Crisis on Infinite Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

BruceSkywalker
there isn't one.. crisis on infinite earths was cancelled

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Flyattractor
Where were they gonna do this?

-Pr-
Last I read, we'd see it in December, and afaik it's still scheduled to happen.

Alongside the usual suspects, it's been rumoured that we're also getting Brandon Routh's Superman from Superman Returns (since been confirmed), Tom Welling's Superman from Smallville, and what I'm assuming are much older versions of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman and Burt Ward as Robin.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
Tom Welling's Superman from Smallville, and what I'm assuming are much older versions of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman and Burt Ward as Robin.

Its going to feature all of them? Wow.

Adam Grimes
Yeah, I haven't found anything on this being cancelled. I'm actually excited btw.

quanchi112
Tv budget. Mehhhhh. Should do this on the big screen.

cdtm
Last I read, we'd see it in December, and afaik it's still scheduled to happen.

Alongside the usual suspects, it's been rumoured that we're also getting Brandon Routh's Superman from Superman Returns (since been confirmed), Tom Welling's Superman from Smallville, and what I'm assuming are much older versions of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman and Burt Ward as Robin.

Older version of an immortal Amazon.

Then again, Wonder Woman's mother appeared to age.

Flyattractor
Was this going to be a TV Show in and of it self or some kind of CW Cross Over Thing?

-Pr-
It'll be various episodes of the existing shows as the main parts iirc. For example, an episode of Supergirl could be part 1, etc.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Not what it says here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.looper.com/159548/the-real-reason-why-brandon-routh-is-returning-as-superman/%3famp=1

cdtm

laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by cdtm
laughing out loud

Wow your dumb as bricks.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/07/24/report-cw-crossover-crisis-on-infinite-earths-will-feature-dceu-characters-plus-lynda-carter-burt-ward-and-tom-welling/

BrolyBlack

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, I haven't found anything on this being cancelled. I'm actually excited btw.

lol adam, im having fun coz its broly.. the crossover always happens in december

Adam Grimes
lol adam, im having fun coz its broly.. the crossover always happens in december Oh that's ok. I'd be kinda bummed out if it got cancelled.

They compensate the tight budget with the lots of heart they put into these shows.

Flyattractor
Anybody else getting a Reboot Vibe from this?

Adam Grimes
That's for sure. I'd wager at least Flash is gonna end here.

cdtm
lol adam, im having fun coz its broly.. the crossover always happens in december

thumb up

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
That's for sure. I'd wager at least Flash is gonna end here.

Really? Flash is still the best show out of the lot, despite a bad streak with Savitar and Defoe. And hes by far the best known (always been a core JL member), and his portrayal by Gustin was always well received.

So I cant see them rebooting with him.

(And just kill me if they change reality so that he becomes Ezra Miller Flash).

TheVaultDweller
So, wait. I was under the impression the Routh version of Superman was a continuation of the Reeves version. So, if this version is that version, then the Reeves Superman is now cannon to the CW-verse? This shit is getting way too complicated.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
So, wait. I was under the impression the Routh version of Superman was a continuation of the Reeves version. So, if this version is that version, then the Reeves Superman is now cannon to the CW-verse? This shit is getting way too complicated.

Well canon to the CW Multi-verse.

Just like the 90s Flash tv show.

BrolyBlack
Welling is going to be in this as well it seems

Darth Thor
Theyre going all out with the multiverse then. Including every thing except the DCEU it seems.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Theyre going all out with the multiverse then. Including every thing except the DCEU it seems.

Just you wait until they sneak this guy in there:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShockingSecondIndochinesetiger-max-1mb.gif

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Welling is going to be in this as well it seems

Yeah, this could shape up to actually be rather epic, with all the different incarnations of characters showing up.

They actually hinted at the Smallville connection last time around when they had a Green Arrow rocking the Smallville series uniform during the one sequence in the last crossover (the one where all the fallen heroes were).

cdtm

(And just kill me if they change reality so that he becomes Ezra Miller Flash).

You can say that again.

quanchi112
So, wait. I was under the impression the Routh version of Superman was a continuation of the Reeves version. So, if this version is that version, then the Reeves Superman is now cannon to the CW-verse? This shit is getting way too complicated. Dc just like in their comics do not emphasize their continuity. They do not really care.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dc just like in their comics do not emphasize their continuity. They do not really care.

