Favorite X-Men Films Ranked

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue
Self-explanatory. List your fave X-Men films and a why if you so desire:

1. Days of Future Past
2. X-Men
3. Logan
4. First Class
5. Dark Phoenix

Impediment
Logan
X-Men 2
Days of Future Past
X-Men
First Class
Apocalypse

playa1258
X2
Logan
DOFP
First Class
Xmen

-Pr-
Haven't seen Dark Phoenix, but...

First Class
Days of Future Past
Logan
X-Men
X2
The Wolverine
Apocalypse
X3 The Last Stand
X-Men Origins Wolverine

carthage
Logan
DOFP
First Class
X2
X1
Apocalypse
Last Stand/=Dark Phoenix

Dr Will Hatch
Logan
DOFP
First Class
Dark Phoenix
The Wolverine

The rest are meh to terrible.

BruceSkywalker
Days of Fture Past
Logan
X-Men
X2
First Class
The Wolverine

the rest of horrible horrid dogshit

ares834
Logan
Days of Future Past
First Class
X2
The Wolverine

Flyattractor
X2 is overrated. Much like The Rami Spider Man 2.

Darth Thor
First Class
DOFP
X2
Logan
X1
Dark Phoenix
Apocalypse
The Wolverine
Last Stand
Origins Wolverine

Logan is decent and I have it fairly high up. That said I find it massively overrated.

Ridley_Prime
I'll just rank them all I guess.

Top tier (imo)
- First Class
- Days of Future Past
- Logan

Liked and find them okay-ish, but had the potential to be much better given the arcs they were
- Apocalypse
- Dark Phoenix
- The Wolverine

Alright for their time, but don't really hold up for me now
- X2 (has so many plotholes, for all the praise it usually gets)
- X1

Bottom feeder
- X3
- X-Men Origins Jimmy

tkitna
X2
Xmen
Apocalypse
First Class
Logan
Days Of Future Past

The rest,,,,ehhh

gold slorg
1. Dark Phoenix
2. X3: The Last Stand
3. Apocalypse
4. Wolverine: Origins
5. The Wolverine

Eon Blue
Originally posted by gold slorg
1. Dark Phoenix
2. X3: The Last Stand
3. Apocalypse
4. Wolverine: Origins
5. The Wolverine

Is this bait, or realism?

Flyattractor
https://media.giphy.com/media/srTYyZ1BjBtGU/giphy.gif

Ridley_Prime
To be fair to The Last Stand, it did actually have some good acting/fighting sequences (arguably the best Beast ever got from Fox period) like with the climax, despite technically not being a good film and one of the worst in the series; a point also used in defense of Dark Phoenix like with the action in the train part. Obviously Dark Phoenix is the better film, but still.

Darth Thor
Yeah Last Stand can be an entertaining film for non-fans...

Its problem was taking the Wolverine wank fest and the Cyclops shitfest to new levels, as well as completely disrespecting a classic comic book storyline, by making it a side story.

That said, Beast was great. And I enjoyed Bobby finally becoming Iceman (even if it was for 2 seconds).

relentless1
Deadpool
Days of Future Past
First Class
Deadpool 2
Logan
X2
Last Stand
Apocalypse
X1
Dark Phoenix
Wolverine
Origins Wolverine

steverules_2
Originally posted by relentless1
Deadpool
Days of Future Past
First Class
Deadpool 2
Logan
X2
Last Stand
Apocalypse
X1
Dark Phoenix
Wolverine
Origins Wolverine

Why is no one else including deadpool 1 and 2 in their lists?

Kazenji
Maybe because they're not X-men movies.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
To be fair to The Last Stand, it did actually have some good acting/fighting sequences (arguably the best Beast ever got from Fox period) like with the climax, despite technically not being a good film and one of the worst in the series; a point also used in defense of Dark Phoenix like with the action in the train part. Obviously Dark Phoenix is the better film, but still.

thumb up You can go back years and find posts by me saying how much I loved the sequence where Magneto attacks the convoy. It's incredibly well-done.

And yeah, Kelsey Grammar as Beast was god-tier casting. If they ever decide to do an older Beast in the MCU, bring back Grammer please.

Originally posted by steverules_2
Why is no one else including deadpool 1 and 2 in their lists?

I'm not sure they count, even with the heavy role Colossus and Cable play in the second movie, though I can see the argument for including them, sure.

jenzie
xmen 2
acopolypse
xmen
days of future past
the wolverine
first class
last stand
origins
LOGAN (i simply did not like it, bland villains didn't help either)

relentless1
Originally posted by Kazenji

then why do the have X MEN in them????

