX vs Superman' and contain them into one thread.

Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Remember this is Dark vs the world.

Is it? evil face

Badabing
So am thinking of an open to all Superman BZ thread. No one under HH. Bring me your Thors, your Surfers, your Hulk's, your WWs.

Full capacity, in character, full knowledge of each other. He fights each opponent on their own, one after the other, fully healed and rested between rounds.

BFR is on, but if he can zip away and come back, that's fair game (because he hasn't been removed against his will).

Thoughts? Who would judge? Only Carver with WB Hulk has a chance.

leonidas
bada's out. sneer

Badabing
laughing out loud

carver9
Numbers of suns doesn't matter, it's about how much time he spent in them and it was probably a few seconds.

He was near death and dove through one sun instantly and it took him far above his average power level. Are you telling me the other suns did nothing? One sun amped him TREMENDOUSLY. Why even dive in other suns if it doesnt serve a purpose. Stop.

playa1258
Have Silent Master and BruceSkywalker be judges in this BZ for Superman.

DarkSaint85
He was near death and dove through one sun instantly and it took him far above his average power level. Are you telling me the other suns did nothing? One sun amped him TREMENDOUSLY. Why even dive in other suns if it doesnt serve a purpose. Stop.

Not the place, Carv. If you want to debate it, then join the BZ challenge.

leonidas
so are you waiting for others to join in? were you thinking of doing an OP against each opponent, or one OP that covers everyone (mine) else's?

DarkSaint85
so are you waiting for others to join in? were you thinking of doing an OP against each opponent, or one OP that covers everyone (mine) else's?

I was thinking (and again, discussions welcome) of you guys all get one post, and I potentially get one post for each opponent (so three for three opponents etc).

Thread gets opened, with all the OPs posted. They are all SEPARATE matches, so no team ups, and no getting in each other's way.

LordofBrooklyn
ALL SUPERMAN VERSUS TOPICS GO TO THE OFFICIAL SUPERMAN VERSUS THREAD!!!!

Galan007
Yep. Post 'em there. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Yep. Post 'em there. thumb up

YOU BETTER REOPEN THAT THREAD!!!

Galan007
Nah.

LordofBrooklyn
Nah.

I AM GIVING YOU A CHOICE BETWEEN OBEDIENCE AND OBLIVION!!!

CHOOSE THE FORMER!!!

BrolyBlack
Shut up

leonidas
so i'm the only one gonna do this, aren't i? lol i get not wanting to use thor and hulk, tbh. the speed issue is essentially insurmountable. still, if no one steps up, i suppose i could write an OP for each of them as well. be nice if someone else stepped up though. c'mon kmc, don't let saint bully you like this!

incidentally, is it JUST marvel heralds, or any heralds? since everyone is so sure supes is trans (or higher--much higher according to some....) any herald should do. and if you'd like, it would be awesome if you went into one of the matches blind! lol not surfer, i already said i'd do that. nor hulk or thor. but if supes really is so far above other heralds, it shouldn't really matter who he steps in there with. after you beat ss, (and if i have to hulk and thor as well....) maybe do a single post blind match against a random herald of my choice? that might be fun.

btw, i know you chose single post format because i have never won a single post match in my life--at least not on my own. lol smurph, where are you when i need you....?

cdtm
So my idea would be we all agree a 'pool' of characters to test against Superman. These would be his usual rivals - Thor, Surfer, Hulk, Hyperion, Hal, WW, Shazam, Black Adam, etc

Probably would be Marvel heavy, because it's a general consensus Superman is top dog in DC, but we can see. The usual suspects are the trinity of Thor, Hulk and Surfer anyway, so we can just do those three.

Then, we can have different 'teams'. Team Hulk, for example, would argue their corner, Team Thor etc, against Team Superman.

Basically, it would be similar to the Trans level tourney, except we have a limited pool of characters to choose from, and we would have teams behind each character.