The contrary, DC has one long continuous evolving continuity where every important event is carried into fresh story telling. It's second rate Marvel that has no respect for history and simply retcons everything to pander to target audiences, like in Thor and the origins of Mjolnir becoming a feminist propaganda "Mother Storm", or Doom and Thanos's every defeat undone as a robot or clone.

MADMAN01
Kevin conroy to play old Bruce wayne

Flyattractor
Would rather get an EXCELLENT DCAU Version of this then a CW Version of it.

The DCAU has been pretty damn good of late.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by MADMAN01
Kevin conroy to play old Bruce wayne

Wtf? CW is awesome!

https://batman-news.com/2019/08/04/kevin-conroy-bruce-wayne-crisis-on-infinite-earths/

BruceSkywalker
i just hope everyone involved gets a fair amount of screen time

Surtur
They're trying to get people from Smallville in. The guy who plays Green Arrow wants Tom Welling. The other day there was a rumor Lex from Smallville would show up, but it got debunked.

Of course Welling dwarfs everyone else in terms of power.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
They're trying to get people from Smallville in. The guy who plays Green Arrow wants Tom Welling. The other day there was a rumor Lex from Smallville would show up, but it got debunked.

Of course Welling dwarfs everyone else in terms of power.

Welling will prolly be nerfed

TheVaultDweller
I just thought of a way to really trigger some people. Have Tom Welling reprise his role as Smallville Superman and again have him not actually suit up.

riv6672

BrolyBlack
Tom Welling is for sure returning.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/19/tom-welling-to-reprise-smallville-superman-role-in-arrowverse-crisis-crossover

Surtur
I'm glad Smallville Clark will be there. This is either gonna be awesome or awful

Darth Thor
I just thought of a way to really trigger some people. Have Tom Welling reprise his role as Smallville Superman and again have him not actually suit up.

Well you called it.

Word is hes returning as Clark Kent, and not necessarily Superman laughing out loud

Adam Grimes
It's gonna be like when the Power Rangers crossover with past generations.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Well you called it.

Word is hes returning as Clark Kent, and not necessarily Superman laughing out loud

The sad thing is the CW writers are likely to go ahead and do something like this and then pat themselves on the back, thinking they're being clever.

riv6672

Surtur
Erica Durance is also appearing as Lois Lane. Okay. Meh.

Darth Thor
Erica Durance is also appearing as Lois Lane. Okay. Meh.

A bit strange given she plays Supergirls mum.

But I guess after Routh is doing it, anyone else can.

Surtur

riv6672
In the series finale of smallville he becomes Superman and pushes a planet heading towards Earth into space. So he's definitely Superman.
Good to know.
Tricky wording notwithstanding, i WANT to see 3 Supermen onscreen at once!

playa1258
SV Superman will lose to Supergirl.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by playa1258

All 3 Superman fighting together will still lose to Supergirl.

riv6672
First look at Brandon Routh as KC Superman...:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gizmodo.com/heres-your-first-look-at-brandon-routh-as-crisis-on-inf-1838533637/amp

https://www.instagram.com/p/B27S_CWFMpq/

Darth Thor
First look at Tom Welling as... Urm... Clark?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ericadurancetv/status/1177268586425069569/photo/1

-Pr-
That dude seems to not get older, just bulkier. He was big in Lucifer too.

Surtur
Originally posted by playa1258

He would normally spank her, but yeah they'll have her come off as his equal or even superior.

cdtm
In the series finale of smallville he becomes Superman and pushes a planet heading towards Earth into space. So he's definitely Superman.

Is it confirmed he's really Superman?

And not an SuperTransMan?

