Tinypic shutting down :(

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
It's really happening:

http://i68.tinypic.com/rkym1y.png

http://tinypic.com/

Sucks. I really liked it. Quick, no need to register...

They're connected to photobucket in some way, right? No wonder they're shutting down, then... sad

leonidas

StiltmanFTW

Blight
Even with adblock, I get a phuck ton of pop ups telling me my computer is shutting down when I go to tinypic.

StiltmanFTW
Your adblock must be as infertile as your balls, then...

Switch to adblock plus.

StiltmanFTW
You guys wouldn't last a single second on... lesser known... websites.

Blight
I used to use adblock, then adblock, then ublock origin, because it's by far the best one.

StiltmanFTW
Ublock is fast. Reliable? Not sure.

Adblock Plus is my #1 atm.

But when I want to go hunting for some "rare" material (like Pr's solo masturbation camshows) even a combination of all adblockers don't do too much good.

Blight
No doubt. I remember motherless used to be insanely difficult to navigate.

Sadly, when it became easier to navigate, its content also got far more boring.

StiltmanFTW
Heh, haven't even thought of that. You're right. Motherless these days is nothing special.

One_Angry_Scot
Postimg is a good substitute if not better. and maybe turboimagehost if you don't mind getting random dating adverts.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Postimg is a good substitute if not better. and maybe turboimagehost if you don't mind getting random dating adverts.

No, postimg f*cked up a lot in recent years. Can't agree with you here.

Turbo is fine, yeah. I have an account there. Their site goes down occasionally, though.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No, postimg f*cked up a lot in recent years. Can't agree with you here.

Turbo is fine, yeah. I have an account there. Their site goes down occasionally, though.

Strange I've never had problems with Postimg, but turboimg I have now. Links also die a lot quicker, think I'll use imgure unless there's another better hosting site.

Adam Grimes

StiltmanFTW
Strange I've never had problems with Postimg

First, their transition from .org to .cc damaged countless links.

They are still online, but it takes time to edit them to make them work right.

Postimg started really great... now their homepage doesn't even show up properly on some browsers.

, but turboimg I have now. Links also die a lot quicker, think I'll use imgure unless there's another better hosting site.

"Die" on their own or get reported and taken down, which one you mean?

I don't recall having such trouble, but I might need to check my gallery again.

Adam Grimes
Heh, haven't even thought of that. You're right. Motherless these days is nothing special. Motherless lol. I got to know about that place from Sin.

One_Angry_Scot
First, their transition from .org to .cc damaged countless links.

They are still online, but it takes time to edit them to make them work right.

Postimg started really great... now their homepage doesn't even show up properly on some browsers.

"Die" on their own or get reported and taken down, which one you mean?

I don't recall having such trouble, but I might need to check my gallery again.

Just vanishing over time. Hasn't happened to that many images but that and the annoying pop ups seal it for me. Would rather not need to close a tab after trying to zoom into a scan each time. The site really hates me haha.

Blight
It was a pretty good sight when it had shit no one else did, but now it's just boring.

StiltmanFTW
Just vanishing over time. Hasn't happened to that many images but that and the annoying pop ups seal it for me. Would rather not need to close a tab after trying to zoom into a scan each time. The site really hates me haha.

So... basically, like imageshack. They were awesome, but also known for some random pics going missing over time.

Ads and pop-ups are annoying indeed. Even though I think they could be dealt with... either via a solid combo of adblockers or a premium anti-malware/anti-virus program.

One_Angry_Scot
So... basically, like imageshack. They were awesome, but also known for some random pics going missing over time.

Ads and pop-ups are annoying indeed. Even though I think they could be dealt with... either via a solid combo of adblockers or a premium anti-malware/anti-virus program.

I've triedso many adblockers they mainly work but not for turboimagehost. I'm to stingy to pay for an antivirus. I did install Malwarebytes Premium but what I plant o do when the trial runs out is use revouninstaller to get rid of all its registry information so I can start the premium trial again.

StiltmanFTW
I've triedso many adblockers they mainly work but not for turboimagehost. I'm to stingy to pay for an antivirus. I did install Malwarebytes Premium but what I plant o do when the trial runs out is use revouninstaller to get rid of all its registry information so I can start the premium trial again.

Changing e-mail doesn't help with free trials, remind me?

Try ESET antivirus; they also offer a free trial. And it's faster than MBAM.

Also, not sure how it is nowadays, but in the past you could easily get serial keys for any product you wanted...

Google is your friend, Scot wink

One_Angry_Scot
Changing e-mail doesn't help with free trials, remind me?

Try ESET antivirus; they also offer a free trial. And it's faster than MBAM.

Also, not sure how it is nowadays, but in the past you could easily get serial keys for any product you wanted...

Google is your friend, Scot wink

If the registry details are still on your laptop then as far as I know it doesn't matter if you make a new account. Yeaah could Google them, though I never get viruses anyway, if I do they get detected and dealt with by Windows Defender, got ADWCleaner/JRT for adware etc.

leonidas
i got me 2 ad blockers, you whippersnappers and that site STILL sucks grey-haired balls. good riddance. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
i got me 2 ad blockers, you whippersnappers and that site STILL sucks grey-haired balls. good riddance. thumb up

You're probably using Internet Explorer on Windows 95, then... biscuits

leonidas
sigh....are you like, EVER NOT online....?

StiltmanFTW
If the registry details are still on your laptop then as far as I know it doesn't matter if you make a new account. Yeaah could Google them, though I never get viruses anyway, if I do they get detected and dealt with by Windows Defender, got ADWCleaner/JRT for adware etc.

Makes sense. I'm typing from my desktop, though stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

Told you before, never rely on Windows Defender.

JRT is obsolete. Sucks it is no longer updated, but its features are getting incorporated into Adwcleaner and MBAM. Malwarebytes is like Disney in the anti-virus world, buying whoever they can.

You can try Avast, it's 100% free. But it consumes plenty of resources, so keep that in mind if your computer is not that fast.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
sigh....are you like, EVER NOT online....?

Old man, I'm using ghost mode.

You can't see me coming... unless I want you to see me.

Blight
Stilt is slowly becoming transcendent through KMC. He's practically 83% KMC currently.

Oh, and I'd never use Avast again. That program slowed my computer down more than Viruses ever have.

Adam Grimes
Still has secretly tapped into the HOTK(mc). He's one with the site.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Blight
Stilt is slowly becoming transcendent through KMC. He's practically 83% KMC currently.

Oh, and I'd never use Avast again. That program slowed my computer down more than Viruses ever have.

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Still has secretly tapped into the HOTK(mc). He's one with the site.

http://i65.tinypic.com/oqbzhw.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.