Is Superman truly above the heralds? And I say use a limited pool, because there will always be some team who think it's clever to use Longshot, for example, and try a no limits argument. Or Constantine with prep, and start firing time travel spells etc. In short, no weird hax powers - the aim of the BZ would be for everyone to show how hey, Superman is not unique - EVERY herald worth their salt also has high end showings.

We would be limited by the in character rule - so for example, I can't say Superman flies over, tears Hulk's head off and cauterises the neck wound with HV, before flinging the body into the Sun. But full capacity still applies, so Superman can still use his speed.

It is to showcase we do, in fact, understand not only the powers of our character, but also...well, their character.

So does Monica shooting energy into Supermans brain count as either hax, or out of character?

DarkSaint85
so i'm the only one gonna do this, aren't i? lol i get not wanting to use thor and hulk, tbh. the speed issue is essentially insurmountable. still, if no one steps up, i suppose i could write an OP for each of them as well. be nice if someone else stepped up though. c'mon kmc, don't let saint bully you like this!

incidentally, is it JUST marvel heralds, or any heralds? since everyone is so sure supes is trans (or higher--much higher according to some....) any herald should do. and if you'd like, it would be awesome if you went into one of the matches blind! lol not surfer, i already said i'd do that. nor hulk or thor. but if supes really is so far above other heralds, it shouldn't really matter who he steps in there with. after you beat ss, (and if i have to hulk and thor as well....) maybe do a single post blind match against a random herald of my choice? that might be fun.

btw, i know you chose single post format because i have never won a single post match in my life--at least not on my own. lol smurph, where are you when i need you....?

Well the point of the BZs against his 'rivals' was to stop the usual threads that appear every few weeks/months...you know the ones, where Superman has to fight Hulk AGAIN, or in a JL/Avengers match, he has to fight Thor AGAIN etc. Then it devolves into toxicity from both sides. Whereas now, we limit it to this thread, then draw a line under them. Then Supes can be used again, against new and interesting match ups.

That's why I'm loathe to include other heralds or characters. Who were you thinking of? If it's someone he's always put up against in the forum, we can consider it?

No blind BZ. Forum rules state we at least have basic knowledge of each other, in generic matches.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
So does Monica shooting energy into Supermans brain count as either hax, or out of character?

It counts as a useless attack laughing out loud but yeah, see my reply to Leo above. Am hoping after these BZs, matches like yours can come back in

leonidas
Well the point of the BZs against his 'rivals' was to stop the usual threads that appear every few weeks/months...you know the ones, where Superman has to fight Hulk AGAIN, or in a JL/Avengers match, he has to fight Thor AGAIN etc. Then it devolves into toxicity from both sides. Whereas now, we limit it to this thread, then draw a line under them. Then Supes can be used again, against new and interesting match ups.

That's why I'm loathe to include other heralds or characters. Who were you thinking of? If it's someone he's always put up against in the forum, we can consider it?

No blind BZ. Forum rules state we at least have basic knowledge of each other, in generic matches.

ah, ok. i thought this was more about showing superman was trans or higher, but it's more along the lines of superman>>marvel heralds. no worries, we can stick to the big 3 and hope someone else steps up i guess.

Bentley
Well, if this is about Superman fighting with his peers then it would make sense for him to face both Thor and Hulk with speed equalized. If that's the statement of the BZ then more people might bite into it.

Most of us agreed that Superman won the battle through speed way before the high showings even started

DarkSaint85
ah, ok. i thought this was more about showing superman was trans or higher, but it's more along the lines of superman>>marvel heralds. no worries, we can stick to the big 3 and hope someone else steps up i guess.

We can add WW, Shazam, Black Adam et Al if you want the pool. It's Superman vs his traditional forum peers, not 'find a guy below HH who can beat him'.

Philosophía
If this doesn't materialize, I'll be willing to make a Superman vs Surfer battlezone in mid-end July.

I'll be kind, and even allow for no offensive speedblitz by Superman.

And I'd like it to be something like 4-5 posts each, to be thorough.