Putinbot1
That dude seems to not get older, just bulkier. He was big in Lucifer too. Some men are built like that.

playa1258
KC Superman vs MCU Thor coming up.

riv6672
Hoechlin and Routh suited up...:

https://i.ibb.co/D9CntRq/0536-D873-1402-444-F-A9-C3-189227-BB1-AD4.png

riv6672

carthage
The CW will find a way for this to be dogshit

Ridley_Prime
And you'll still watch it, pretending to be cool and edgy about how you didn't like it.

riv6672
^^^laughing mfao

Darth Thor
LMAO laughing

Surtur
I have this feeling this might turn out to be bad. It's a larger crossover than they ever did before and now they keep adding characters and the more characters the less time you have for each. And nobody wants to just see them go chat on the farm with Smallville Clark lol.

I'll still watch it though. I don't watch Arrow anymore, but I do watch Flash and I'm gonna stick with that until it ends. For this I'll make an exception and also watch Supergirl and Arrow.

We will see how it goes. Even though it wasn't a crossover I am reminded of the Smallville two part episode featuring the Justice Society. It turned out to be a pretty big letdown.

riv6672

carthage

Ridley_Prime
Yet I recall you commenting on various parts of last season shows like Supergirl. erm lol, ad hominem.

riv6672
^^^not how jokes work.

Anyway, we have Tom Cavanagh as Pariah and Lyla Michaels as Harbinger...but no Lady Quark. Boo! stick out tongue

carthage

Ridley_Prime
Between the likes of Sam Witwer and Jon Cryer, it was actually pretty well received in general.

Again with the ad hominem's. laughing out loud Wouldn't call it stanning, but I do enjoy plenty things, whether it be DC, Marvel, or other stuff. Of course I guess no one can have as good standards as carthage, in all his edgelord meme status glory!

Nemesis X

Darth Thor
Lmao Carthage getting owned.

Putinbot1
I have this feeling this might turn out to be bad. It's a larger crossover than they ever did before and now they keep adding characters and the more characters the less time you have for each. And nobody wants to just see them go chat on the farm with Smallville Clark lol.

I'll still watch it though. I don't watch Arrow anymore, but I do watch Flash and I'm gonna stick with that until it ends. For this I'll make an exception and also watch Supergirl and Arrow.

We will see how it goes. Even though it wasn't a crossover I am reminded of the Smallville two part episode featuring the Justice Society. It turned out to be a pretty big letdown. I stopped watching all CW comic book shows a few years back but I will watch this when someone bundles it together on torrent.

Darth Thor
I do feel this one is overpacked just for the sake of it. Michael Rossenbaum did not come back because they couldnt tell him how much of a role he would have or what he would be doing.

Id be excited for any one of these crossovers individually. Just not feeling the same for all of them together in the same crossover.

riv6672

Darth Thor
^ Oh for sure.

Jut dont think quality wise it will match Crisis on Earth X - the best CW crossover so far IMO.

riv6672

Surtur
Kevin Tran from Supernatural has been cast to play the Atom Ryan Choi.

riv6672

riv6672

Surtur

riv6672

Surtur

riv6672

BrolyBlack
Has this started?

riv6672
Ah, The Monitor...:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3r_7pan_qm/

Putinbot1
This looks truly cheap and horrible.

riv6672
Something good seems to be coming from this Crisis!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/new-superman-lois-tv-series-flying-over-to-the-cw/

Surtur
Tom Welling says his cameo is very very brief.

Okay, they better not bring him back just for a conversation by the barn.

cdtm
"So, Chloe, how's that sex slave ring working out?"

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
Something good seems to be coming from this Crisis!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/new-superman-lois-tv-series-flying-over-to-the-cw/

I just hope they don't overload it with grandpa Perry and lil' Jimmy.

Lois and Clark was great, but the Perry/Jimmy schtick got old fast.

riv6672

cdtm
Come to think of it, different type of characters.

Lois and Clark Perry and Jimmy were like Scooby Doo and Shaggy. I know everyone loves Scooby Doo, but personally, I don't want to see an hour of Scooby and Shaggy going on about raiding fridges and building the biggest sandwhich.

