Larfleeze vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deft
100,000 % Larfleeze and Average Galactus

Who win

Galan007
Larf.

leonidas
Galactus.

abhilegend
Depends on which Galactus shows up. On average Galactus if fed, Larfleeze if its hungry Galactus.

Stoic
What is a 100,00% Larfleeze, because this seems like a spite thread in his favor to me. That's a big ass number.

Galan007
It's just a percentage of Lantern power that Larf accessed once:

https://i.imgur.com/LQ2KCJw.jpg

Mind you, Larf had previously amped himself to 'just' 7,839%, which was sufficient for him to steamroll through all of the Guardians + noteworthy GLs like Hal and John... And here he'd be around 12x more powerful.

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
It's just a percentage of Lantern power that Larf accessed once:

https://i.imgur.com/LQ2KCJw.jpg

Mind you, Larf had previously amped himself to 'just' 7,839%, which was sufficient for him to steamroll through all of the Guardians + noteworthy GLs like Hal and John... And here he'd be around 12x more powerful.

Ahhh, well in that case I'd bet on Larfleeze. But wait, isn't Larfleeze and the Lantern's magical per Byrne? If so, we just saw what magical munchies do to Galactus. I'm not too sure about this one?

Galan007
Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns are comprised of blood magics, but I don't think any of the other Corps are...

However, Larf's constructs can consume magical energy as well:
https://i.imgur.com/cKZZZNK.jpg

Stoic
Yeah but Galactus is one of the biggest energy consumers in comics. It's his thing. Well you saw what he's recently become, not to mention that he has a history of devouring nearly anything. Mephisto's realm for one. Lanterns deal out energy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ate Larfleeze like he ate Dormammu and all of those other magical beings.

Galan007
It's possible, but his recent feats don't give Galactus blanket immunity to all forms of energy attack, imo... Especially when all of Larf's constructs would be trying to devour Galactus and his energies as well.

Tack on the fact that a 100,000% Larf would logically be a good deal stronger than your average Galactus, and I think he can pull the win.

DarkSaint85
Also tack on the fact that energy attacks from Glads was hurting him.
Just saying, assuming we're focussing on his latest appearance.

leonidas
lol if you're focusing on latest appearances then you should assume they hurt him because glads>satannish and dormammu. and he's apparently>>>>then the guy who gave lt trouble--and that came before he got rufied by that planet.
thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Just saying, assuming we're focussing on his latest appearance.

Is that a low ft for Galactus or a high showing for Gladiator?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
lol if you're focusing on latest appearances then you should assume they hurt him because glads>satannish and dormammu. and he's apparently>>>>then the guy who gave lt trouble--and that came before he got rufied by that planet.
thumb up

Lol pretty much.

Just saying, Stoic is using that showing....Which is fine if he wants to, it's a free country.

But in that showing, Big G wasn't exactly immune to all energy attacks. That's all.

Galan007
Just saying, assuming we're focussing on his latest appearance. thumb up

Lots of things to tack here. thumb up

LordGod
Originally posted by Galan007
Tack on the fact that a 100,000% Larf would logically be a good deal stronger than your average Galactus Based on?

Galan007
Based on Larf stomping the collective Guardians while tapping just a small fraction of that percentage.

Stoic
So it really just comes down to if Galactus can devour, or gobble up Larf's energy (constructs and all), before Larfleeze does it to him. As I mentioned earlier, I'll go with the guy that has the history of having the munchies for energy throughout his history over the one that seems to have so much to give. We all know that Galactus isn't a one trick pony, so hopefully it doesn't sink to that level.

Lol pretty much.

Just saying, Stoic is using that showing....Which is fine if he wants to, it's a free country.

But in that showing, Big G wasn't exactly immune to all energy attacks. That's all.

You're right he had to adjust, but you seem to be implying that the would have to be in order to defeat Larfleeze. Think on that.

DarkSaint85
Well, as Galan pointed out, on a fraction of that power, Part was stomping the collective Guardians.

On top of that, this is an energy he's never encountered before. So yeah, I am outright saying, not implying, that he can take him.

Stoic
It really depends on if Galactus is able to absorb the energy. So I really don't think that anyone knows how this would go.

DarkSaint85
But that's based on him having the munchies etc...

Larf IS that, throughout his history. He's literally got the avatar of greed with him, lol.

He's also, FWIW, consumed a guy who was a planet eater. Without hitting his 10,000%.

Philosophía
Larf.