Galan007
You should rep Surfer. leo should rep Superman.

abhi should be the only judge.

thumb up

abhilegend
Are you trying to kill me?

Galan007
laughing out loud

Philosophía
Well, I have beaten Hal with Thor.

It would be ten times harder to beat Superman with Surfer, but still. There's a chance

leonidas

leonidas

DarkSaint85

leonidas
Lol. What bz against whom?

Damborgson
You seem to forget that I also used the Hulk and got wrecked thumb up

Also if it's open to multiple posters, I'll take Thor.

DarkSaint85
I meant BZs that mattered, obvs.

A THOR SUPPORTER!!!

All we need now is a Hulk supporter.

Mods, if nobody steps up, can we have a ruling that Hulk is forevermore below these combatants in forum threads?

carver9
I meant BZs that mattered, obvs.

A THOR SUPPORTER!!!

All we need now is a Hulk supporter.

Mods, if nobody steps up, can we have a ruling that Hulk is forevermore below these combatants in forum threads?

You cant make people BZ. Also, if you're trying to prove something, why not open it up to ALL tiers under whatever tier Superman is in. Dont be afraid. Do it.

Damborgson
Are we allowed to collaborate?

leonidas
Not during the match. Each character is a single post individual match I guess.

Damborgson
I see....

I look forward to leaving Superman a twitching mess on the ground.

Also no to Abhi.

Philosophía
https://i.imgur.com/fdC3uZv.png

Quick Freeze
Man I would love to judge just cuz I love debates but I can't commit the time right now. I'm def disappointed that none of the Hulk fans are down to participate! This is a cool idea DS to breathe some life back into this thing! Leo on SS is gonna be sweet!

DarkSaint85
You cant make people BZ. Also, if you're trying to prove something, why not open it up to ALL tiers under whatever tier Superman is in. Dont be afraid. Do it.

I have?

All in the HH tier and below, and it's open to all of his rivals. Black Adam, Shazam are mid heralds. Hulk is mid herald. WW is High. Orion is High.

I mean, if you want Frankenstein, he's Low Herald, so go for it. Blue Marvel? Hyperion?

What I wanted to avoid was 'interesting' matchups, so we can have them in the normal forum. This BZ is to collate all of the 'usual' matches that go round and round and round in circles, never going anywhere.

If Hulk for example, cannot be defended, then that is concrete proof he's below Supes (and anyone else that steps up).

@Damborg: zero collaboration. They all take place on the same planet etc, but for all intents and purposes they're completely separate - they take place at different times. Imagine it's all taking place in parallel dimensions

Damborgson
Damn, that does complicate things for me lol.

Get ready to see some fancy debating.

Philosophía
Is there a single person on this forum who sincerely believes that, while he is in control of Hulk, he'd beat another person in control of Superman? Because I really don't believe there is.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Damborgson
Damn, that does complicate things for me lol.

Get ready to see some fancy debating.

And no, you can't cross over or send other people over etc etc. Zero interaction.

@Philo: it's not even the in control part. Like I said, not doing things out of character here.

Carv, and anyone else, I'll turn BFR off, so Hulk won't be thrown into space.

Damborgson
Make these guys fight in character and Hulk would now be a much more attractive option for a BZ.

Philosophía
Hm.

So is this a 'forum fight' or a 'battlezone fight'?

I.e.

forum fight = PIS off but CIS on
battlezone = PIS off, CIS off, full control by poster

I guess it's a forum fight, since the whole discussion revolves around him being too much for the rest on the forum?

DarkSaint85

Thoughts? Who would judge?

It is in character, always has been.

Philosophía
thumb up

Surely somebody will take Hulk now?

DarkSaint85
It's a forum fight, but NOT a scenario fight. Why is Thor mad at Superman and fighting him? Who knows, who cares.

They're all here to fight, and to win. But that doesn't mean OOC attacks, like Superman tearing heads off and throwing them to the Moon whilst using HV to cauterize neck wounds.