Darth Thor
then why do the have X MEN in them????

Because its a related/spin off franchise.

But Deadpool isnt one of the X-Men, so a stretch to classify it as an X-Men movie.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji

The wolverine movies aren't really x-men movies but they're in peoples lists

Plus the x-men are in deadpool 2

https://i.postimg.cc/QCD2Jmbs/maxresdefaultx-men.jpg

Darth Thor
Because Wolverine is not only one of the X-Men but its the same Wolverine as from the X-Men movies.

And I mean come on... Small cameos dont mean anything, otherwise we might as well call Spider-Man Homecoming a Captain America movie.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Because Wolverine is not only one of the X-Men but its the same Wolverine as from the X-Men movies.

And I mean come on... Small cameos dont mean anything, otherwise we might as well call Spider-Man Homecoming a Captain America movie.

Okay so one X-Man makes it an X-Men movie? Well Deadpool in Deadpool 2 was a trainee X-Man so he was a member of the X-Men so the Deadpool movies are X-Men movies

Darth Thor
That one X-Man was the main character from all the X-Men films. In fact all those first 3 X-Men films were arguably more Wolverine centric than his solo outings

And btw he wasnt the only one. They all featured Professor X in some form or another, one had Cyclops and one had Jean Grey.

Heck the first one was even named X-Men Origins!

Yeah Deadpool trainee as an X-Man for like 5minutes in his own film. That totally counts. I guess the Lego movie totally counts as a Batman movie as well.

steverules_2
That one X-Man was the main character from all the X-Men films. In fact all those first 3 X-Men films were arguably more Wolverine centric than his solo outings

Heck the first one was even named X-Men Origins!

Yeah Deadpool trainee as an X-Man for like 5minutes in his own film. That totally counts. I guess the Lego movie totally counts as a Batman movie as well.

Wikipedia has Deadpool down as the eighth instalment in the X-Men film series, but it doesn't have the Lego movie down as a batman movie so you're wrong there wink

Darth Thor
Okay lol

Its not an official part of the Jackman films though thats for sure.

steverules_2
What we got in Origins I don't consider as Deadpool

Darth Thor
^ Deadpool himself doesnt. Thats why he shot him in Deadpool 2 lol

steverules_2
^ Deadpool himself doesnt. Thats why he shot him in Deadpool 2 lol

Yeah I liked that scene and the Green lantern one

relentless1
Because its a related/spin off franchise.

But Deadpool isnt one of the X-Men, so a stretch to classify it as an X-Men movie.

wolverines movies were spin offs too but they're still x men films

deadpool trains to be an x man and his actions are judged by their standards... they are somewhat central to his story in the two films tbh

and finally they are listed as being apart of the overall series in most online sources

Darth Thor
wolverines movies were spin offs too but they're still x men films

deadpool trains to be an x man and his actions are judged by their standards... they are somewhat central to his story in the two films tbh

and finally they are listed as being apart of the overall series in most online sources

Lol yes we have been through all this above.

Wolverine is one of the X-Men (the main one in the Fox Universe). Deadpool is not.

Its fine to name Deadpool that but I dont see how Deadpool is even a spin off when it has Zero connection to the Fox X-Men films. Its entirely its own thing.

Would be like calling Sam Ramais Spider-Man 1 an Avengers film because they name dropped Doctor Strange. I mean heck Spideys even an Avenger in Far From Home! Whoaaa!

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
Haven't seen Dark Phoenix, but...

First Class
Days of Future Past
Logan
X-Men
X2
The Wolverine
Apocalypse
X3 The Last Stand
X-Men Origins Wolverine

Okay **** it:

Deadpool
First Class
Days of Future Past
Logan
Deadpool 2
X-Men
X2
The Wolverine
Apocalypse
X3 The Last Stand
X-Men Origins Wolverine

Darth Thor
^ Lol

Yeah both Deadpool movies would be right near the top for me.

And for all my talk of it not being an X-Men movie, they portrayed Colossus pretty damn good. Something the X-Men proper films had a real issue with.

-Pr-
Yeah, it was a massive improvement. When even a sour **** like me only has power-related nitpicks, you know it's a good adaptation.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Impediment
Logan
X-Men 2
Days of Future Past
X-Men
First Class
Apocalypse Agreed with this exact ranking. I'm tempted to switch Logan and X2 though

Ridley_Prime
The X-Men animated series writers/creators' take on the films for the most part. Pretty insightful.

