bigby wolf vs venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
who's walking away....?

Stoic
Any feats on this guy Leo? What comic is he in?

leonidas
Oh dude, I envy you. READ FABLES! Please. I GUARANTEE you will not regret it.

Putinbot1
Good fight, Venom probably but ckose

Flyattractor
Would be fun to see Bigby Huff&Puff Venom away over and over like a WB Cartoon.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas

I'll check it out

Senor Cage
Venom.

carver9
Bigby W

cdtm

Loses something after Geppetto's defeat. The Dark Man, toy kingdom, or what's his face evil prince who killed Bigby and selfish Red released to redeem didn't really grab me.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
I'll check it out

I'd recommend the game. It's how I got interested in the series, and it has a lot of unique stuff you can't get from the comics.

Adam Grimes
Oh dude, I envy you. READ FABLES! Please. I GUARANTEE you will not regret it. 10 phucking times this.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by cdtm
Loses something after Geppetto's defeat. The Dark Man, toy kingdom, or what's his face evil prince who killed Bigby and selfish Red released to redeem didn't really grab me. Tbh the only part I didn't like were the last few arcs. They felt... Aimless and then bam, a rushed ending.

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Tbh the only part I didn't like were the last few arcs. They felt... Aimless and then bam, a rushed ending.

One thing I think we can agree on.

The Literal were really, really stupid.

I did kind of like Jack's animosity with Rigby though.

DarkSaint85
Depends how far you want to take the North Wind powers he has...

cdtm
Didn't do him a lot of good against Prince Usurper.

I wish Prince Charming was around to fight him, always liked him.

leonidas
i loved the literals arc.... and i think bigby's could definitely win this. he could give a pounding with his breath, and in full wolf form he may be stronger than venom--maybe. he has some impressive durability feats throughout that series. venom is fast af though when he wants to be and i could def see venom taking this too. tbh, i'm not sure who i'd favor in this. my fable love wants to say bigby, because he's just so cool, but venom is venom.

Adam Grimes
One thing I think we can agree on.

The Literal were really, really stupid.

I did kind of like Jack's animosity with Rigby though. I kind of forgot about them tbh.

And Brandish was a pussy. Venom is not bringing high level magic to the table, anyway.

cdtm
i loved the literals arc.... and i think bigby's could definitely win this. he could give a pounding with his breath, and in full wolf form he may be stronger than venom--maybe. he has some impressive durability feats throughout that series. venom is fast af though when he wants to be and i could def see venom taking this too. tbh, i'm not sure who i'd favor in this. my fable love wants to say bigby, because he's just so cool, but venom is venom.

All the literary critiques. The whole exercise, creative as it was, reminds me too much of some Yale college professor going off on Stephan King and J.K. Rowling as examples of bad literature.

That's the problem with literary nerds, they only see the world in black and white: You're either a Thomas Pynchon or, at the least, a John Updike, or you're mass consumer trash. Books aren't for escapism or enjoyment, they're for flexing your muscles and proving your nerd credentials.

More or less the same as cinema snobs looking at the Star Wars Prequels and Citizen Kane, except book snobs tend to be a lot more condescending about it.

Glorificus
How fast is Bigby in reflexes and combat speed?

Smurph
Bigby can take this. Wind powers alone, probably.

Stoic
Venom survived a confrontation with Knull guys. At extreme highs, Venom could easily fight it out with high heralds. Well, as long as they don't possess the power to exploit his weaknesses.

DarkSaint85
But Bigby could literally blow Venom away.

For those not in the know, he's the Big Bad Wolf from the three little piggies story.

Also, would he not be impossible to put down due to him being a fable? As in, as long as people still read the three little piggies story and little red riding hood, he can heal and come back?

leonidas
he can and has been ko'd so a forum win is obviously possible.... but venom taking on high heralds? blink

Stoic
Juggernaut

leonidas
huh? didn't he just sort of take a bunch of hits? if it's the fight i remember venom was never, even for a moment, a threat to juggs. it was a nice durability feat, but didn't juggs just sort of get tired of venom and leave that fight? or was there another one. also, bigby isn't the same as juggs. his claws and wind powers add something juggs doesn't have. and even that juggs showing isn't exactly typical of a guy who is closer to spidey than he is to the herald tier....

like i said, venom can accumulate enough damage via shape shifting and incapacitating bigby maybe, but it wouldn't be easy that's for sure.

Stoic
Leo, do you have the scans of the confrontation? I mean it's not as if a typical class 20, or even 50 could stand there taking hits from Cain, which is what I was getting at, and Knull is a Sky Father killer.

leonidas

Adam Grimes
In Werewolves of the Heartland Bigby, in his first form mind you, was casually one-shot killing Werewolves that could effortlessly rip off jail doors.

He still has two forms, each exponentially stronger than the previous one with his last form being the giant wolf with wind powers inherited from his godly father.

If Venom manages to pull the win here it's not going to be easy at all.

ShadowFyre
I really wanna check this out. Anybody got any scans of bigby?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I really wanna check this out. Anybody got any scans of bigby?

https://imgur.com/a/mIhfi

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I really wanna check this out. Anybody got any scans of bigby? A Werewolf can do this. https://m.imgur.com/UKynTop

My boy doesn't give them the time of day. https://m.imgur.com/a/hZENu

DarkSaint85
Didn't do him a lot of good against Prince Usurper.

I wish Prince Charming was around to fight him, always liked him.

You mean Prince Brandish?

He broke his arm in his first attack, and Brandish had a weapon that was 100 magical artifacts distilled into one. Brandish was protected by a spell which transferred his injuries to Snow White....

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You mean Prince Brandish?

He broke his arm in his first attack, and Brandish had a weapon that was 100 magical artifacts distilled into one. Brandish was protected by a spell which transferred his injuries to Snow White....

Lupey the wolf didn't know that though, and they interrupted the spell. Or slowed it for awhile, so they could look into stopping it from killing her (Which should have stopped being a concern, when it was revealed Brandish never had his heart in his chest, meaning that damage never would have been tranferred.)

Adam Grimes
Yeah, that wasn't a fair fight at all. Snow White later bested the kid by the sword with the lessons Prince Charming gave her long ago.

DarkSaint85
Lupey the wolf didn't know that though, and they interrupted the spell. Or slowed it for awhile, so they could look into stopping it from killing her (Which should have stopped being a concern, when it was revealed Brandish never had his heart in his chest, meaning that damage never would have been tranferred.)

He didn't, no.

But his very first attack (with his breath) would have hurt Brandish.

So saying 'it didn't do him a lot of good', is incorrect. Because Brandish had a spell with him.

Moreover, it's not as if Venom has the benefit Brandish has, of places to jump around on. It's a 500m battlefield with no features.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.