Superman isn't here to talk them down, or to get the measure of their punches, or to challenge himself. Thor isn't here to show off to Jane how many punches he can take, or how he doesn't need Mjolnir to fight or any crap like that. A pure forum fight, as KMC has always been set up from the beginning for.

In effect, it's issue 2 of a 4 book miniseries lol, where all the talking has already occurred.

Damborgson
It's a forum fight, but NOT a scenario fight. Why is Thor mad at Superman and fighting him? Who knows, who cares.

They're all here to fight, and to win. But that doesn't mean OOC attacks, like Superman tearing heads off and throwing them to the Moon whilst using HV to cauterize neck wounds.

Superman isn't here to talk them down, or to get the measure of their punches, or to challenge himself. Thor isn't here to show off to Jane how many punches he can take, or how he doesn't need Mjolnir to fight or any crap like that. A pure forum fight, as KMC has always been set up from the beginning for.

In effect, it's issue 2 of a 4 book miniseries lol, where all the talking has already occurred.

Woah, hold up. So this is not your standard, you control the characters BZ, the still act with a semblance of decency?

So then, Superman would effectively not be out to kill anyone. And we have to fight in a way that is substantiated with how they'd fight in the comics?

DarkSaint85
Woah, hold up. So this is not your standard, you control the characters BZ, the still act with a semblance of decency?

So then, Superman would effectively not be out to kill anyone. And we have to fight in a way that is substantiated with how they'd fight in the comics?

From Galan:

From -Pr-:

Link:http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=659628&pagenumber=6

DarkSaint85
Those are the rules as we operate under for this match. It's a forum BZ, so it's not us, it's them. It's to show how well we not only know the powers but also the character of our ....well, character.

carver9
Powerset debate. Philo, calm down. The battle zones that have been going on within KMC walls are usually done by the same people in a repeat fashion. It's not that people dont want to rep anyone, everyone just does not like doing BZ. Timely and a waste.

DarkSaint85
Powerset debate. Philo, calm down. The battle zones that have been going on within KMC walls are usually done by the same people in a repeat fashion. It's not that people dont want to rep anyone, everyone just does not like doing BZ. Timely and a waste.

Yes, but this time, it's not US in control, it's the characters in control, using forum rules.

Just reiterating for all to see, in case people are confused. This isn't your usual BZ, where Flash can create an entire army of time clones.

Philosophía
Powerset debate. Philo, calm down. The battle zones that have been going on within KMC walls are usually done by the same people in a repeat fashion. It's not that people dont want to rep anyone, everyone just does not like doing BZ. Timely and a waste. That's a long winded way to say that you're a bitc* made coward.

carver9
Philo, you are so weird to me. Soooooooo weird.

DarkSaint85
Phildo, not the time nor place. Save that for the BZ.

Carver, I mean.....Am quoting the mods here. It is what it is. Not the thread to debate it.

Which characters were you thinking of when you said you wanted to open it up to everyone?

Damborgson
No sundipping for Superman correct ?

leonidas
of course not. i'd assumed this was a standard ring-style forum match. neutral bf, something like an empty park or desert or whatever. he wouldn't even be able to sun dip without bfr'ing himself.

for hulk, is this current hulk, or what?

Damborgson
Good, good...

Are we waiting for a third combatant to round off Marvels trio?

Psycho Gundam maybe?

leonidas
not sure. i really don't see anyone trying to take hulk against supes in a bz scenario, and i haven't seen pg in a match or even a debate for a longggg time.

DarkSaint85
No sundipping for Superman correct ?

Is there?

leonidas
lol not unless you want to make the bf a solar system....

DarkSaint85
lol not unless you want to make the bf a solar system....

Not a bad idea; then Hulk can't be BFRd....

leonidas
can't be bfr'd in a standard ring either. thumb up

Damborgson
Is there?

Yeah, answer that lol.

I just want to make sure theres no shenanigans where Superman quickly goes and refreshes himself with sunlight should he be in a tight spot.

Supermutant
for hulk, is this current hulk, or what?