NXm3Guq3eiw

Darth Thor
The X-Men animated series writers/creators' take on the films for the most part. Pretty insightful.

NXm3Guq3eiw

Interesting. But a bit too much praise for X1 & X2.

Although I like how the female creator gave her criticism of the way the females characters were used (at the end of the interview where they are talking about how Marvel should go forward with them).

It never actually crossed my mind how massively sexist those first 3 films were. And why? Well same reason Cyclops was always screwed over. It was for Wolverine to save the day.

steverules_2

Ridley_Prime
Interesting. But a bit too much praise for X1 & X2.

Although I like how the female creator gave her criticism of the way the females characters were used (at the end of the interview where they are talking about how Marvel should go forward with them).

It never actually crossed my mind how massively sexist those first 3 films were. And why? Well same reason Cyclops was always screwed over. It was for Wolverine to save the day.
Speaking of sexism, can't help but feel there might be a little truth to what Janssen (the older Jean Grey) said here, even though Cyclops and the like were also recast.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/25/famke-janssen-x-men-replacement

Might be a bit biased here though since I liked her Jean way more than Sophie Turner's. lol Probably just boiled down to Janssen not being able to accept that her time as one of the X-Men was over and needed to try and shoehorn herself back into the conversation about the films, but still, they could've reused some of the old cast more than they did.

dynamix
logan
dofp
x2
first class
thats all

dynamix
i think for a phoenix story to work they have to stop nerfing cyclops. the emotional connection of that story has always been the effect the phoenix force has on the relationship of jean and scott. not that it has to be the main driving force but it has to be treated with respect for it to work in my opinion. they always sacrifice cyclops importance to make wolverine look cooler. thats something ive always hated.

Darth Thor
Speaking of sexism, can't help but feel there might be a little truth to what Janssen (the older Jean Grey) said here, even though Cyclops and the like were also recast.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/25/famke-janssen-x-men-replacement

Might be a bit biased here though since I liked her Jean way more than Sophie Turner's. lol Probably just boiled down to Janssen not being able to accept that her time as one of the X-Men was over and needed to try and shoehorn herself back into the conversation about the films, but still, they could've reused some of the old cast more than they did.

I always thought there were ways to show glimpses of their future selves through Apocalypse or Phoenix.

Heck they could have had flashbacks in Logan.

That said Famke always had a hell of a lot more to do than Cyclops lol.

So I dont think they were intentionally sexist. I just think they chose their 1/2 main characters and didnt really care about the rest. But the fact that those characters were male meant it does come across as sexist.

I mean rewatching the animated series, Rogue and Storm were the teams powerhouses. But in the films Rogue & Cyclops really got the worst of it in terms of character/role and powerset assassination.

I mean just think of the end fight in X1... Rogue is the helpless girl they have to save. Storm and Jean Grey have no way to fly up, so bets they can do is send Wolverine up to save the day.... Now compare that to the animated series and its like facepalm

relentless1
I was so disappointed when i saw X1 tbh because it was nothing like the animated series, it was so normal and nobody was represented how I thought they should've been save for Patrick Stewart as Xavier. No Sentinels, no cool costumes or powers really; and I know that last one is just a product of the time and budget but you don't do a first X men movie without Beast Jean Cyclops and Xavier having front and center roles

Darth Thor
I was so disappointed when i saw X1 tbh because it was nothing like the animated series, it was so normal and nobody was represented how I thought they should've been save for Patrick Stewart as Xavier. No Sentinels, no cool costumes or powers really;

Yeah exactly how I felt at the time.

Its kinda shocking to hear their source material was the animated series.

We can put it down to small budget and it being a big risk e.t.c. But thats no excuse to have all your main players on the bench. And even when the budget increased for X2, as entertaining a film as that was, nothing much changed in terms of team representation.

-Pr-
If their source material was the animated show, then they must have missed every episode that remotely featured Cyclops. He was a huge part of a LOT of episodes.

The less said about Rogue and Storm, the better.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-

The less said about Rogue and Storm, the better.

Lol

roughrider
1. X-Men: Days Of Future Past
2. X2
3. Logan
4. X-Men: First Class
5. The Wolverine
6. Deadpool
7. Deadpool 2
8. X-Men: Apocalypse
9. X-Men
10. X-Men: The Last Stand
11. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I haven't seen Dark Phoenix, and may not for a long time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.