Dune: The Sisterhood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
a tv series about the bene gesserit is on the way.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dune-sisterhood-tv-series-a-go-at-warnermedia-1217286

i'm looking forward to it. hope they get it right thumb up

BruceSkywalker
just read about this..

i'm generally excited

Putinbot1
Interesting, viruses in the poon and all I hope.

riv6672
just read about this..

Meh

Bashar Teg
Indira Varma will play "Empress Natalya"

Patient_Leech
I hope Whoopi Goldberg is going to be in this.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/800/cpsprodpb/F2AD/production/_109352126_sister_act_musical_getty.jpg

Robtard
As KMC's official greatest Dune fan, I approve of this show thumb up

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Indira Varma will play "Empress Natalya"

She's a good choice. Liked her since Rome (still one of HBO's best shows)

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
As KMC's official greatest Dune fan, I approve of this show thumb up laughing out loud Bash didn't bite!Originally posted by jaden_2.0
She's a good choice. Liked her since Rome (still one of HBO's best shows) Yeah, good choice.

Bashar Teg
really? nobody scratching their head over "empress". I'm guessing this takes place long before the events of dune. oh well...i had this silly fantasy that it would take place during the reign of god emperor leto II.

Bashar Teg
imdb shows a few harkonnen actresses, so this might deals with the atreides/harkonnen blood feud, perhaps we see the young barron and grandfather duke leto, and we see him get gored by a bull. then again..."empress", so this has to predate the current emperor shaddam iv...unless she's his wife and my guess is correct?

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
She's a good choice. Liked her since Rome (still one of HBO's best shows)

I've seen Rome three times, been thinking of watching it again.

Robtard
imdb shows a few harkonnen actresses, so this might deals with the atreides/harkonnen blood feud, perhaps we see the young barron and grandfather duke leto, and we see him get gored by a bull. then again..."empress", so this has to predate the current emperor shaddam iv...unless she's his wife and my guess is correct?

From what I've read the main theories are she's either an amalgam of different characters from the books or an entirely new character.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
laughing out loud Bash didn't bite! Yeah, good choice.

He'll be biting something else!

ares834
really? nobody scratching their head over "empress". I'm guessing this takes place long before the events of dune. oh well...i had this silly fantasy that it would take place during the reign of god emperor leto II.

Yes. It's been mentioned that it's a prequel. Apparently it's an adaptation of "Sisterhood of Dune" which was written by Brian and KJA. The fact that it's based on Brian's books killed off all enthusiasm I had for this.

Bashar Teg
did you hear that? that was the sound of my own enthusiasm dying sad

Originally posted by Robtard
From what I've read the main theories are she's either an amalgam of different characters from the books or an entirely new character.

bene gesserit have little tolerance for nicknames as they tend to bring out friendly affection from other sisters. (the exceptions being dar and tar from dune heretics)

cdtm
Bene Gesserit were the least interesting part of Dune imo.

They're no Second Foundation.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
Yes. It's been mentioned that it's a prequel. Apparently it's an adaptation of "Sisterhood of Dune" which was written by Brian and KJA. The fact that it's based on Brian's books killed off all enthusiasm I had for this.

Gross.

I'll still wait for a preview to judge further and likely give the first two episodes a shot before I abandon all hope.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.