The Greatest Hero - Battlezone Invitation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Welcome one and all, to the greatest tournament in all the heavens.

https://i.imgur.com/t6dfwx4.jpg

This purpose of this tournament is to prove once and for all, who is the top dog hero.

The pool to pick from:

Thor

Superman (no extra sundipping)

Flash (Wally, Barry or Jay)

Green Lantern (Any of the main 6 human lanterns, at their base levels)

Silver Surfer

Hulk (WWH and below)

Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Orion

Sentry (No molecule man showing, can go void but starts as Golden Sentry and a single death is enough for the match victory)

Dr. Strange

Martian Manhunter

Wonder Woman

Captain Marvel (Female)

Gladiator

Hyperion (Mark Milton)

Aquaman

(Nominate Character under Trans. Superman is an exception due to his relationship to the other heroes.)

All picked because they represent the elite of both companies. (Give or take)

Here's the DA RULES

- Winner by incapacitation (restrained for an unreasonably long period of time, knocked out, otherwise taken out of action, etc.) or death.

- BFR is OFF

- No summoning of tools or outside assistance. Only what is reasonably considered standard gear may be used.

- Prep Time (5 seconds of prep before each match, then both character will hear the "ding" and the fight will begin)

- And for the fun one.....ALL FIGHTS ARE IN CHARACTER. That's right, you'll have to argue as you'd argue in the VS section. Just a lot better.

https://thedaoofdragonball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/room-of-spirit-time-front.jpg

The room of spirit and time. Essentially a featureless environment with a ring the size of the planet earth. You will start on opposite ends and then find each other.

REWARD

THIS DIC-

A custom signature and the title "the greatest hero"

Any questions?

Edit Match Format

3 Posts

Blind Opener

Rebuttal

Closing

3 judges, or two vote majority victory

leonidas
sounds cool. i might be down for this. that pic is hilarious. did anyone take a good look at it. bwhahah! several awesome match ups in there and one....amazing one.... lol

anyway, i'll let some others pick first to see who's actually gonna take part. there are a few good choices in there for sure. thumb up

beatboks
I'll take Alan scott (in the absence of Dr Fate)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
and one....amazing one.... lol

Which one?

If you mean Spidey vs. Hal, it's perfect, seeing how Hal has been written as a total assclown since 52.

leonidas
thumb up

all the other match ups seem pretty logical, or predictable at least--and at least on the surface, even. then you have spidey randomly kicking gl in the face! bwhahah! for some reason i find that awesome.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Which one?

If you mean Spidey vs. Hal, it's perfect, seeing how Hal has been written as a total assclown since 52. shazam stroking mjolnir along with thor gave me a good chuckle also thumb up

MrMind
If I pick dc characters do I get to use all their composite P52/N52 feats, or not?

I mean Wally and Superman are the same version so composite p52/n52 can be used, what about Hal and the Green Lanterns?

DarkSaint85
I love how Spiderman is fighting Kyle Rayner laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
It's Kyle? Oh.

Damborgson
Originally posted by MrMind
If I pick dc characters do I get to use all their composite P52/N52 feats, or not?

I mean Wally and Superman are the same version so composite p52/n52 can be used, what about Hal and the Green Lanterns?

The green lanterns are also their composite versions thumb up

Damborgson
Originally posted by beatboks
I'll take Alan scott (in the absence of Dr Fate)

So our first fighter will be Alan Scott thumb up

MrMind
Originally posted by Damborgson
The green lanterns are also their composite versions thumb up

Wally West it is

Quick Freeze
Is Captain America just tossing Robin by the cape in one hand and blocking Batarangs with his shield in the other?

beatboks
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Is Captain America just tossing Robin by the cape in one hand and blocking Batarangs with his shield in the other?

I thought he was blocking GA's arrow

Damborgson
Originally posted by MrMind
Wally West it is

Wally West is our next competitor then 👍

Digi
that pic is hilarious. did anyone take a good look at it. bwhahah! several awesome match ups in there and one....amazing one.... laughing out loud

shifty

carver9
Is this a closed arena or can the contestant fly in space, etc...?

