Favorite Pre 80s Horror films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage

Khazra Reborn
If you like Hammer, the Universal monsters are more good stuff in the same vein. If you like corny stuff from the 30s-40s all of the Boris Karloff/Bela Lugosi collaboration films were good fun.

Flyattractor
OH there is SHIT TONS of Good Horror Flicks. Jaws. Hills Have Eyes.
Last House On the Left. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. HALLOWEEN! Plus all the Satanic Biker Gang Movies..

Lots of Horror Gold.

Kazenji
The original Dawn of the Dead
Halloween
The Omen
Alien
Phantasm

to name a few.

riv6672

Adam Grimes
Salem's Lot is soooo ****ing good.

riv6672
Agreed, that one holds up well; excellent creep factor.

Eon Blue
The Exorcist.
House of Wax.

david196520
I Spit on Your Grave

cricketcole
The '80s were a phenomenal time for aficionados of the gruesome, the gory, and the ghoulish. Both independent and mainstream cinematic offerings delivered chills that stayed with you long after you'd left the theater and curled up in bed, wondering about what might be lurking in your closet, or just outside your window.
docsbay.net/the-50-horror-films-from-the-1980s

Happy Birthday to Me_(1981)

riv6672
Originally posted by david196520
I Spit on Your Grave
Oh yeah well i poop on your shoes mad

Flyattractor
I don't recall that sequel.

roughrider
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Black Christmas, Halloween and Alien are the gold standard of 1970's horror. Not just great horror movies, but great, well made movies too.

Dr Will Hatch
Who said the 80s is the best decade for horror?

Anyway, there's a boatload of great movies. Spider Baby, The Exorcist, Psycho, Peeping Tom, Night of the Hunter, Cat People, Nosferatu, 2000 Maniacs, The Last House On The Left, Suspiria, Jaws, Rosemary's Baby, Dawn of the Dead, Phantasm, THEM!, Invasion of the Body Snatchers...

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,

The original film wasn't that great

if other people think it is, Then more power to them.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
The original film wasn't that great

if other people think it is, Then more power to them.

The original Chainsaw is, like the original Halloween, surprisingly light on visible blood. It goes to show you don't need constant gore to create terror and suspense, just good film making skill.

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
The original Chainsaw is, like the original Halloween, surprisingly light on visible blood. It goes to show you don't need constant gore to create terror and suspense, just good film making skill.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT77Y8eeEhBA8NQwLK/giphy.gif

i still don't like it and it has nothing to do with the lack of gore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.