I'm taking Loebforce Rulk seriously, and the plot thins.

leonidas
For real? You want in with rulk?

Damborgson
Do it.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, answer that lol.

I just want to make sure theres no shenanigans where Superman quickly goes and refreshes himself with sunlight should he be in a tight spot.

I mean....... he's done it before evil face

Damborgson
I mean....... he's done it before evil face

https://media.tenor.com/images/e29d83a1d02a23f2c61a42d7a4d04025/tenor.gif

Supermutant
so Loeb force Rulk is in and Supes fight in character? What are the other rules?

DarkSaint85
Basic knowledge. BFR is on, battlefield is the solar system so Supes doesn't chuck people into space, full capacity is on.

In effect, it's as normal a forum match as possible.

Supermutant
Lol only if that solar system has a red sun in the center. And since Rulk cant fly he could be potentially stranded in space.

leonidas
a normal forum match with a solar system-sized bf? laughing out loud normal matches have cities for bf's or are defaulted into ring-style matches. i thought the point of this was trying to prove normal superman>>peers.... so why are you complicating this? lol

DarkSaint85
a normal forum match with a solar system-sized bf? laughing out loud normal matches have cities for bf's or are defaulted into ring-style matches. i thought the point of this was trying to prove normal superman>>peers.... so why are you complicating this? lol

Sure, we can have a ring thumb up

BFR on, ring sized bf, 500m starting distance.

leonidas
For hulk and ss? And you never said if you wanted this to be current hulk or.....whatever version.

DarkSaint85
For hulk and ss? And you never said if you wanted this to be current hulk or.....whatever version.

Yeah for all.

Current Hulk, I reckon. Carv, feel free to chime in (not baiting, am genuinely curious who YOU would think is a good rival to Supes).

leonidas
thumb up

Supermutant
Nevermind me then, carry on this should be interesting

Damborgson
BFR is on ?

Interesting....

Damborgson
Super, have you considered Dr. Strange?

DarkSaint85
Yes, Dr Strange and Superman threads always descend into toxicity lmao

Edit: also, does no one read OPs anymore?

Damborgson
Sorry, I didn't even see that Dr. Strange was in the trans tier ?

Makes the secret wars tournament all the more satisfying thumb up

leonidas

DarkSaint85

leonidas

DarkSaint85

leonidas
cool. if you don't want a ring/dome, it's your match. but if that's the case, no real point in using hulk i guess.

Damborgson
BFR in general is going to cheapen it a bit, but meh.

DarkSaint85
cool. if you don't want a ring/dome, it's your match. but if that's the case, no real point in using hulk i guess.

There's NEVER been a 'dome' around battlefields in the default rules; that's just a forum myth.

Same way it has NEVER said anything about 'average' portrayals, or that showings needed to occur X amount of times.

I am returning KMC to its roots.

carver9
Finally. Now people cant argue about Thor or Surfer beating HP Doomsday 10/10 with ease.

MrMind
Finally. Now people cant argue about Thor or Surfer beating HP Doomsday 10/10 with ease.

only retards like you think thor or surfer beat hp doomsday 10/10 with ease

carver9
only retards like you think thor or surfer beat hp doomsday 10/10 with ease

Thor bolts a teleportation lightning on top of him bfr him to the sun for the 10/10.

Surfer drops him in a portal bfring him out of space for the 10/10. Are these things I've mentioned within their power to do? You are literally one of the easiest people on KMC to debate against.

MrMind
Thor bolts a teleportation lightning on top of him bfr him to the sun for the 10/10.

Surfer drops him in a portal bfring him out of space for the 10/10. Are these things I've mentioned within their power to do? You are literally one of the easiest people on KMC to debate against.