DarkSaint85
My bad, Blume wasn't a planet eater, he only roamed planet to planet devouring their possessions.

Stoic
But that's based on him having the munchies etc...

Larf IS that, throughout his history. He's literally got the avatar of greed with him, lol.

He's also, FWIW, consumed a guy who was a planet eater. Without hitting his 10,000%.

And Galactus just became a megaversal threat by consuming magical energy. I get what you're saying, but this is a subject that can't be answered, especially when we need to consider the fact that Galactus can control time among his other abilities. Neither are one trick ponies, and I'm not about to lowball Larfleeze. I just don't think that anyone can claim a winner with 100% certainty.

DarkSaint85
Wait so you think current Galactus is average G, as per OP?

That's...Golgo-esque, lol.

quanchi112
Galactus, easily.

Stoic
Wait so you think current Galactus is average G, as per OP?

That's...Golgo-esque, lol.

Current Galactus was hungry as he's ever been before he became what he currently is. You ought to attempt seeing both sides before slinging insults, because if anyone is suffering from tunnel vision here it certainly isn't me. Galactus has consumed nearly every form of energy in comics, so I hardly see it as outlandish to give him high chances of consuming one of the glow fairies.

DarkSaint85
Again: in the highest recent showing we've seen of Galactus....Black Bolt and Gladiator were both affecting him. So much for him consuming nearly every energy there is.

And we're using an AVERAGE (so certainly not his high showings, or even his recent showing) G.

Stoic
But before he was at this high, he was well below average. If you don't want to leave space for doubt be my guest.

Senor Cage
Probably Larfy.

panthergod
Originally posted by quanchi112
Galactus, easily.

Prove that laughable claim.

Stoic
Again: in the highest recent showing we've seen of Galactus....Black Bolt and Gladiator were both affecting him. So much for him consuming nearly every energy there is.

And we're using an AVERAGE (so certainly not his high showings, or even his recent showing) G.

Gladiator had a nice showing for once, but what exactly did he do to Galactus? I didn't see Galactus cry out in pain as if the assault was killing him or anything. I saw him basically stand there and take the assault None of them did any lasting damage. He could have straight up melted their minds with tp before it ever went anywhere. Galactus was playing with everything that he encountered, while growing stronger with every win. And he was consuming everything. Plot wouldn't allow them to kill so many main characters permanently, and so Galactus was given kids gloves to gently crush them.

Stoic
So then i went back and re-read that Black Bolt was being used like a focusing lens. He was magically augmented, and it did nothing much to Galactus. And again, before it all started, Galactus was nearly starved to death, and weak. It kind of reminds me of when Galactus used Hyperstorm like a water faucet, and that guy had near limitless reserves of power to tap into.

DarkSaint85
But I was referring to after, when Galactus absorbed him. His energies were giving him pretty bad stomach issues, due to their genetic nature (and not because they were augmented).
So 'consuming nearly every energy there is', is a bit misleading when in one of his highest recent showings, Gladiator is burning his skin and the genetic component of Bolts energies is giving him universal shits.

quanchi112
Originally posted by panthergod
Prove that laughable claim. He consumes the energy he has basically powering him up. The guy can consume entire realms of power. This is an easy win against the muppets baby.

zopzop
Galactus has come a long way these past 10 or so years. He's shown the ability to absorb (on the fly) most any energy thrown at him (even magic which makes NO sense but whatever).

He should win.

Stoic
But I was referring to after, when Galactus absorbed him. His energies were giving him pretty bad stomach issues, due to their genetic nature (and not because they were augmented).
So 'consuming nearly every energy there is', is a bit misleading when in one of his highest recent showings, Gladiator is burning his skin and the genetic component of Bolts energies is giving him universal shits.

Some people are slightly lactose intolerant, but it doesn't stop them from eating cereal again. That's what I felt when I read the scene of Galactus eating Black Bolt, and Black Bolt was amped out the ass. I'd place Galactus in his current state above DOV Spectre, and I'd be weirded out if people said that Larfleeze would beat that version of the Spectre. I just don't see why Galactus would be unable to absorb Larfleeze after his recent showing? Those constructs are pure energy, and I believe that the more power that Larfleeze threw at Galactus, the worse things would get for him, as Galactus would probably eat them and grow more powerful. Name 5 times that Galactus failed to metabolize something that he ate. I can think of one time. The Elders of the Universe due to their nature, and maybe when he consumed the Old Power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.