Gladiator 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

SquallX

riv6672
^^^i heard a out that script. Ugh

As for this idea well, if they want to make a gladiator/historical action movie fine. No reason to tie it to the actual movie GLADIATOR, though, other than piggybacking off its rep.
And that can backfire more often than not, due to unfavorable comparisons.

Example, GODZILLA 1998 was a decent monster movie in itself, and there was really no need to even call it Godzilla/tie it to that franchise. It came off looking worse for doing so.

carthage

BrolyBlack

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^i heard a out that script. Ugh

As for this idea well, if they want to make a gladiator/historical action movie fine. No reason to tie it to the actual movie GLADIATOR, though, other than piggybacking off its rep.
And that can backfire more often than not, due to unfavorable comparisons.

Example, GODZILLA 1998 was a decent monster movie in itself, and there was really no need to even call it Godzilla/tie it to that franchise. It came off looking worse for doing so.

thumb up Decent monster movie, just not what people want from Godzilla. Which is monster fights, and shrugging off conventional weapons.

This will always be a hillarious comparison:

zPxhdo4HDgg

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2

I'm always down for a good Roman epic, so I'm curious what they're doing with this, who's directing, plot and who'll they cast. Hopefully is a superb film like Gladiator and not some cheap abortion banking on name recognition to carry it along.

Even though the timeline isn't accurate as Commodus didn't die in 180/1 A.D. They could spin it and do a film based on the tumultuous "Year of the Five Emperors" civil war, which happened right after Commodus died.

SquallX
Originally posted by cdtm
thumb up Decent monster movie, just not what people want from Godzilla. Which is monster fights, and shrugging off conventional weapons.

This will always be a hillarious comparison:

zPxhdo4HDgg

Godzilla Final Wars was the shit.

riv6672

Kazenji
Originally posted by SquallX
Godzilla Final Wars was the shit.

To actually think that there are people out there that aren't a fan of Final Wars.

MrMind
for some reason I was thinking of marvel's gladiator lol

Eon Blue
Stupid idea for a film.

steverules_2
Originally posted by riv6672

Funnily enough the other day I was thinking what if 1998 Godzilla had been its own thing and not had the Godzilla name, wonder if people woulda said it had ripped off Godzilla

riv6672
There would have been comparisons, but i personally think it would have stood on its own. Instead its always going to be hated just for daring to mess w. the established formula.

steverules_2
The animated show was good

SquallX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.