Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
The Main Man is getting his own series.

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/lobo-tv-series-syfy/amp/

Galan007
Wait, so is this going to be the same Lobo from the Krypton show..? The one with the random Scottish accent..? The one who looks like the Crow f*cked Rob Zombie..?

Hard pass... ermm

BruceSkywalker
haven't watched season premiere of krypton yet but will tomorrow to see if lobo is worthy of his own show

Darth Thor
Just seeing a picture of him makes this a hard pass for me.

Flyattractor
Ehh. Its SEEFEE so I won't expect too much. But I will keep an open mind before I make judgement...although I am sure the Krypton Show will be Crap over all..seeing as how it IS a Soap Opera...in space.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
Wait, so is this going to be the same Lobo from the Krypton show..? The one with the random Scottish accent..? The one who looks like the Crow f*cked Rob Zombie..?

Hard pass... ermm

Not Scottish, Irish... Dick.

==

Season 1 of Krypton pleasantly surprised me, so I'll give this a look.

Galan007
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not Scottish, Irish... Dick. potato/potahto. thumb up

samhain
potato/potahto. thumb up

Being totally honest... I like what you did there.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Ehh. Its SEEFEE so I won't expect too much. But I will keep an open mind before I make judgement...although I am sure the Krypton Show will be Crap over all..seeing as how it IS a Soap Opera...in space. This reviewer said Lobo was a joy.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.denofgeek.com/us/tv/dc-entertainment/281692/krypton-season-2-episode-1-review-light-years-from-home

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
This reviewer said Lobo was a joy.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.denofgeek.com/us/tv/dc-entertainment/281692/krypton-season-2-episode-1-review-light-years-from-home

Well thats good to hear. And I also enjoyed S1 of Krypton.

But Just feel like Lobo should be CGI, and not a guy in make up.

I know you cant do that on a tv budget (especially not a sci-fy one), but then dont give him a show... Save his solo outing for the big screen one day.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well thats good to hear. And I also enjoyed S1 of Krypton.

I know you cant do that on a tv budget (especially not a sci-fy one), but then dont give him a show... Save his solo outing for the big screen one day.

I kind of agree with that. Lobo is not the Type of Character you give a "Series". A Mini/Movie yes, but Not a Series.

juggernaut74
I think a intergalactic bounty hunter would make for a great series. A lot of story potential imo.

BruceSkywalker
watched season 2 premiere of Krypton, while pretty good, Lobo kind of sucked.. I'll assume he'll be in episode 2 so hopefully he have more to do

Flyattractor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I think a intergalactic bounty hunter would make for a great series. A lot of story potential imo.

Kind of like Killjoys only with less Soap Drama.

Well we can hope.

Putinbot1
This is going to be bad... Sadly.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Yeah, they should do him like they do characters such as Hulk, Thanos etc. But that is obviously a lot more expensive than just slapping some makeup and leather on a buff guy.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, they should do him like they do characters such as Hulk, Thanos etc. But that is obviously a lot more expensive than just slapping some makeup and leather on a buff guy.

Which is why he shouldnt be given a live action tv series, unless they are willing to spend 10mill per episode.

Something like A Hulk show may have been feasible because hed spend most the episode as a human. Plus Disney are spending 10mill per episode on their Disney+ shows.

juggernaut74
Krypton episodes do look good I'll say that.

But I'd rather have a big screen version.

Flyattractor
I would rather have a animated version. WB would just FRAG Up a Live Action movie.

Robtard

Hard pass... ermm

Not seen that, but lolz at the descriptions

Flyattractor

Hard pass... ermm

They did put in a Kiss Army Joke in. That got a chuckle out of me.

juggernaut74
While I haven't watched Krypton season 2 yet I'm hearing good things about Lobo.

Anybody watching?

-Pr-
He was in the first episode right at the end, but has a more prominent role in the second episode. For what it's worth, I think the actor is doing okay. His accent is a bit all over the place, but he's going over the top with it, which is what I would expect from someone playing Lobo.

With some better writing, I think he'll be fine.

Flyattractor
Yeah. The Guy's Accent is the biggest Con of his Performance. He can be a little hard to make out at times.

And He pronounces "Bastich" in a really funny way.

-Pr-
Yeah, and he pronounced it differently a couple of times too, which was jarring.

His accent is an at-times exaggerated accent commonly found on the eastern side of Ireland, though I noticed a few times him trying to rein it in. It doesn't help that when you speak that accent at the speed Irish people that speak it typically do, it can be hard for some foreigners to understand (I can personally attest to this).

If he was more consistent and maybe softened his speech some, I'd like him more.

Flyattractor
Hopefully He will settle it down as He gets on in the season...and Tottaly Not Able to get into the rest of the Krypton Story. That is just Meh..Seen It Before.

BruceSkywalker
watched the first couple eps of krypton... lobo has gotten better. the actor playing him is fair.. i like the fact he uses his natural accent

Flyattractor
They have gotten his character pretty accurate. Would be nice if they could slip in some of the good old Ultra Violence. I wanna see Mr.Hooky get used the way He is used in the comics.

Surtur
I wanna slap whoever gave Lobo a Scottish accent. Just slap them right in the face.

Putinbot1
Funnily enough (I don't watch WWE, it's sad shite) but, I know who shamus is and think he would be a perfect Lobo.

It's an Irish accent btw.

riv6672

Darth Thor
So I take it this series wont be happening after Krypton was cancelled?

riv6672

riv6672

Flyattractor
I would imagine the DC Streaming is a big reason for this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.