Quick Freeze

carver9
A lot of people are going to lean towards Surfer and if they do, they are smart for doing it.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Is this a closed arena or can the contestant fly in space, etc...?

To avoid BFR it will have a very high dome on the edge of the atmosphere.

Basically it stays on the planet.

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
shifty

eek!

Quick Freeze

leonidas
not as playful though. and borg--you have strange listed but he's listed in trans, so i assume he shouldn't be one of the options...?

carver9
When you said WWH, are you referring to Green Scar? Or are you saying anything past WWH cant be used?

MrMind
not as playful though. and borg--you have strange listed but he's listed in trans, so i assume he shouldn't be one of the options...?

Strange with 5 min prep is killer

Damborgson
Its 5 second of prep thumb up

And I will make an exception for Strange, just like for Superman.

Damborgson
When you said WWH, are you referring to Green Scar? Or are you saying anything past WWH cant be used?

Anything WWH and down, and in the interest of being fair to a grounded character, he can take immortal Hulks feats as well.

As long as the entire group doesnt swarm against that idea.

Quick Freeze
Ooo let Carver be immortal

Damborgson
And let me make this clear, these characters may be fighting within character but still at their maximum potential and fighting to win.

Just no out of character actions. Like Darksaint said once, Superman may have the ability to bite someone's head off but he probably wont. Substantiate your claims with clear evidence, etc.

darthgoober
Its 5 second of prep thumb up

And I will make an exception for Strange, just like for Superman.
That's a pretty fair call IMO. Yes Strange is ranked at trans, but I think the entities and artifacts he can summon to help him in combat originally played a large part in people perception of him when the list was originally made. Most of the time without all that, he tends to hover around high herald level(which still allows for some pretty powerful feats).

Damborgson
thumb up

You should take Surfer Goober

DarkSaint85
Superman is as of Doomsday Clock?

Damborgson
Yes, Merged Superman, with only that to depend on and no other way to draw excess sunlight into himself to put him above what he'd be capable of doing without it.

DarkSaint85
Sunlight is out, what about other sources?

Say I drafted Hulk, am I allowed to absorb other sources of energy to amp if present on the battlefield (say, if Surfer hit me with radiation?)

Damborgson
You can use Hulk's immortal hulk ability to drain your opponent, and if your opponent somehow accidentally amps you, you can argue for that. But beyond that, no external amping.

BestEverNoob
This sounds really interesting, where do I sign up?

darthgoober
thumb up

You should take Surfer Goober
Nah, I don't do real debating about comics anymore. It destroys my ability to enjoy the reading material lol

xJLxKing
I hear you guys need a judgesmile

deathslash
I'm willing to judge

Damborgson
I think we just found 2 thumb up Thank you gentlemen

We have a few tenative but so far the only for sure's are:

Beatboks with Alan Scott

Mr. Mind with Wally West Flash

I have no problem with a small group, but we will need a few more still.

DarkSaint85
Not sure why my BZ thread still doesn't have firm takers mad

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not sure why my BZ thread still doesn't have firm takers mad

If your yalking about that Superman battlzone one you were asking for the normal characters he gets pit against. If you want to step outide the box I'd love to do Hellstrom vs Supes.

That is as a full on Bz with me controlling his powerset and character limitations.

Martian_mind
If this goes ahead, I'll happily rep J'onn.

BestEverNoob
I'll rep Strange.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Martian_mind
If this goes ahead, I'll happily rep J'onn.

Alright then, Martianmind takes MMH. thumb up

-------

Bestevernoob....you feel confident enough to be battle zoning already? Or who's sock are you?

Quick Freeze
Gotta start somewhere! I did a team tourney against Khellendros when I was 14 and only on the boards for a few months. I almost won too but only cuz it was based on popular votes and I think I had Superman, Spawn, Spider-Man, and Dark Claw or something , and he had mosty WildStorm characters

Damborgson
Fair enough I suppose...