That was Perry and Jimmy every show. Perry takes the role of Shaggy, or sometimes Fred or Daphne, while Jimmy is Scooby, and they go on a whacky boring adventure.

riv6672

riv6672
First official photos from the crossover!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/tv/2019/11/15/crisis-on-infinite-earths-arrowverse-supergirl-photos/amp/

TheVaultDweller
hwh1koMSlHY

Looks like Black Lightning is also in the mix. Apparently episode 3x09 of that will also tie into Crisis to at least some degree.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/12/03/black-lightning-book-of-resistance-chapter-four-promo-crisis/

riv6672

carthage
Originally posted by Putinbot1
This looks truly cheap and horrible.

thumb up

-Pr-
Just finished catching up on Black Lightning, and now all I have to watch is Batwoman to get me caught up... I am NOT looking forward to it.

riv6672

-Pr-
Batwoman isn't... It's just not very good at all. Even Black Lightning, for all its faults, has positives. This... Doesn't. Not yet anyway.

-Pr-
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/marc-guggenheim-interview-crisis-on-infinite-earths-arrow-cw-1202194754/

At least three characters haven't been revealed yet, and each show will be allowed to make big changes and set a new status quo after the crossover. Interesting.

Ridley_Prime
So far I enjoyed part 1 except for the ending which am pretty mixed on...

riv6672

Surtur
God I feel like I'm about to go to the dentist to get a root canal, just an awful feeling and I've never even gotten a root canal. I just feel this way...prepping to watching part 1, cuz it's a Batwoman episode.

-Pr-
Supergirl is part 1. Batwoman is part 2.

Liked part 1, even if it was everything I wanted to see (cameos), and everything I don't like about the CW shows (tryhardness, and the writing of Superman).

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Decent start IMO. I'm used to the CW shtick by now, so that element doesn't really bug me much anymore. Was a fun little Easter Egg to link the DC streaming universe into the wider live-action DC multiverse (which seems a more appropriate name at this point) as well, along with all the other little nods during that sequence.

Surtur

riv6672

riv6672

juggernaut74
Awesome to see Smallville Clark.

riv6672

-Pr-
I liked the Conroy, Routh and Welling scenes (even the Superman v Superman fight was better than most action scenes in Supergirl), though how strongly they're pushing Kate Kane without the writing to back it up makes it hard to buy, tbh.

juggernaut74
I imagine they have a bigger budget that would explain the fight looking better.

BrolyBlack
Can these be watched on the CW app?

Ridley_Prime
IDK. Maybe?

But yeah, I share Pr's sentiments on the last episode. Kinda miffed too that this is how they executed Kevin Conroy in live action, of all the things they could've done.

-Pr-
Watching Black Lightning now. Anissa's arrogance is making it really hard to like her as a character. She desperately needs her "oh no my power comes with consquences" moment.

Otherwise she's just an *******.

WolvesofBabylon
Really enjoyed the episode and crisis so far.

Excited to see Oliver as Spectre

Ridley_Prime
Only saw the first season of Black Lightning. Planned to catch up at a later time, but liked Jefferson from what I saw of him in Crisis here, even if they killed him and everyone else off besides the paragons by the end.

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Really enjoyed the episode and crisis so far.

Excited to see Oliver as Spectre
That'll be interesting. Glad they still gave Amell something to do after what happened to Ollie in part 1.

Also, legit laughed out loud when the Monitor made Vibe come back as Cisco was talking to him.
"I'm too cool to have powers now!
Afraid not, Vibe is needed"

-Pr-
Cress Williams is a really good actor, imo, and is one of the few real positives about the show itself. He really got the chance to shine in this ep, I thought.

Good episode of Flash. Great cameos (you know who made me lol), and as a watcher of the old Flash show, it was great to have that little moment.

One thing that struck me though over these two episodes, is how ****ing screwed Routh was by Superman Returns underperforming. The dude could have played a really, really good Superman had they given him more to work with. He has the look, the mannerisms all down so well.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Routh is a great Superman casting. Not only does he have all the right mannerisms and such to pull off both Clark and Kal, acting-wise, but he looks the part more than most. Not trying to hate on Tyler Hoechlin, but he looks like Superman's nerdy reject brother when he stands next to Routh.

TheVaultDweller
I also noticed an extremely random coincidence during a certain cameo (probably one 99% of people wouldn't pick up on). Constantine knows Lucifer. Constantine's old show had "Manny", an angel that could slow down time. Lucifer's brother, Amenadiel can slow down time when at full power. Funny how that actually worked out. Three show coincidence lol.