I don't waste time on stupid like you, forum punching bag

carver9
I don't waste time on stupid like you, forum punching bag

Nothing to say. Glad I ended that. Now stop trying to dispute things you have no clue about. Cant wait to see your next Hulk thread.

smile

MrMind
Nothing to say. Glad I ended that. Now stop trying to dispute things you have no clue about. Cant wait to see your next Hulk thread.

smile

your boy bran lost to me in bz repping you, and he was 10 times better debator than you

you are quanchi level, meaning you should give up battle forum for life

DarkSaint85
Not the place for this, guys. Carver, if you don't want to step up with a BZ, feel free to leave. I can't say it would be an easy win for Supes against Hulk, but if all you do is sit on the sidelines and snipe, that's not actually contributing anything.

Mr Mind, Carver is obviously just trying to bait you. If you do rise to it, don't do it in this thread.

carver9
your boy bran lost to me in bz repping you, and he was 10 times better debator than you

you are quanchi level, meaning you should give up battle forum for life

Bran was playing with you. laughing out loud

Quanchi level? You must have low self esteem? Why are you trying to bash Quan when he isnt here?

MrMind
Bran was playing with you. laughing out loud

Quanchi level? You must have low self esteem? Why are you trying to bash Quan when he isnt here?

he lost, get over it kid

with your ugly face as his closing statement

How does it feel seeing your beloved hulk getting mercilessly raped by me?

what are you almost reaching 40 years old? you been here 15 years, with over 80000 posts of retardation. think about that for a second

anyway i'm done here

DarkSaint85
One last thing.

This ISN'T a powerset debate.

Is it within Superman's powerset to BBQ his opponents with HV, then eat them using his super strong jaws and teeth? Why, yes, yes it is.

But no one argues that way. Why? Because it's not in his character.

THAT'S powerset debating. And that is not what this BZ is about.

carver9
I'm not going to derail Darksaint thread. I'll fight the temptation of responding to that post.

Damborgson
One last thing.

This ISN'T a powerset debate.

Is it within Superman's powerset to BBQ his opponents with HV, then eat them using his super strong jaws and teeth? Why, yes, yes it is.

But no one argues that way. Why? Because it's not in his character.

THAT'S powerset debating. And that is not what this BZ is about.

Sure, sure.

So no teleporting Mjolnir inside your chest and whatnot.

leonidas
There's NEVER been a 'dome' around battlefields in the default rules; that's just a forum myth.

Same way it has NEVER said anything about 'average' portrayals, or that showings needed to occur X amount of times.

I am returning KMC to its roots.

not all myths are bad ones, and they typically get propagated because they make sense, like not all rules are good ones and so get edged to the side. when 2 people argue in a bar who'd win in a fight, hulk or superman, you think one of them says superman wins because he flies hulk to space? imagine if every boxing and mma fight ended when someone fell out of the ring because the ring was removed. there's having characters battle in the spirit of the fight, and there's not. you're not returning kmc to its roots, my friend. you're just setting up a couple of single post matches under conditions most assume already take place. only this time it's one post. no one is going to argue superman can bfr hulk. that won't stop the REAL debate between them. /shrug

DarkSaint85
not all myths are bad ones, and they typically get propagated because they make sense, like not all rules are good ones and so get edged to the side. when 2 people argue in a bar who'd win in a fight, hulk or superman, you think one of them says superman wins because he flies hulk to space? imagine if every boxing and mma fight ended when someone fell out of the ring because the ring was removed. there's having characters battle in the spirit of the fight, and there's not. you're not returning kmc to its roots, my friend. you're just setting up a couple of single post matches under conditions most assume already take place. only this time it's one post. no one is going to argue superman can bfr hulk. that won't stop the REAL debate between them. /shrug

Except there's a ring out rule in boxing lol. It can happen, it's just that in boxing there isn't a gap between the boxers as wide as it is between Hulk and Superman.

But a rule does indeed exist in boxing, and it is a legit win tactic.

It's not common, because it's bloody hard to uppercut someone out of the rung, despite what Street Fighter tells us. But in combat sports where holds and throws are allowed...it happens all the time. Wrestling. Sumo. A BFR is a very common automatic win.

That's why I offered the solar system, and you guys laughed me out.

DarkSaint85
Sure, sure.