BestEverNoob
I mean, yeah, I'm new, but it can't hurt to try right?

Damborgson
Agreed. thumb up we'll add Dr. Strange to the lineup of chosen then !

Supermutant
I'll take worthy Thor. You are welcome, Damborgson.

Supermutant
Seems like we need just 1 more to make this a 6 person tourney. If this is going to happen.

Martian_mind
So, is this happening, or...?

EmperorThanos
I can join if you need participants. Do I have to pick from the list or do you guys take suggestions? And can said suggestions be a non comic character.

Also would trans. superman be like planet level? or more

Quick Freeze
I nominate Jesus DS to rep Aquarian and Carver or Hulkster to rep Hulk

Quick Freeze

EmperorThanos
Just ignored lol.

Well if you change your mind I can join wit Silver Surfer.

Damborgson
If you guys are still game I'm game thumb up

Emperor joins as Silver Surfer

Supermutant
A good selection of characters. The matchups should be intriguing.

Quick Freeze
Let me know when I should get my popcorn

beatboks
I'm ready whenever.
Only issues for me will be a couple of holidays in sept and oct.
20th to 28th Sept I'll be i phuket so limited posting

From the 19th of oct to the 26th I'm on a rock the boat cruise with performers like Suzi Quatro, the Sweet, the Angels and a few other 70's 80's recording artists plus a lot of tribute bands like a Rod Stewart show, Ziggy Stardust, blues bros tribute. I'll be drunk and partying the whole week and nowhere near internet. Soany battle I'm in then will be slow forwarned

Martian_mind
I should be good whenever in the coming months, and definitely think we should pounce on this asap, as delays are the deaths of tournaments.

Supermutant
I'm all for getting started asap. Less chance of losing interest, etc.

Damborgson
Perfect, then we've got Beatboks, Mr. Mind, SM, Martian, Emperor, and BestEverNoob thumb up I will start mobilizing the rounds thumb up

Martian_mind
thumb up

Philosophía
If you want/need a judge for any match, let me know.

Damborgson
Of course thumb up Thank you

Damborgson
Okay official Match order:

BestEverNoob vs Beatboks

Mr. Mind vs Supermutant

Martian Mind vs Emperor

Some disclosure:no time manipulation, no offensive organic matter manipulation

Initial posts are due by August 20th, if I get them all before then, I will open your match earlier.

PM me your post, all matches will be going on simultaneously.

Good luck everyone, I'll be waiting for your posts.

beatboks
Bestevernoob has Strange right?

Damborgson
Yes ! though I have not heard much from him...

Also, remember to review the rules everyone.

abhilegend
I'm available as judge.

MrMind

carver9
A lot of character choices are not picked for this BZ. Im surprised.

Quick Freeze
You mean like Hulk?

carver9
That's one.

Damborgson
You had your chance to pick it, still can if you want

DarkSaint85
A lot of character choices are not picked for this BZ. Im surprised.

thumb up

My BZ invite is still there.

Damborgson
Got two posts ! Waiting for more smile

beatboks
Bugger me

For some reason I thought we had till august 29.
Will get onto mine tonight. Sorry Damborg

Damborgson
No worries man thumb up

Supermutant
Bugger me

For some reason I thought we had till august 29.
Will get onto mine tonight. Sorry Damborg

https://i.imgur.com/PKePQ8T.gif

beatboks
No worries man thumb up

Hope you got mine

Sent a rushed job last night.

Damborgson
Well I waited a few days, doesnt look like the no shows will appear so I'll post your stuff soon guys

beatboks
Well I waited a few days, doesnt look like the no shows will appear so I'll post your stuff soon guys

Who did show

EmperorThanos
Did my opponent post?

beatboks
Originally posted by EmperorThanos
Did my opponent post?

Hmmm so obviously you sent yours in, Supermutant would be another of the 3 and I sent mine after damborg said he had 3.

Logically then only one of us had an opponent show up for the first round.