-Pr-
Yeah, Routh is a great Superman casting. Not only does he have all the right mannerisms and such to pull off both Clark and Kal, acting-wise, but he looks the part more than most. Not trying to hate on Tyler Hoechlin, but he looks like Superman's nerdy reject brother when he stands next to Routh.

It doesn't help that Tyler's Superman doesn't always have great writing behind him. It's almost like they write Kara as being like the Clark we know, so when Superman comes along, they struggle to find a place for him.

I also noticed an extremely random coincidence during a certain cameo (probably one 99% of people wouldn't pick up on). Constantine knows Lucifer. Constantine's old show had "Manny", an angel that could slow down time. Lucifer's brother, Amenadiel can slow down time when at full power. Funny how that actually worked out. Three show coincidence lol.

Nice catch thumb up

TheVaultDweller
It doesn't help that Tyler's Superman doesn't always have great writing behind him. It's almost like they write Kara as being like the Clark we know, so when Superman comes along, they struggle to find a place for him.

Yeah, which makes it kind of baffling (and yet also good for Routh's sake) that they've handled Routh Superman a lot better over these episodes. At least IMO. Though it does not make one hopeful for the Lois and Clark show that's supposed to be in the pipeline. Which is a pity, because I quite like both those actors in those roles. But I am hoping that if they don't constantly have to bounce Clark off Kara (often to make Kara look better, because a lot of the CW writers lack the nuance to do it any other way), he might be handled properly. Because, based on passing comments and such, this Superman has done a lot of things I wouldn't mind to see expanded upon (apparently fought Zod, Doomsday etc.).

Also, I lol'd at Lex when he literally vandalised a priceless cosmic artifact just to save his own ass, and kill Superman in the process. It's like, yup, that seems on point. What a troll.

Zenwolf
That 90s Flash send off though...so great..

I didn't like the whole Lex thing though, I mean I get that's what he would do character wise...but why that one?..

BrolyBlack

BruceSkywalker

riv6672
^^^yeah, that was a great send off to the character.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Yeah. But then that's one thing that should make Lex, well, Lex. You can never dismiss the guy, no matter the circumstances. Because you do so at your peril.

riv6672
Yeah. But then that's one thing that should make Lex, well, Lex. You can never dismiss the guy, no matter the circumstances. Because you do so at your peril.
Exactly.
It was a perfectly Lex thing to do!

Surtur
Seen the first two eps so far. Eh, decent so far. Fight between Superman and Routh-Superman was cringe.

Also, so lex becomes president and smallville clark decides to give up his powers, cuz reasons? Why give them up? He already learned to have sex without killing the woman. And if it's so he could impregnate her it doesn't fit with the timeline. Smallville showed us he was still Superman circa 2017.

riv6672

cdtm

Nice catch thumb up

Tyler was written really well in his first two outings. After that, it was like "What's he doing here, again?"

Kind of funny they have a real Superman on contract already and had to get another guy. If they were gonna go the "He looks like Ray Palmer" hand wave, then why wait.

Bet some executive said "Guys, this is ridiculous. Just put him in the damned suit, nobodies gonna care he's already playing someone else."

Surtur

Ridley_Prime
Still a fun fight.

-Pr-
the special effects

They're not great, but they're a massive step-up from previous super-fights in Supergirl, imo. It shows real improvement I think.

riv6672
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Still a fun fight.
Yeah; I liked it!

Surtur
They're not great, but they're a massive step-up from previous super-fights in Supergirl, imo. It shows real improvement I think.

I can't speak to that cuz I don't really watch Supergirl, but I can confirm I've seen better fights on a show that ended 8 years ago(Smallville).

riv6672

80sBaby
Smallville never even had Clark throw a punch. He just shoved his opponents at superspeed.

Surtur
Originally posted by 80sBaby
Smallville never even had Clark throw a punch. He just shoved his opponents at superspeed.

Most of the time yeah cuz that was all it took. There were some fights where he did throw punches though when it came to beings near or on his level.

riv6672

Surtur
I'm so damn angry and offended batgirl never got punched in the face.

riv6672
I can see that.

cdtm

cdtm
Maybe the sound effect captions, covering it up, but could have sworn they didn't do those on every punch.

riv6672

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>