Mjolnir vs. Mjolnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowFyre
Pretty simple question. If you are worthy and pick up regular 616 Thor's Mjolnir in the current timeline you get his powers, correct?

What if you pick up Old King Thors Mjolnir in the future? Do you Old King Thors stats? Or if you picked up a younger Thor's mjolnir, like when he first became worthy? Would you be weaker than current Thor? Since he gets stronger with age.

If 3 different versions of you carried 3 different copies of Mjolnir from across the timeline and then fought would there be a difference?

And if a young Thor were to grab Old King Thors hammer would he become that strong?

-Pr-
You know what, that's a really good question, so I'll leave it open for now. At least until someone answers.

Magnon

DarkSaint85
Well, when Jane picked it up, she was doing things Classic Thor was doing, right? But at the same time, she was doing things he couldn't, because it was down to Mjolnir/Motherstorm.

So I would say it's really the power of Motherstorm. Remember, Thor is a title, not a person. So 'the power of Thor' isn't to do with Odinson.

Aaron, amirite?

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by -Pr-
You know what, that's a really good question, so I'll leave it open for now. At least until someone answers.

Sorry, guess I should bave made it a battle.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Sorry, guess I should bave made it a battle.

No, no, no.

That's not what Pr meant.

Take a look:

Comic Book Questions & Discussion

Latest update:

Originally posted by Galan007
{edit}
Aside from just discussing weekly ownage and whatnot, this thread has also transitioned into a sort of general comic book talk thread, which is totally fine. With that being said, it will now be taking the place of the previous Comic Book Questions thread in the less trafficked CB forum.

So feel free to ask any questions, or discuss any info related to comic books here as well.

But as Pr said, it's actually a good question, so it kinda justifies making a separate thread for it. For now, at least.

Just like it's not so easy to answer whether or not picking Mjolnir up has enhanced Cap's physical attributes in MCU EG... but I digress.

leonidas
i'm sure knowing that you agree with his decision to keep this open for now, has really put pr's mind at ease, stilt. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
I'm sure, too.

I'm his SO, after all love

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No, no, no.

That's not what Pr meant.

Take a look:

Comic Book Questions & Discussion

Latest update:

But as Pr said, it's actually a good question, so it kinda justifies making a separate thread for it. For now, at least.

Just like it's not so easy to answer whether or not picking Mjolnir up has enhanced Cap's physical attributes in MCU EG... but I digress.

Gotcha. And the comics at least make it fairly clear that you get some or all of his stats. Unless your a woman and then you get retcon powers to boot

Stoic
Pretty simple question. If you are worthy and pick up regular 616 Thor's Mjolnir in the current timeline you get his powers, correct?

What if you pick up Old King Thors Mjolnir in the future? Do you Old King Thors stats? Or if you picked up a younger Thor's mjolnir, like when he first became worthy? Would you be weaker than current Thor? Since he gets stronger with age.

If 3 different versions of you carried 3 different copies of Mjolnir from across the timeline and then fought would there be a difference?

And if a young Thor were to grab Old King Thors hammer would he become that strong?

You'd get Thor's power nothing more, nothing less. Old King Thor sacrificed an eye to that ancient tree (forgot how to spell it) and it raised his level of power from what I understood. I could be wrong though, but I believe that is what increased his power level to that of an All Father. He pretty much did what Odin did. The hammer itself just adds to his power. Let's wait and see if Marvel treats this as an official power up, or if they've nerfed the Sky Father class.

ShadowFyre
Don't Asgardians get physically stronger with age?

carver9
Yes

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by carver9
Yes

So the strength of thor can differ on the age of the thor is what i was getting at.

LordGod
Originally posted by carver9
Yes So what would their strongest age be? Because I'm sure once they get too old they start getting weaker right?

StiltmanFTW
Don't Asgardians get physically stronger with age?

The Thing does... based on one of his alternate future selves.

Asgardians? First time I heart of it. Not saying you're wrong, but... it's something that thorbags would've pointed out to me... I spent more than a decade trapped on this site...

ShadowFyre
Well I know Old King Thor was physically taking it to Galactus and able to hold Gor by himself, and he is just always portrayed as physically superior as King Thor and Old King Thor but I can't think of anything that actually says it. Carver?

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, but as Stoic said, he did sacrifice his eye and - most importantly - he did inherit the Odinpower... the whole thing, not just a fraction of it.

It has nothing to do with age. Odinpower is what amps him so much. That has always been the case for those "King" versions of Thor.

Even Straczynski's Thor, who only gained a portion of it, had his durability vastly boosted... which was noted by Stark and later even by Thor himself (who doesn't like admitting stuff like that).

Also, stop asking Carver about comics. Please.

ShadowFyre
No. I asked Carver because he said yes like it was a fact as weell sonInwas seeing if he had a reason for saying yes.

StiltmanFTW
he said yes like it was a fact

And...?

That's... what carver does...

Look, you're the villain here. Like Dent interrogating that schizophrenic in TDK:

7ZEQQeN3pdI

And I'm the Batman stopping you, my friend.

ShadowFyre
Oh wow. My hero. Are you gonna carry me to safety to or is that gay?

StiltmanFTW
Oh wow. My hero. Are you gonna carry me to safety to or is that gay?

No, I'm gonna let you become KMC's version of Two-Face, so you can kidnap mods' families and break them mentally biscuits

https://i.imgur.com/hvBLsuT.gif

ShadowFyre
Hell yeah, I wonder who all has cute wives

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, but as Stoic said, he did sacrifice his eye and - most importantly - he did inherit the Odinpower... the whole thing, not just a fraction of it.

It has nothing to do with age. Odinpower is what amps him so much. That has always been the case for those "King" versions of Thor.

Even Straczynski's Thor, who only gained a portion of it, had his durability vastly boosted... which was noted by Stark and later even by Thor himself (who doesn't like admitting stuff like that).

Also, stop asking Carver about comics. Please.

Stilt I'm not certain if he has the Odin Force. I think that Odin actually retained his power due to Thor sacrificing his eye. I'm thinking that he has the Thor Force. But I could be wrong. Do you recall any mention of Odin giving Thor his power? I recall OKThor saying that he was powered by the Thor Force which is why I'm a bit confused.

Wonder Man
If I remember Beta fighting that guy in Anilalators who can cut relams Bill has the power of the place he fights.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.