Martian mind and Supermutant are the only competitors I've seen active on KMC since the matchups were made, So my guess would be its your match that plays out.

abhilegend
Did my opponent post?
Nice OP.

beatboks
Can I pick it, or can I pick it??

Damborgson
Sorry for the forfeit victories guys....

Anyways, Supermutant will face Beatboks to advance to the finals, to face whoever wins between Martian and Emperor.

Good luck everyone, you're all wonderful and full of sexual vigor.

beatboks
Pretty lucky for me since I rely so heavily on my image folders on CV and with new rules about full page scans over there and my acc locked until i delete all the full page scans out of the 13000+ images I had (down to a little over 8k now) I had to bleedin google every scan even though I have most. Because add to that my damn photobucket acc is locked for too many images

Supermutant
lol @ no shows OPs by Damborgson. So when does my match with beatboks start?

DarkSaint85
Jeez. Flash no show...

MrMind
sorry boys, got tied up by life

Supermutant
When MrMind found out that he was facing Thor, he wrote his OP so fast that it got trapped in the speed force.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Supermutant
lol @ no shows OPs by Damborgson. So when does my match with beatboks start?

How does the 29th sound guys?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's Kyle? Oh. Don't listen to him, it's actually all GLs.

Supermutant

thumb up

beatboks

👍

So in keeping with this, I'll send you mine in a rush onnthe 30th 😜

Of couse simce were 12 hrs ahead down under just scraping in

Gives me a week to do something about my scan issue

beatboks
Ironically I think we each drew the one character opponent we were most concerned with in this for the battles they didnt shown up for.

Tourney gods were kind I guess

"Id"
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Don't listen to him, it's actually all GLs.
thumb up

EmperorThanos
Sorry for the forfeit victories guys....

Anyways, Supermutant will face Beatboks to advance to the finals, to face whoever wins between Martian and Emperor.

Good luck everyone, you're all wonderful and full of sexual vigor.
Is there a deadline for my next post

Damborgson
Yes man, this match should conclude by the 30th ! So rebuttal will be posted in the thread, and your final post will be sent to me. All before the 30th.

beatboks
Damborg
Did you get the first half of my write up?

Also are all links working for you? They were for me but that doesnt seem to mean they always do for others

Damborgson
Yes, as of now it works. But just be wary of comicvine links, they tend to break !

Supermutant
you get my one sentence OP, damborgson?

Damborgson
Yes, you're golden bro.

Supermutant
The ongoing match has about 3 days and some change for two posts. I guess that's part of the strategy lol.

beatboks
Damborg. Do you want me to resend my complete write up with the fix for the last few links as one complete post or are you ok with that bit to overlay?

Damborgson
I wouldn't mind just one, clean write up if you can man.

Emperor and Martian seem to have bailed so you know...you to might be the final laughing out loud

Martian_mind
I'll have my reply in today. It's been a long weekend here, so I've just been distracted living it up.

beatboks
I wouldn't mind just one, clean write up if you can man.

Emperor and Martian seem to have bailed so you know...you to might be the final laughing out loud

Finally.
It may have taken three attempts but finally I have a write up in that all links on the sent PM still work as they did in the preview

Martian_mind
Post is made. thumb up

EmperorThanos
I'll post today

EmperorThanos
Yes man, this match should conclude by the 30th ! So rebuttal will be posted in the thread, and your final post will be sent to me. All before the 30th.
Post is made. thumb up

My rebuttal should only be a reply to the opener right? And then my closing should be a rebuttal to his most recent rebuttal. Or can I reply to that to before my closing?

DarkSaint85
You can reply to both if you want. As long as it's all in one post and not over 10k characters.

Damborgson
Ah just in time to prove me wrong ! Apologies gentleman.

And the date isnt strict, if you need more time just let me know.

Supermutant
We might beat you guys to the finish. Depending on beatboks, my part wont take very long.

beatboks
We might beat you guys to the finish. Depending on beatboks, my part wont take very long.