So no teleporting Mjolnir inside your chest and whatnot.

Well, this is why I wanted judges who knew comics (and not say from the movie forum). And another reason why I wanted the opponents to be the 'usual rivals', because they're well known.

It would be easy for me, for example, to selectively choose scans and say 'Spiderman is a bloodthirsty killer, and would open the match with face ripping'. I mean, the scans exist.

But those who know comics and know something of Spiderman, would know hey, he doesn't go around doing this. And would call me out.

Damborgson
Hmm...that's not the usual style either.

The judges may or may not accept your stance on something, given the evidence you provide, but their individual views or knowledge on a character should not factor into anything other than blatant despicable lying.

Other than that, we need to provide hard proof for our case. And they judge if they buy it or not, based on our effectiveness, not their personal knowledge.

For instance, if I provide hard proof for Thor fighting exotically (within reason) I don't want to have to worry about judge X going, I don't buy it, he usually fights hand to hand, therefore I'm gonna nudge that part of the post.

It would however be despicable lying on my part that to say, "yes as you can see Thor may very well start off with a soul steal." and I would likely not be able to back it up.

DarkSaint85
Hmm...that's not the usual style either.

The judges may or may not accept your stance on something, given the evidence you provide, but their individual views or knowledge on a character should not factor into anything other than blatant despicable lying.

Other than that, we need to provide hard proof for our case. And they judge if they buy it or not, based on our effectiveness, not their personal knowledge.

For instance, if I provide hard proof for Thor fighting exotically (within reason) I don't want to have to worry about judge X going, I don't buy it, he usually fights hand to hand, therefore I'm gonna nudge that part of the post.

It would however be despicable lying on my part that to say, "yes as you can see Thor may very well start off with a soul steal." and I would likely not be able to back it up.

True, and I guess it's because I gave a 1post limit where nobody can call each other out:

' What??? DS said that Superman bites Hulk's face off??? Well.....he DID post those two scans of Superman biting....hmmmm....'

Do you think we should have a couple more posts? I said one because obviously, it cuts down on my workload lol as I thought I'd be fighting three opponents. Plus it means you guys can't start pirating arguments off each other lol.

Philosophía
You can argue anything in a one post bz if you're not being countered and judges general knowledge is zero.

There was a bz a while back where there were scans used to show surfer tramsmutates Mjolnir. Leo knows what I'm talking about - as does Damborg since I'm pretty sure he hosted it.

Damborgson
Yeah, it was the Worthy Tournament iirc.

I'm still game for this DS. thumb up However it turns out lol.

DarkSaint85
Haha ok. So far I have you with Thor and Leo with Surfer.

I assume current Surfer and Classic Thor?

IF anyone wants to step up with Hulk, I was thinking Savage. Immortal is too weak against Supes, I feel.

For WW, I was thinking current,but not Witchmarked or whatever. The 'usual' WW.

Billy, was to be pre 52, just for more feats.

With Superman, what versions were you guys thinking in your mind?

leonidas
could always ask newjak to judge, i guess. that would be 3 mods. if it's one post i could put one in for current hulk i guess. if it's multiple posts i don't have time to bz for 2 guys right now and won't have for another couple weeks at least. i don't care either way. if anyone argues for some ridiculous attack it would be picked out by the judges or pointed out by the forum anyway so one post or multiple doesn't matter to me.

Damborgson
Hold up, who are the considered judges ?

leonidas

Damborgson
Yeah all of them sound fine to me.

Smurph, KM, Blair, etc., are also all good.

Quick Freeze
I'm super bummed and don't understand why no one wants to back hulk when there are so many here who argue on his behalf, and so often. I own the fact I just simply would not do well in a BZ (nor do I have the time as I have a big exam coming up), but if you're a Hulk fan and you're reading this, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! HULK IS HULK!

DarkSaint85
Am also interested in how you guys are observing Doomsday Clock; which is to say, that ALL of Superman's feats are canon (pre, Post crisis)?

leonidas

leonidas

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>