Of course not, getting your butt kicked shouldn't 😛

EmperorThanos

Yeah I would need more time. Maybe another week is thats fine. I will try have my rebutal tonight and get the close done some next week

Supermutant
Of course not, getting your butt kicked shouldn't 😛

https://i.imgur.com/OSaOiFo.gif

beatboks
https://i.imgur.com/OSaOiFo.gif

Nu52 earth 2 Alan would enjoy that 😙😚

Damborgson
Beatboks and Super, I have both your posts, is it okay for me to make the thread?

beatboks
👍👌

Supermutant
Beatboks and Super, I have both your posts, is it okay for me to make the thread?

sure

EmperorThanos

OK posted by rebuttal. Will need a bit more time for the closer.

Martian_mind
If the match is getting extended, then I shall post my closer on Monday.

beatboks
Bump

Damborgson
A thousand apologies for the long wait times everyone.

They're up, and if I caused any delays for you, you will of course have more time to finish!

beatboks
A thousand apologies for the long wait times everyone.

They're up, and if I caused any delays for you, you will of course have more time to finish!

Sorry to be a pain damborg but you didnt post my complete OP.

Instead of postimg the complete rewrite where ALL image links were imjur and it included my first half of the opener pmd you a while before, you posted the second half of the original 2 pms

The one I sent to you on the 28th after asking if you wanted a full rewrite

So none of my Thor stuff was included

EmperorThanos
Sent my closer

Damborgson
Sorry to be a pain damborg but you didnt post my complete OP.

Instead of postimg the complete rewrite where ALL image links were imjur and it included my first half of the opener pmd you a while before, you posted the second half of the original 2 pms

The one I sent to you on the 28th after asking if you wanted a full rewrite

So none of my Thor stuff was included

Easily fixed my friend. I will take care of that.

Super-fan1230
i wanted to have a battlezone for post crisis superman vs super saiyan 3 goku at buu saga , if anyone was interested ?

Supermutant
When is my match with bb over, and who are the judges? By the way Galan or Pr could easily delete BB partial OP in the thread thereby clearing up clutter.

Supermutant
Galan took care of it.

Damborgson
You guys have until the 8th of August thumb up

And I am working with the judge situation, taking into consideration previously specified preferences for you two as to who you would not like to judge.

EmperorThanos
Originally posted by Super-fan1230
i wanted to have a battlezone for post crisis superman vs super saiyan 3 goku at buu saga , if anyone was interested ?
Might be interested. Would I get anime feats

Supermutant
Damborgson, can you verify that my post is within the 10,000 character limit? Then I will post it in the thread in 2 parts since I can't do it in 1 post.

Super-fan1230
Might be interested. Would I get anime feats
yeah

Damborgson
Your character count is 9756 Super, you're good to go.

Supermutant
thumb up

Martian_mind
I've tried to post my closer, but classic KMC is telling me it's too long. I'll cut it down tomorrow and post it.

EmperorThanos
Originally posted by Super-fan1230
yeah
How powerful do you consider Superman if you don't mind me asking? Like in terms of strength and destructive capability.

Super-fan1230
How powerful do you consider Superman if you don't mind me asking? Like in terms of strength and destructive capability.
Around solar system

Damborgson
Let's avoid cluttering this thread if we can guys please thumb up

Martian_mind
Final post is made. Sorry about the formatting, it simply would not post with the quotes included.

EmperorThanos
Final post is made. Sorry about the formatting, it simply would not post with the quotes included.
Let's avoid cluttering this thread if we can guys please thumb up

Weren't we supposed to PM our closing post?

Martian_mind
I don't think so. I could be mistaken, however. Dambo?

Damborgson
Yes, but its okay.

Emperor you can post your own if you want, or I can post the PM you sent me.

EmperorThanos
Yes, but its okay.

Emperor you can post your own if you want, or I can post the PM you sent me.
Oh you can just post it and then open it to votes I guess

Damborgson
Deal thumb up

Martian_mind
Sweet thumb up. Sorry about the confusion lads.

Who's judging, btw?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>